Stargazers

RocketLord

Forever Boy

Pan could not suppress a warm smile as he saw the way that Reina picked a button. It was just adorable, really. Device held out, away form her body in stretched arm, and then one picked at random, with a closed eye. Honestly, it might be the best way to do it, they did not know what the device could do after all, but still! 

And then the text! So much all at once! Pan was sure he saw something about a distance from initial area, average movement speed and things like that, but extraterrastrial energies! That part stood out to him, shining like a star! It could clearly mean him, after all, he was not exactly from this world, was he now? "Well, if they were tracking something not from the Earth, they were probably after me! Still, I have never seen these two before!" He would have remembered those, would he not?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Extraterrestrial..." Reina swallowed. "...That, um, might be me...my powers, I mean. But why were they looking for it..." Whatever let her transform like this, it was definitely somehow out of this world. A little more confident it wasn't going to blow up in her face, Aurora relaxed a little bit. "One more, I guess..." She picked the one at the top right and pressed down.

Edited by Curious Key

GM

Nothing was easy, it seemed. They would not be able to figure it out from that button press, at least. The next one did not seem to do much, at least for the moment.

Then, an image popped up on the screen. It was a man or woman in an armor, very dark blue with lighter blue details. The helmet, shaped to resemble a wolf's head, with yellow lenses where the eyes would be, appeared directly on the screen. 

"Well... have you found the..." The voice was heavily modulated. There was an electronic effect to it. "Oh. I suppose you defeated those two idiots."

Aurora barely got a chance to catch a glimpse at the figure on the tablet. She'd been ready for the worst with the last button she'd pressed, but not for this one. Letting out an undignified squeak, Aurora dropped the tablet to the ground, staring down at it like it was a snake rearing up to bite her.

Forever Boy

Pan only had a moment to see the image appear on the screen. Someone in a dark blue armor. And then Reina dropped the tablet. "Oh! Careful now!" He was qucikly by Reina's side, feet on the ground to pick up the tablet and holding it up so that both he and Reina could see the armored individual. "Why, hello! So, what is the plot here? Why send those two men in armor after us?" Reina was not quite forceful enough to ask these questions, it seemed. That just meant that Pan would have to step up, and he was fine with that.

GM

The armored individual was silent. They looked at Pan and Aurora, but the helmet made it impossible to read their expression. "Just a hunter. Doesn't matter. You have something that I want. If those two fools could not get it on their own, then I will come for it myself." There was a moment, then the armored hunter seemed to move. The screen was replaced with static.

At least, the armored hunter's intention had been clear. One of them, or perhaps both, had something that the hunter wanted, and they would take it by force, if necessary. So, the question was still on the who, and the what. Perhaps one of the remaining buttons on the tablet held the answer? Or perhaps they should try choosing a better battlefield, if the armored hunter was coming for them.

Edited by RocketLord

Reina was feeling lightheaded. She didn't know what exactly Pan's powers were--he said he was from somewhere else. Could he be an alien? Or... Reina sighed, glad she didn't have to touch the ground, because her legs felt like so much jelly. Worst case scenario, they had a way to track Reina, and could follow her wherever. Best case scenario...Well, them being able to track Pan wasn't best case scenario either, was it? Whoever they were, they could find them both powered down. That meant he could find them anywhere. Until they knew why and how, he might be able to track them to Claremont. Even worse, they might not be the last...

"...Um...Sorry if this is a weird question, but, where are you from?" Deliberately, Aurora reached over and pressed down on one of the four buttons. "...Its a long story, my powers are from...a spaceship crash? So if they're looking up something extraterrestrial..." She left the rest unsaid.

Forever Boy

Pan smiled, shaking his head as he held the tablet. "Oh no, not at all. I am from Neverworld. I suppose it is in another dimension or reality or something like that. At any rate, it is most assuredly not the Earth, so I do believe I fit under the extraterrestrial grouping. Or perhaps extradimensional?" He had honestly not given it a lot of thought until now. "Still, it all depends on how fine this fellow's tracking equipment is, I suppose. If it can see a distinguish between such minor differences." True, he had not told Reina about Neverworld, had he? He would have to remedy that at some point, when the clock was not ticking quite as much as now.

The spaceship crash was interesting, however! Maybe it was Reina that they were tracking after all. "Could you have picked something up from the crash? Something that they could track? As far as I know, the only thing they could be tracking from me would be my Pixie Dust." He waved his arm a bit to demonstrate, some glowing golden dust falling from his hand.

Edited by RocketLord

GM

The screen flickered to life at Reina's touch. The scrolling data that had been showing all kinds of information about whatever the tablet were tracking disappeared, and the map rapidly zoomed out. A red dot remained at the location at the pair of Claremont students, but now a green dot was shown across the two, rapidly moving towards them, as if the device was tracking something else as well. 

Whatever the other dot was, it seemed to be approaching fast. They would not have long before it reached them.

Aurora

"So..." Reina swallowed. He might be right, they could have been tracking him. He was from another earth, technically, but... "...Its probably me." Aurora had worried about something like this, eventually, but she'd always imagined it would be a villain coming after her for revenge, or something. Not someone scoping her out as prey before she'd ever ran into trouble. "Its kinda complicated, but there was something, its just..." Aurora turned over her left hand and raised it so that Pan could see it, her sigil shimmering with its own light. "...Part of me, now."

"That's gotta be them, right..." She sounded resigned. "...Lets head to the roof, get more space." She zipped upward, scarf trailing behind her.

Forever Boy

Pan looked at the sigil, admiring it for a moment. There was a certain beauty to it. 

Reina was probably right, however. Why would anyone even be tracking him here? He had not made that many enemies yet, had he? Foiled some crimes, fought some super villains, done things at Claremont. That was the extent of his contributions in this world, as far as he was aware "I suppose you are right." He replied, as he approached the roof with Reina. She was probably right about the beeping sound and the approaching light on the tablet, so all they could do was prepare, it seemed. "But do not worry. You will not be alone." He grinned at her, winking once. 

"Aurora and Forever Boy! Who could stand against our might?"

Aurora

She gave Pan a bright little smile. "Thank you...sorry it turned out like this..."

It might be smarter to run to better cover, or hide somehow, but Reina was scared and tired of being scared, so instead she just flew up  hovering over the roof of the museum, tail lashing angrily above her head. She turned in the direction of the dot speeding rapidly toward her and watched Freedom's horizon.

Edited by Curious Key

Forever Boy

Pan waved Reina's apology away. "Why? There is no need for any apology. Why would I ever turn away from a friend in need?" He reached out, placing a hand on her shoulder. He was not quite sure how Reina would react, but he felt that he should reassure her, in some way. "Whoever it is that is hunting you, I will not leave your side. We will deal with him quickly, and then return to the tour! I promise you, before the day is done, we will have burgers at Champions!" He pointed to the sky at the last sentence, his smile almost glowing.

He and Reina were quite different, were they not? She needed some confidence! And he would do his best to help her with that!

GM

Whoever the blue-armored man was, he was heading straight for them, according to the tablet screen, at least. The pair of young heroes might feel ready, but so did the armored hunter. They could see the hunter soon. Not any details quite yet, but in the direction that the tablet said, a blue figure was approaching rapidly from the sky. This was their last chance to get ready, to prepare themselves. He would be there within moments now. 

Whoever the hunter was, he was fast, and he was determined. He would get his prey. The two armored men from before had meant nothing to him. A means to an end. Find the prey. He would pursue them himself. 

Edited by RocketLord

Part of her thought it would have been best to wait until whoever the dot was got here. Maybe she'd been mistaken and this was someone else that was being hunted? But when she saw the hunter closing, her fear tipped the scales and she tossed the thought aside.

Aurora raised her palm again, gathering power until her sigil throbbed on the edge of pain, and then let loose a searing bolt of violet starlight in the direction of the hunter.

GM

Whoever the hunter was, he was fast. The violet bolt of starlight surged towards him, and he twisted to the side, easily dodging, while raising his right hand. The gauntlet moved around, parts splitting apart and combining. It took less than a second for a long barrel to form, one that fired a laser beam straight towards Aurora. It was a clean hit, but would it actually hurt her? At any rate, the hunter continued, stopping right in front of the duo.

"Stand down, or I will be forced to hurt you. I have no interest in damaging the merchandise, but I will not let you hurt me!" There was an echo to the voice, distorted further by the armor.

Forever Boy

Now, when had Pan ever given up when someone told him to? Especially when that someone had sent someone to hunt him or his friend (but most probably his friend), and now shot at his friend too? Sure, Reina did shoot first, but you could hardly blame anyone for doing just that in her situation.

"Sorry, but I must decline."

Moving in close, he swept his hand towards the hunter, the Forever Blade materializing in brilliant Pixie Dust, even if his swing went wide.

Edited by RocketLord