Galleries R Us: Contour

Sammy looks back at the painting again for a moment before shaking his head. "No. I have an appreciation of the arts, but no skill in creating it myself. Sculptures are just to bulky for me. They're heavy, hard to move around, and take up too much space."

Sammy blinks slightly as he realizes that he might have said too much. He gives a nervous laugh as he tries to draw attention away from his words. "I used to work for a museum. They had me help set up exhibits from time to time."

Unsure if he had managed to divert the man's attention from his slip, Sammy decides to change the subject. "So, you sculpt? I would love to see your work sometime."

Sammy nods his head in understanding. "Well, good luck to you here in Freedom. I hope you have a good time. There are a number of things that I have to deal with so I'll be off."

Sammy moves away form the super on his way to the door. "I'll be looking for your name in the papers."

Contour nods, "That sounds fine. but pretty sure he will see the odd guy again, but not sure what side of the law. He has a feeling this guy Sammy is on whatever side suits him at the moment.

He then heads back to the museum to appreciate the real art, sculptures.

And to try not to mess or 'improve' any of them. It is a big temptation, but Contour has never really done that.

• 3 weeks later...

Contour looks up at some of the larger-than-life sculptures and sees how they were made, and the level of the artist who made it. With most he is not too impressed, as artists copy other artists, or just make pedestrian items probably destined to adorn an obscure corner of some park somewhere.

He wonders if this city has any great artists or people who are interested in art, especially those with powers, but he just does not know.

Might be something to find out......

And he leaves the gallery after a bit longer and heads back home ..... [southpoint]