Defenders of the Deep OOC

RocketLord

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initiative for the 10 squid: 1d20+5 = 12

Initiative for Squid Leader: 1d20+6 = 8

The gate is shutting behind you, and there is not a ton of place to move around in the room (especially not with a total of 11 squids in there). You can try and stop the gate if you want, but that will leave you open for the squid.

28 - Sgt. Shark - 2 HP - Undamaged

19- Asad - 3 HP - Undamaged

18 - Sea Devil - 2 HP - Undamaged

12 - Squid Minions x10 - Undamaged

8 - Squid Leader - Undamaged

@Supercape you're up

Jerk Squid Minions reflex saves: 10x1d20+623, 15, 21, 14, 8, 9, 26, 24, 16,

4 made it, rolling their toughness: 4x1d20+7 vs DC20 =  23, 24, 24, 20 All made it!

Rolling for the 6 that didn't make the reflex save: 6x1d20+7 vs DC25 = 19, 11, 13, 11, 20, 12 5 squids down!

Reflex for Squid Leader = 28 Made it.

Toughness roll for Squid leader, vs DC20 = 30

So, 5 out of 10 squid minions down in one hit, and @Avenger Assembled is up!

28 - Sgt. Shark - 1 HP - Undamaged

12 - Squid Jerk Minions x5 - Undamaged. 5x - KO

8 - Squid Jerk Leader - Bruise (x1)

Edited by RocketLord

Hey, think Aquaria could have an HP for the betrayal of her aquatic 'friends'? =D

In this close space, most of Aquaria's Area Damage effects won't help - as they are deliberately not Selective. 

So instead she leaps up onto the ceiling and becomes prone - since she has the Prone Fighting feat, this means characters using ranged attacks are at -4 to hit her. 

She then scuttles up to the squid leader and stabs down at him with her trident. 14

Ridiculous! 

(Unless you think the unexpected manuever rendered him flat-footed!) 

Anyway, here's a roll with HP. - 23

3 Squid minions shoot at Asad, 2 at Sea Devil

3 vs. Asad: 11 15 9 They all official suck at shooting!

2 vs. Sea Devil: 10 27

One of them didn't suck! Even with the -4, that's 23, so a hit on Sea Devil. Toughness DC23.

And Squid Jerk Leader is up close and nasty with Sergeant Shark. Time for Grapple attempt! 31

That's a hit, so opposed grapple from Squid Leader: 42

And the electric aura hits you for starting the grapple, so DC24 Toughness for Sgt. Shark.

28 - Sgt. Shark - 1 HP - Undamaged

8 - Squid Jerk Leader - Bruise (x2)

Squid Leader applies a Damage effect during his turn for winning the grapple, so a Tou DC27 for Sgt. Shark.

Oppposed Intimidate: 18, you succeed!

Opposed Grapple, -2 from Demoralized: 29! You're free!

I'm not entirely sure, but I *think* the Aura won't apply again quite yet, at least unless you're making an attack. If I'm wrong, Tou 23.

@TheAbsurdist you're up

28 - Sgt. Shark - 1 HP - Bruise (x1)

8 - Squid Jerk Leader - Bruise (x2)

Yeah, its a good point and as you say not entirely clear. ts a fuzzy area as far as I can see (for things like grapples. Its easier with straight punches). 

One thing I am not quite clear on is how the squid leader got a damage effect in? If he spent previous round grappling (standard action) then he couldnt initiate damage until following round?

Sorry to be rules-lawyer. 

From house rules:

Since maintaining the grapple is a Free Action, you can take a Standard Action to inflict an attack upon a grappled target on subsequent rounds after the grapple has been established (or on the same round, if you Surge for another Standard Action). There is no need for an attack roll (and thus, no chance to score a critical hit or use tradeoff feats); the grappled foe must simply roll a saving throw against your attack.

Im probably missing something so let me know if I am! :)

No worries at all, could just as well be me misunderstanding the rules, or missing house rules on it. From the top left column of page 157 in the rulebook:

To start a grapple, you first need to grab and hold your target. Make a melee attack to grab the target. If you don’t hit the target, you fail to start the grapple. Once you hit, you have grabbed your opponent, make an opposed grapple check. If you lose, the target is not grappled. If you succeed, you can apply one of the following effects

Since he succeeded after the hit, I figured he'd be able to apply an effect! If I'm wrong or misunderstood that part, ignore the TOU roll.

EDIT: Discussed with Cape, figured out. House rules has going straight for Pin instead of making a choice, so no TOU roll needed!

Edited by RocketLord