IRON MAN: ARMORED ADVENTURES cartoon

Iron Man: Armored Adventures is an upcoming television series which is set to debut on the Nicktoons Network in 2009.

17 year old Tony Stark nearly loses his life and his father in a fatal plane crash one day at the time when Howard Stark refuses Obadiah Stane's Earth Mover Project. Building a device that keeps him alive, Tony Stark then builds a high-tech armor and becomes Iron Man. With the help of Jim Rhodes, Happy Hogan, and Pepper Potts, Iron Man fights the enemies of World Peace which often leads him in conflict with the evil Mandarin. He also fights other villains like Crimson Dynamo, Madame Masque, Blizzard, and Whiplash.

Read more here, and see the trailer here.

I want to use some harsh language here. Too bad this is a PG-13 board.

Anyway, what the hell is up with Tony being a teenager? This is the influence of those damn animes, I swear to god. Apparently, the people that make these things don't think adults watch cartoons, and think kids need someone their age to "relate to". This is crap. I honestly don't care how good it is, I will not be able to wrap my head around some snot nose punk in an Iron Man outfit. This isn't Spiderman, Tony Stark isn't Peter Parker, and Pepper Pots isn't Mary Jane. Their shoehorning of established canon into a more pleasing shape will backfire, mark my words.

Oh, and PS? The Mandarin looks like Queen Beryl. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• 8 months later...

I don't think I'm going to watch this, though, looks too cartoony. And yes, I know it's a cartoon, but that has nothing to do with how they try to pull off the story.

Blame the Cell-Shaded Animation. Crap, I'm a computer graphics major and even I hate this cheap-jack attempt to reduce animation costs even further than they've already cut down. This is precisely the reason why I'm not in the least bit psyched about the show.