New Arrival (IC, Open)

Thevshi

Salvo

As Tyler pulled off his hat, Nicole couldn't help but peer at the horns sticking out of his head. And as he put it back on, Nicole couldn't help but narrow her eyes in thought.

"Righttt," she said, drawing out the word. "You keep that cap on you at all times if you want most people to be friendly. Some people have a thing against demons. That's you, right? A demon? A demi-demon?"

She didn't wait for him to reply back as she tapped at her glasses. They allowed her to see Tyler's magical aura but nothing came through and she closed it with a disappointed sigh. "I've dealt with demons before. They can be easily found if you know where to look. But there are some students here who's got a beef with the infernal realms and all its inhabitants. Stealing souls and feeding on them like parasites."

Tyler didn't exude anything demonical but she could put two and two together to form a picture. She shook her head then tipped back her thermos for a large gulp of coffee.

"Take my advice. Don't think you suck souls if you're let in here, but... it just sucks to be you."

There was a scattering effect as intervening space changed, and Zenith burst out of thin air with a string of curses, and a streak of her brilliant multi-colored corona of hair behind her.  She caught herself with one hand on the ground and help guide herself into a roll, ending up, on her feet, before wheeling and looking back into space she had erupted from.  The glowing teen wore her 'normal' outfit, of a hooded long sleeve romper version of the Claremont uniform, with a lighted, swirling pattern, and a matching pair of kickpads and light shoes that let me move easily.  Well... one of her normal outfits.

"Huh.  Guess I am out of bounds.  Welp, f*** it, I lost.  Tag out!"  And with that, her knees buckled, and she dropped down to them, before her torso fell back, and she folded out onto the ground in another burst of that scattering digital-like white fire, reverting her to her more normal seeming form.

"Do you have to do that!?" Corinne cried out to her alter-ego, before she shifted her weight, to bring her legs up, and then snap back to her feet with a kip-up.  "... Murder on the knees..."  the tall blonde groused, as she swatted and brushed her fingers at herself to clear the dirt from the abrupt transition.

Seeing Salvo react to his horns made his expression go taut for a moment. "Yeah, that's me. Half-demon is as good a word as any, even though the actual demon is, like... generations back, I think." He nodded sadly. "We've already run in to one or two folks that looked pretty suspiciously at me and... yeah. It really does suck." 

Tyler watched, open mouthed as Zenith first appeared in a chaotic swirl of colour and then... reformed into something, someone else.

"Um... what just happened?"

Veronica

A neutral expression had come over Veronica's face as Tyler inadvertently reveled his small horns and Nicole gave him some rather blunt advice.  That tended to be something Nicole was rather good at, but she was trying to help Tyler somewhat.

But the bit of tension that had developed was then broken as Zenith made a rather flashy entrance (as if she could ever make any other kind). 

When Zenith had turned back into Corinne, Veronica gave a small smile as Tyler asked his question, seeming a bit confused.  "Tyler, this is another senior, Corrine Conrad.  You also briefly met her alter-ego, Zenith."  The teenage Danger said in way of greeting.

Salvo

"Ugh."

Nicole couldn't help but wince at the familiar display of multi-hued power. There were memories associated with its use she would rather not think about right now, but thankfully it did not seem like Zenith was at the helm today.

She watched as Zenith transformed back into Corinne, a more normal version of the girl. Then she turned to Tyler as Veronica gave an explanation.

"You're lucky it isn't Zenith you're meeting. First impressions stick with you all the way and her first impressions are just the worst. Corinne's bearable at least."

Her phone rang in her pocket and she looked down to see the alert. Saved by the bell as it was and she was grateful for it.

"Looks like I've got to head out now," she said to Tyler and Veronica. "Enjoy your... coffee. And the rest of your tour."

"Bye Alex. Maybe I'll have lunch with Penny next time."

She gave them a smile and a wave then began to ride past them and Corinne who was still brushing dirt off her costume. Nicole gave Corinne a much more subdued wave goodbye.

Then she was gone, leaving the four students in her wake.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Tyler gave a polite smile to Corrine. "Hello." It was clear he was trying to maintain a neutral expression on the rest of his face, acutely aware of his own newness and lack of knowledge of the social structure.

Then it was Salvo's turn to leave, and he gave her a short wave. "It was real nice to meet you all. This is shaping up to be one of the weirdest days for me, but... good." 

"I am right here!"  Corinne cried out, in exasperation, as she brushed back her short blonde hair, as she pushed her hood back, looming over the others easily, rolling her eyes at Nicole's tone more than the words.  She heard it enough, what with all the new kids that filtered into here when they, like her, got exposed, or demonstrated powers, or whatever brought them out.  So it seemed every time there was a social interaction Nicole sniped at her.  She knew she was responding when the driver shifted.  But...

Corinne opened her mouth like she was going to say something, then she just rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms across her chest, as she moved towards the others, idly kicking at the ground and toeing at the ground with her right leg.  "Right.  Hello.  Hello..."  She let her voice trail off in a question as she looked at Tyler.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Tyler. I'm... new. You must have known that already, sorry." He shrugged, his expression apologetic. "It's nice getting to know everyone, most people have been pretty friendly. I'm sorry I didn't really get to say hello to your... friend. But don't worry about what Nicole said. Believe me, I know a few things about how badly first impressions can go."

In all the confusion over exactly where Corinne and Zenith were and what they were up to, the return of the Smith girls came almost by surprise - a faint flush of color in Judy's cheeks, a look of tight blankness on Ashley's face that made her look like she wanted to be anywhere else. Judy took the lead, walking right up to Tyler and looking at him squarely. "Hi Tyler." She shot a quick, nervous glance at the other girls before she said, "Ah am here to apologize to you for being rude just now. We should not have judged you because of how your powers work." She turned and looked at Ashley, who rolled her eyes before saying, "Sure, okay, you're not a bad guy.

Judy frowned at her sister before she said to Tyler, "if you still don't want to be our friend, that's okay, but Ah'd like to be your friend." She smiled at him, then made a gesture towards the dorms. "Why don't we go inside? Ah know you got a tour first thing but they don't show you half the good stuff. Did you know they just put new X-Boxes in all the common rooms? Ah never even played video games before Ah got here but they're pretty nice." 

Tyler looked nervously at the two girls as they began to speak. His frown relaxed some when Judy began to apologise. He wasn't so naive to believe that Ashley's apology had been entirely sincere, but it was a start.

"Well, it was nice of you both to say that. Thank you. I know that my appearance can... upset some people, at first. I get that, and I can't blame you." There was a slight blush that rose to his cheeks when Judy said the words.

21 hours ago, Avenger Assembled said:

Judy frowned at her sister before she said to Tyler, "if you still don't want to be our friend, that's okay, but Ah'd like to be your friend." She smiled at him, then made a gesture towards the dorms. "Why don't we go inside? Ah know you got a tour first thing but they don't show you half the good stuff. Did you know they just put new X-Boxes in all the common rooms? Ah never even played video games before Ah got here but they're pretty nice." 

"I think I'd like that too." He looked at Veronica, then back at the sisters. "I should finish up the tour first, but I'd really like to join you later, if that's okay?"

"Nice to meet you Tyler."  She smiled, brightly, that billion watt expression that came easy, her head tilting to the side, as her hands rested on her hips, doing the superhero pose unconsciously.  She rocked on her feet, bouncing up onto the balls of her feet as she looked at them.  Her brows furrowed a bit as she took the exchange between Judy and Tyler, and then she noticed the horns.

She mouthed an 'oh', and ducked her head, before stepping aside to let that happen.  Sure she'd chime in on things all the time, however it was rather she had much to add to something like this, being not religious, and not directly involved.  Sure she could tease Ash, but really what?  Invite her somewhere private to toke up?  Veronica didn't seem inclined to do it.

Anyway, she'd tag along to be friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Veronica

"Take care Nicole."  Veronica responded as the older girl excused herself from the group at Zenith's arrival and subsequent transformation back to Corinne.  Fairly early on in the year the teenage Danger had noted Nicole’s general dislike for Zenith.

When Judy and Ashely reappeared, Veronica stayed quite, though she was not completely sure what to expect from the sisters.  Given her somewhat recent talk with Judy over lunch about some of the meanings of the Labrys, Veronica was slightly optimistic, a view that proved justified as Judy apologized for her initial reaction to Tyler, an apology that was quickly excepted.

When Tyler looked back at her, the teenager Danger gave a small smile in return.  "Well, we can try to speed up the tour so you are free to get up to the common rooms to join the gaming."

"I'm in no rush, really." Tyler seemed calmed, more relaxed now that Judy had offered her apology. "I definitely think I'd like to meet more new faces, now. Video games... I don't think I'd get much of a chance to get to know people?"

He turned his head to look once again at Corinne. "It'd be great if you joined us as well. 'The more, the merrier', isn't that the saying?"