Metamorphic Device's

Kavos

The past few weeks I've been mulling over an idea, that i may replace shui with after his current story is finished.

My question is, how would you build a Device that is capable of changing?

I was thinking passable the Morph - Metamorph power? so for example

Device 10

-Morph 5 (Metamorph 3)

Morph 1: Power Armor

-Morph 5 (metamorph 3)

-Protection 10

-ext

-ext

Morph 2: Jet pack

-Morph 5 (metamorph 3)

-Flight 10

something like that anyway? Although as much as i like the character I'm not sure how successfully I'd be creating the character, since his powers are fairly complex and it may end up being too cost restrictive.

Morph/Metamorph builds tend to get exceedingly complicated. And Metamorph is for the entire character, not just one thing (since it is in some ways an "Alternate Power" for your entire character sheet).

What is the device, and how/why does it change? How many "forms" is your device going to have? Is it a few pre-set things, or "anything"? Are the some effects/powers it has that are always in effect no matter what form it's in?

Morph/Metamorph builds tend to get exceedingly complicated. And Metamorph is for the entire character, not just one thing (since it is in some ways an "Alternate Power" for your entire character sheet).

What is the device, and how/why does it change? How many "forms" is your device going to have? Is it a few pre-set things, or "anything"? Are the some effects/powers it has that are always in effect no matter what form it's in?

I was thinking on that last night, and i thought another option rather than morph/metamorph (since as you say it gets complicated) would be Alternate form, linked with Alternate powers?

As for what the device is, it’s actually a number of devices each keyed to a specific job.

What I'm thinking of atm is

Battle Armour device

Movement device

Weapons device

Sensor device

Drone device (possible, maybe if I can think of a good way to do them but probably not.)

Each one would have a number of Alternate form, and abilities, but depending on what it is it may have more or less, (So say the Battle armour may only have 1 or 2 other forms, were as the movement device would likely have 5-6 different forms (things like Motorcycle, Jetpack ext) Each device would be Pre-set with what it can transform into, and what abilities it has in that form.

For the most part they have no pre-set powers that are always on, and they have no powers while there not activated (other than to change into there other active forms)

• 4 weeks later...

Have you considered making it a Gadget (as per the Ultimate Power)? This one gives 5 PP per rank that you can use on whatever powers you want, that you can reconfigure as a standard action. Write up some of the more common effects, just for ease of reference. It is basically the device based shapeshift power.

Have you considered making it a Gadget (as per the Ultimate Power)? This one gives 5 PP per rank that you can use on whatever powers you want, that you can reconfigure as a standard action. Write up some of the more common effects, just for ease of reference. It is basically the device based shapeshift power.

Hmm i hadn't considered that, and it would actually be the easiest and best way to do it. Unfortunately I believe Freedom PbP has a general rule of not allowing Veritable power's such as gadgets. (I believe it is because most of the games are player driven, and so therefore it make's it can cause complications for the GM's who just help out in the game rather than running it.)

But thank you for the suggestion :D