Jump to content
Thevshi

Praetorians: Return to the Fold (IC)

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Hyperslice's first attack started to send the yellow armored Spectrum Knight flying backward, but she had barely started to move when the serpentine Praetorian was behind the Spectrum Knight, delivering another powerful blow that changed the direction of Spectrum Knight's momentum.  Several more blows shifted the direction of momentum several more times, before the final tail slap sent the Spectrum Knight crashing down to the ground below where the armored figure created a small impact crater. 

 

With the red armored Spectrum Knight bound by Moon Moth's snare, that left only two remaining Spectrum Knights to face the three Praetorians, who thus far had not even been bothered by anything the Spectrum Knights had thrown at them.  Realizing their predicament, the two remaining Spectrum Knights projected tendrils of colored energy to snatch up their bound or fallen comrades.  The pair then started to fly away at high speed, the tendrils of energy trailing behind them.

Share this post


Link to post

Paradigm


Amara was about to direct Moon-Moth and Hyperslice to follow after the Spectrum Knights when she heard Hyperslice's comment to Traveller.  The Naram glanced back towards the Kavaka, her enhanced vision allowing her a better view of what Sitara was interacting with.

 

Before she could comment on the sight of a U.F.O., Sitara patched unit 777 through to her over the comms.  Holding up one hand, toward Moon-Moth and Hyperslice, the Naram stated, "hold off pursuit for a moment, I think we might have a way to covertly follow them to see if we can locate the local headquarters."

 

Activating her comms, the Naram then replied in Delaztri, <"greetings U.F.O. 777, I am Amara Val-Ren, also known as Paradigm.  I must admit it has been some time since I have seen a U.F.O., but I am very pleased to see you.  We could very well use your assistance.  We need a covert reconnaissance of the destination of the armored foes that just fled from the engagement with us.  We are hoping to locate their base of operations in order to capture as many of them as possible and halt their operations on this world.">

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller

“See I told you building them to last was a good idea, that what’s made our seven’s workout. We’ll be out there shortly.” there was more than a touch of pride in her voice, she loved all her children both biological and digital.

 

She holsters her weapon with a spin and began to move towards the airlock, gesturing to the probe as she walked.

 

“Come on I’ll travel with you over to the others, I’m sure you’ve got lots of stories about your journey to share...”

Share this post


Link to post

U.F.O.

 

A mission already! One that could lead to the capture of enemies of the Praetorians at their base of operations! As with the Traveller, 777 responded in the Delaztri. <"Affirmative! This unit will be with you in a moment for mission parameters.">

 

777 happily floated a bit from side to side at the message, waiting a moment for the Traveller's response, before making a nodding gesture by lightly bobbing up and down. "Affirmative! This unit has recorded much from its travels to internal databanks." It seemed best to follow the designer. It might make for a better impression to accompany a Praetorian, rather than simply appear from out of nowhere. Its upper and lower shell split slightly appear, one arm extending and knocking on the top part of the saucer shell. "This unit's outer armor is still 100% original. Built to last!" A light echo and confirmation of the earlier statement.

Share this post


Link to post

U.F.O.

 

Well, the mission had been given. The enemies of the Praetorians were escaping, and they needed someone to follow that could do so swiftly, and while remaining hidden. If the Praetorian leader designated Paradigm had given the order, then 777 would follow it. It felt strange, in a way. 777 had begun to establish that it felt things that organics would call feelings. What was this feeling? Pride? Very interesting.

 

<"This unit will establish pursuit and contact the Praetorians once a base of operations has been reached.">

 

Engaging its full stealth suite, 777 would seem to disappear as it started its pursuit.

Share this post


Link to post

The Traveller

Sitara watched the little probe go a mix of pride and a little concern as well, there was a remote chance that it’s encounter with the Communion had corrupted it systems. It behaviors was definitely beyond it design capacities, it did however seemed to be mostly friendly.

 

“As you took all the fun for yourself, you want a pickup now? I make these probes pretty good, so it shouldn’t take long to find something interesting.”

 

For now she decided to keep her concerns to herself, beside she liked the little probe.

Share this post


Link to post

Paradigm

 

<"We will be awaiting your report unit 777."> Amara replied as she settled back down on the ground near where she and the others had been fighting with the Spectrum Knights. With her enhanced senses, the Naram was able to see when the U.F.O. unit had engaged its stealth field, vanishing from sight as it presumably began to follow the departing Spectrum Knights.

 

At Sitara's question, Amara could not help but smile slightly. "Until we allowed them to escape, there were still some Spectrum Knights for you." She replied at first in a jovial tone, before becoming serious once more to answer the actual question. "No, leave the Kavaca where it is. We can follow after under our own power. I would rather not risk using something that would more easily alert them to our approach."

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

After engaging its stealth suite, 777 began pursuit after the fleeing armored figures. With the stealth field engaged, 777 could not commit full power to its propulsion systems, meaning its targets were greatly out pacing it. However, it was able to lock its long range sensors on the figures as they continued to move further away as it followed at its best possible speed.

 

Fortunately, 777 only had to try to keep the fleeing figures in sight for a short time before they descended down out of the air and out of visual sight. But it still took 777 a much longer time to follow after at its current slower speed, only being able to hope that the armored figures had come to ground somewhere nearby where it had lost sight of them.

 

Once it reached the area where it had lost visual contact with its targets, 777 found itself in a section of the expansive city that butted up right to high hills to the west. A section of the hillsides had been cutaway as part of expansion to this area to allow for buildings to fit into the area, resulting in numerous high cliff faces along this edge of the city. Somewhere in this area were the beings 777 had been ordered to follow.

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller

Sitara chuckled, she wasn't that disappointed with missing the fight today had been one of discoveries. She wanted a chance to get 7’s back to her own workshop to see how they worked, and to catch up on what they’d found it must have seen some sights in its time.

 

“Then I’m on my way! Ships already locked down against trouble anyway!”

 

With a quick one last check she stepped into the ship's airlock to go and join the rest of the Praetorian's, with the suits flight it wouldn’t take her long at all.  

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

777's initial scan of the area where it had lost sight of the fleeing armored figures had not turned up any sign of where they might have gone. Undeterred, the drone began a more careful, exacting search. This time it found what it was looking for. High up on one of the high cliff faces that had been cut out of the hills at the western edge of the city, 777 found a partially concealed entrance to a cave. Inside, it could see an armored figure, seemingly standing watch and looking back out toward the city, likely looking for any sign of pursuit.

 

Further back, Traveller had caught back up with the rest of the Praetoians before they all had left the sight of the initial fight with the Spectrum Knights, starting off slowly in the direction the armored terrorists had departed while they waited for any contact from the UFO unit as to an exact location.  

Share this post


Link to post

U.F.O.

 

777 followed, as fast as it could. It had been in few situations that required both speed and its stealth suite, and yet, this seemed to one of them. It was ineffective. Perhaps some upgrades to the power system would be in order. It had a hard time keeping up with the Spectrum Knights, struggling as it watched them disappear. What was this feeling? Disappointment? Embarassment? It was not quite sure. It was sure that it did not want to let down the Praetorians, at least, and so, it followed.

 

The area where the Spectrum Knights had disappeared to was slightly different than where 777 had been before. Hills and cliff sides, rather than only an urban area. Curious. Engaging its scanners, 777 went to work, scanning the area for any hidden areas or radio signals it might find. 

 

It took time, but it found a cave, behind a concealed entrance. Peeking inside, it could spot a single guard. Should it attempt to subdue him? Or should it contact the Praetorians first? It was tempting to attempt to show the Praetorians what it could do, but it decided against it, instead moving out of view from the cave entrance, doing its best to find a place to hide before disabling the stealth suites, so it could send a communication to the Praetorians. This was ineffective. Why had it never considered it such before? An upgrade was surely in order.

 

<"This unit has located the escaped combatants in a hidden cave at this unit's current location. Awaiting orders on how to proceed."> It sent its coordinates along with it. 

Share this post


Link to post

The Traveller

Sitara bought up a holomap of the area and pinpointed the data provided by 7’s, showing the area to Amara. Centuries of training showed as she naturally pointed out good points to approach the cave to avoid a potential ambush.

 

“See I made them good! Not like those Lor probes, they’re trash despite my best efforts!” her complaints were mostly tongue in cheek, though she missed the Delaztri tech sometimes.

 

“You want to move up boss, or do you have something else in mind?”

 

Having missed the initial attack she was itching to get a chance to fight, but she would wait on her leader as necessary.

Share this post


Link to post

Paradigm

 

Amara smiled slight at Sitara's comments about how much better the UFO was than current Lor technology. While the Naram did not exactly disagree with her friend, she also knew that there as a certain bit of good natured fun in Sitara's common dismissal of any Lor tech. "I think we should pay the Spectrum Knights a visit." She replied to Sitara's question.

 

She then activated her communicator and responded to UFO 777. "Subdue the sentry as quietly as possible. We are on the way to join in direct assault." She stated before she began to accelerate slightly as she turned in the direction of the cave.

Share this post


Link to post

U.F.O.

 

"Affirmative." 777's reply was short, before it resumed full stealth. How to approach this situation? It was one thing to hide and follow, another to attempt to stop an enemy combatant without making any noise, or alterting the combatant's allies. It would, perhaps, be best to draw the enemy combatant's attention, drawing it out of the cave.

 

Moving a bit away from the sentry, 777 engaged its tractor beam, a blue-ish white beam shooting out from a panel on its underside and grabbing hold of a rgood size ock. Then it threw the rock forward, a bit away from the enemy combatant, but with enough force to make some noise, hopefully drawing the sentry's attention.

Share this post


Link to post

The Traveller

Sitara’s armour helm deployed covering and protecting the face, though for now, she kept her faceplate clear so the others could see her face.

 

“Do we have plans for the cave system? Because it strikes me that they wouldn’t trap themselves in a cave unless they either had an exit planned or were planning an ambush.” 

 

She looked at the others and added after some thought.

 

“Maybe we should split our forces to cover any other exits, or as backup if things go awry. Your call of cause Amara.”

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...