Giant Krampus 2: Krampus Campus (OOC)

Gizmo

1 hour ago, KnightDisciple said:

You'd proposed that we 3 do some sort of Combo attack, yeah?

If so, I'll do the same. 

EDIT: Upon some discussion in Chat, I'm going to do my round per normal and not delay. Will try to post that tomorrow. 

Actually, if you're not Delaying then how about we Combine Attack together instead? I haven't gotten a confirmation from Cubismo yet so to be on the safe side,

I'll Delay to Thunderbird. Thunderbird has the higher Init, so he goes first.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunderbird's going to try changing this up a bit. 

Free Action: Switch High Flier Array to "Stir the Storm" weather control power.

Move Action: Get to 60 feet away from Krampus.

Standard Action: Alter the weather for Krampus. I have 24PP to play with, here's what we'll do: 2pp/rank for Extreme Heat, 2pp/rank for Hamper Movement (High Winds), giving each of them 6 ranks (for 60 feet of range), and 24PP total. Micah will put the center of the alteration right in the middle of Krampus. 

EDIT: Opposed Power Check: 11. I'm gonna HP reroll that for 10 which becomes 20.

Edited by KnightDisciple

GIANT KRAMPUS

Opposed Power Check: 1d20+15 30

Giant Krampus unleashes the Basket of Ancient Winters!

Damage 15 (Extras: Area [General, Burst], Linked [Snare, +0]) + Snare 15 (Extras: Area [General, Burst], Linked [Damage, +0]; Flaws: Range [Touch], Limited [Entangle](ice blastwave)

That's a DC 30 Toughness Save and DC 25 Reflex Save for everyone within 150', reduced by a DC 25 Reflex Save against the area effect.

There are now three group of six dark elf minions each. One group is on Giant Krampus' back heading toward White Lioness, one group is scaling the wall of the dormitory to the rooftop and the last group is around Giant Krampus' hooves. They'll act after Giant Krampus starting next round.

32 - White Lioness - Uninjured, 1HP

25 - Zenith - Uninjured, 2HP

23 - Forever Boy - Bruised x1, 1HP

23 - Masque - Uninjured, 5HP

14 - Thunderbird - Uninjured, 2HP

14 - GIANT KRAMPUS - Bruised x1

14 - Dark Elves

Uninjured x6 [Giant Krampus' back]

Uninjured x6 [Dormitory Roof]

Uninjured x6 [Ground]

> 14 - Arcana, Uninjured, 3HP

> 11 - Ms. Thursday - Uninjured, 2HP

11 - Salvo - Uninjured, 2HP

10 - Dio - Uninjured

07 - Sun Dragon - Uninjured, 2HP

07 - Facsimile - Uninjured, 3HP

Alright! Make your saving throws, then @Nick is up with Arcana and I believe @Cubismo and @Zeitgeist Blue had plans on Ms. Thursday's initiative.

Dio's saves. Dio's first, against the Damage effect's Reflex DC25: 11. Well it's not a 1, but I'll take it. DC25 Reflex against the Snare: 6. That's more like it! Entangled. DC30 Toughness save: 17. Failed by 13, so that's Dazed and Staggered I believe?

Sun Dragon's Saves: DC25 Reflex vs Area Damage: 23. Aw. DC25 vs Snare: 12. Entangled. DC30 Toughness save: 19. Failed by 11, but have actual plans so will use an HP on a reroll here: 28. Sorry Gizmo!

Also, Gizmo, can Interpose take effect on Area effects if one of the people affected by them accepts?

Edited by Ari

EDIT: I had forgotten all about Pan having Evasion 2. Updating to reflect that. And realizing I'm not sure if you round up or down when you halve an effect.

Reflex Save for half: 1d20+10 = 20

Ow.

Oh well. Toughness Save: 1d20+5 = 14

Ow.

Actually, let's spend a HP to reroll that: 1d20+5 = 25

Got Evasion 2, so that beats the half damage, whether its 22 or 23.

Snare Reflex: 1d20+10 = 14

Got Evasion 2, so half effect on area despite failing the reflex save: So failed by 3 or 4, depending on how it is rounded.

Edited by RocketLord

As per Discord, Salvo doesn't need to save yet as she's indoors.

Then will be doing a Combined Attack with Ms. Thursday so here's Salvo's attack.

Move Action: Gonna fly to around the area where Micah is.

Standard Action: All-Out Attack + Power Attack (+5 DC / - 5 Defence)

Fusion Autocannons (Lethal): 1d20+5 = 24. Crit. Threat.

Hmm. If there's no problem with this level of disgusting, I'll be going all out then keep a lower profile after.

DC Save: Base 35 + Crit 5 + Autofire (1-3 depending on Krampus' Defence) + Extra Effort 2 = Toughness Save 43-45

I don't think a Combined Attack is possible now, @Cubismo, sorry.

Salvo's Defence is now -1. She has a -1 penalty on Attack. She is also Fatigued.

I'd suggest Collateral Damage and/or This Magic of Mine as Complications for this as Salvo pushes her armour too far, too fast + shuts down the failsafes. The effects could also apply to Salvo herself, like a backlash.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Alright, first our reflex save against the area attack:

Reflex Save vs. Area Effect, DC25: 1d20+9 24

So close!

I'm....not super keen on throwing a DC30 toughness save at her piddly little +7, and other folks are rolling okay (or rerolling for themselves with their own resources) so let's spend a Hero Point and reroll!

Reflex Save REROLL vs. Area Effect, DC25: 1d20+9 19

Rolled a 10; reroll rules put that at 20, for an effective save of 29. Thank goodness.

Evasion no-sells the attack.

Fine by me @Zeitgeist Blue. Salvo managed to give Goat Santa a quite a blast after all!  

Anyways, so much has happened while I was gone and things are looking rather grim! Let's see if Thursday can avoid the slaughter, eh?

Reflex Save vs the Area Effect: 21. Close!

Reflex Save vs Snare 15: 24. The gods continue to be cruel. Thursday is now Entangled and is therefore taking a –2 penalty to her Attack and Defense, and a –4 penalty to her Dex. Ick. 

Toughness Save vs Damage 15: 24. Yeah, I think I'm gonna burn a HP to try that again. 30. Much better! 

Will post soon.

Edited by Cubismo

Alright, that was a rough one so I'll give everyone 1HP for the setback!

GIANT KRAMPUS

Toughness Save vs Damage: 1d20+19 24 That said I'm also Fiating that for a reroll.

Toughness Save vs Damage, reroll: 1d20+19 35 DC 44, so another Bruise and Dazed!

@Zeitgeist Blue Double-check this but if I'm reading Salvo's sheet correctly the Distracting Flaw on her attack would but her Defense at +1 then her All-Out Attack would bring it down to -4, for 6 total. Her fatigue doesn't technically go into effect until the start of her next turn - when she'll have an opportunity to spend an HP to disregard it.

As for the Collateral Damage complication... I'm going to need a DC 29 Toughness Save from White Lioness, @Tiffany Korta. Have an HP, Zeit!

Dark Elves

@Cubismo Toughness Save vs Damage: 1d20+5 18 These are minions so unconscious!

@Nick Reflex Save vs General Area Effect: 6#1d20+5 25 18 25 19 20 17

Toughness Save vs Damage: 6#1d20+5 15 6 10 21 14 11 Demolished!

32 - White Lioness - Bruised x1, Dazed, 1HP

25 - Zenith - Bruised x1, Dazed, Entangled, 3HP

23 - Forever Boy - Bruised x1, Entangled, 1HP

23 - Masque - Uninjured, 5HP

14 - Thunderbird - Bruised x1, Dazed, Entangled, 3HP

14 - GIANT KRAMPUS - Bruised x2, Dazed

14 - Dark Elves

Uninjured x5 [Giant Krampus' back]

Uninjured x6 [Ground]

14 - Arcana, Bruised x1, 4HP

11 - Ms. Thursday - Uninjured, Entangled, 2HP

11 - Salvo - Uninjured, Defense 6, Extra Effort, 4HP

> 10 - Dio - Dazed, Entangled, Staggered

> 07 - Sun Dragon - Bruised x1, Entangled, 2HP

07 - Facsimile - Bruised x1, Entangled, Dazed, 4HP

@Ari You're up with Sun Dragon as well as Dio if you feel like spending an HP on the Daze. On the same note, ideally let me know ahead of time if you're planning to clear a Daze this round, folks.

25 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

@Zeitgeist Blue Double-check this but if I'm reading Salvo's sheet correctly the Distracting Flaw on her attack would but her Defense at +1 then her All-Out Attack would bring it down to -4, for 6 total. Her fatigue doesn't technically go into effect until the start of her next turn - when she'll have an opportunity to spend an HP to disregard it.

Sounds about righy. I forgot to take Distracting into account.

In light of the recent discussion in Chat, Sun Dragon and Dio's Vulnerabilities to Magic, Cold Damage respectively  mean Dio is knocked right out of the fight and SD fails the DC check by 9. Using an HP(1HP remaining) to remove the Daze and act. 

Extra Effort: STUNT(gain extra slot in his Array, with this power: Drain Defence 10(Extras: Linked(Drain Fortitude))[10PP] + Drain Fortitude 10(Extras: Linked(Drain Defence))[10PP] 'singularity bomb'.

Free Action: introduce tiny black hole to Facsimile.

Move Action: Fly himself over to Giant Krampus.

Standard Action: Assist in Combined Attack: 21. If that hits and is within 5 of Ex's move, will add +2 to the DC of his. 

Move action: Mimic tiny black hole to become gravity form!

Ranged version of Ari's drain power for (4pp a rank +accurate 1) rank 14 (56pp)

Standard action

Attack krampus with singularity beam and bomb

1d20+6=23 supermassive!

HP to surge a move action to mimic magic ice (large object form) to grow 32ft tall (fluffed as absorbing additional mass from. Surrounding magic ice.)

Spending remaining 20 points on

Immunity 10 (Ice/cold) 10pp

And +5 super strength (10 ranks total) [10pp] swapping superbreath for shockwave PF on SS too

Edited by Exaccus