TheAbsurdist

Falling Upwards

"HA! That was amazing!" Pan quickly joined in on the laugh, having skid to a halt with just a flicker of Pixie Dust trailing behind him. It really was amazing. One moment, they were high above the city, hurling towards it at amazing speed. He would have flown, but Corinne had warned him, and he wanted to see what she had planned. And he had not been disappointed.

Still on his feet, much like her, he could scarcily believe that they had reached the ground as quickly. And her laughter was infectious! He could not keep himself from joining her, could not stop himself from laughing, without a care for the people on the busy street around them.

The laughing died down, eventually, and she shook those that tumultuous, iridescent, and incandescent riot of hair, it fell around her shoulders as she was still in her deep violet dress.  Her breath coming out in puffs, as the night chilled.  Pan could feel the warmth of her due to her hand, and her proximity to him.  She did let go, and she leaned towards him, pressing her shoulder against him, laughing still in glee, as her hands rested against her thighs.

Eventually she managed to rein in her reaction, and slowly she straightened then.  "Mm, now... now nachos."  She stepped towards the door to the restaurant, and then and opened in, before her other hand produced a purse from seemingly nowhere.  "I like spicy, so if you can't hang, then you can have a separate plate."  She flashed a smile at him, as she held the door for him to step on inside.

Pan held his arm around Corinne's shoulder as she laughed, laughing with her. Oh, this was just brilliant. Sure, people around them might be staring, but so what? Let them! Who cared? 

"Yes, nachos! Let me get a taste of this fabled dish!" Pan agreed, letting her lead the way. He stopped in the door, staring at her with a serious expression. He could only keep that up for so long before his lips split into the grin that seemed to be his default. "Let us try spicy, then! And I will do my best to hang!" He moved on, into the restaurant, quickly gesturing for Corinne to lead the way. She was the one that knew about these things, after all! And spicy could mean many things, after all. He had once seen someone eat a very spicy pepper on a computer. A few other students had been laughing at the man's reaction, and Pan had joined them! Now, it would be interesting to see just how spicy these nachos would be!

Corinne sashayed up towards the counter, one hand holding up the big skirts so she could move freely to it,  "Largest Carne Asada nachos you have, with everything, with extra jalepeños, and your homemade hot suace."  She said, all batting the eyes, and smiles, despite the fact that she very much in her Zenith form and decidedly alien to a degree, what with the glowing eyes, otherworldly voice, her hair, and the scattering light that tended to follow her about, "And... six Jarritos, two tamarind, two piñas, and two lime.  And two horchatas."

She moved in front of the counter, twisting on the balls of her feet, as she kicked her hips out to a rhythm she was keenly aware.  Bopping, and shimmying along.  She pulled out the money, and flashed them a grin, "Thank you!  And keep the change."

The man behind the counter, in his orange polo shirt, and a NY Mets cap accepted the money from her, and the behavior of the glowing girl with a level gaze that could only be described as Freedom City fastfood worker.  And that likely he might see even weirder as the night wore on.  Though he acknowledged with a small smile the tip she left.  

Pan followed, and he had to marvel at all the names that Corinne rattled off, so many different dishes. Not just spicy nachos, like she had said. Or maybe it was all some kind of spicy nachos? Interesting! While they waited, he leaned against the counter, trying to get a look at the food being prepared. 

"That was a lot of different things. How can you even keep them all straight at once?" he asked, stretching a bit to try and get a look at the kitchen. "I hope it is alright that I pay you back another day. I am still not used to having to carry money around." 

"Most of that was drinks, I come from a land of tacquerias and restaurants with secret menus."  She grinned, as she sidled away from the counter, and waited.  It wasn't long before the tray was slide over and she moved to pick it up. "Or, she is, and I know."  It was a mountain of chips, cheese, guacamole, salsa, meat, beans, and jalepenos with six bottled sodas, and two styrofoam cups filled with the cinnamon flavored rice milk that was horchata.

"Besides, we fell out of the sky, might as well go big."  She laughed as she carried it over to a table and set it down before smoothly placing the tray on the surface.