Wrongdoers, Inc.

Veiled Malice

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit confused on why anyone would want to be a villain. Beating up on people who deserve seems really only satisfying when they're moronic jerks and not something nastier. Same thing with just doing whatever you want. Heck, taking over the world sounds boring. So am I just too much of a natural good guy, or is there some secret part of this that I don't get?

For a hero there has to be a villian... and well In a sense Villians have stories too and not many see themselves as villians but the true hero... Remember I want to take over the world not cause IM Evil Its cause I care... I care that the rest of humanity cant take care of itself and I know best So I should share this knowledge with the world and since I know whats good for the world why not just put me in charge...:)

I'm a bit confused on why anyone would want to be a villain. Beating up on people who deserve seems really only satisfying when they're moronic jerks and not something nastier. Same thing with just doing whatever you want. Heck, taking over the world sounds boring. So am I just too much of a natural good guy, or is there some secret part of this that I don't get?

For a hero there has to be a villian... and well In a sense Villians have stories too and not many see themselves as villians but the true hero... Remember I want to take over the world not cause IM Evil Its cause I care... I care that the rest of humanity cant take care of itself and I know best So I should share this knowledge with the world and since I know whats good for the world why not just put me in charge...:)

Well..did you know that when a comic is first being made it takes more to make the villians than heros? and heres just the three top reasons why its like that A) reasoning-why would some one WANT to rule the world, or destroy it or whatever? you could always use the generic insanity or somthing of the sort, but truly memorable villians have character development on par with thier heroic rival(s) B) Numbers-it seems to me for each hero theres a couple dozen villians involved, so when the hero almost always wins, it's that much more heroic..and while its true that theses "minion villians" are easy to come by they're all diffrent..powers, ideals, ect. C) Power- A good hero is only as good as thier villian..what would the x-men be without magneto?, or superman without Lex?(or even doomsday? hahaha) in short heros arent great for nothing, they need a good villian/nemisis to make them look good.

Besides, its pretty fun being able to do as heros do, but without a consince..like spawn

Well..did you know that when a comic is first being made it takes more to make the villians than heros? and heres just the three top reasons why its like that A) reasoning-why would some one WANT to rule the world, or destroy it or whatever? you could always use the generic insanity or somthing of the sort, but truly memorable villians have character development on par with thier heroic rival(s) B) Numbers-it seems to me for each hero theres a couple dozen villians involved, so when the hero almost always wins, it's that much more heroic..and while its true that theses "minion villians" are easy to come by they're all diffrent..powers, ideals, ect. C) Power- A good hero is only as good as thier villian..what would the x-men be without magneto?, or superman without Lex?(or even doomsday? hahaha) in short heros arent great for nothing, they need a good villian/nemisis to make them look good.

Besides, its pretty fun being able to do as heros do, but without a consince..like spawn

I guess I always see taking over the world in four voices:

1) Superiosity: "Dude, you are so much smarter than everyone else. You could solve all the world's problems in 2 minutes flat if you had absolute control."

2) Practicallity: "You'd suck, because people are stupid, and you are a people."

3) Paranoid: "Oh, yeah, sure, that's a great idea: get them all mad at YOU."

4) Lazy: "Ugh, work. Just sit back and watch them debate about nothing. It's free."

For these reasons when a villain gives their whole monologue about what grand reason they have for wanting to lord it over everyone it actually makes less sense to me the more real their character is. I think this even extends to regular bad-guys like gangsters and such. When you have a cartoony villain who is obviously made to silly and they give some totally wacky reason they're doing everything it just somehow becomes real because it's giving in to my vision of the stupidity of being a villain.

I guess I'm just weird that way. :D

1) Superiosity: "Dude, you are so much smarter than everyone else. You could solve all the world's problems in 2 minutes flat if you had absolute control."

2) Practicallity: "You'd suck, because people are stupid, and you are a people."

4) Lazy: "Ugh, work. Just sit back and watch them debate about nothing. It's free."

For these reasons when a villain gives their whole monologue about what grand reason they have for wanting to lord it over everyone it actually makes less sense to me the more real their character is. I think this even extends to regular bad-guys like gangsters and such. When you have a cartoony villain who is obviously made to silly and they give some totally wacky reason they're doing everything it just somehow becomes real because it's giving in to my vision of the stupidity of being a villain.