Steps echo through an empty hall...

cosmicarus

...a lone figure fumbles nervously with a small fedora he holds in front of himself. He's looking up at the large banners that hang from the tall ceiling, themselves adorned with proud stylisations of Freedom Citys finest on the north wall, and most devious on the south. Some he doesn't recognise; these he regards with curiosity. Others however, he knows well, and these draw warm smiles. He hears a sound and starts, turning quickly to the door behind him - no one there - but a steady ambiance has begun to emanate from the hall beyond. He sighs mentally, but physically holds his breath. I guess this is it. He gives one last look upward, at a particular banner that produces a particular smile, and then walks toward the door.

Moments later the door to the hall opens and the small, brunette guy called Cosmicarus steps into a large, brightly lit room. Here the icons he'd looked at in the room before were made flesh. They stood together, chatting and laughing. Villains joked with heroes, eating from trays served them by alien visitors who were friends with robotic despots. Some dressed in bright, angular costumes, others were as casual at Cos was himself. Still, he felt underdressed all of a sudden. He isn't sure who notices him first, but after a few seconds, the voices in the room have died down and more than a few eyes look in the direction of the interloper among them, "Ah, hello." Cos tries to clear a suddenly very dry throat while hearing a few whispers along the lines of "Who is he?" He looks down at his hat, before looking up again at the assembly, "My name is Cosmicarus. Some of you won't know me, but others, well, I remember at least..." he nods to a familiar face, smiling uneasily, "I used to hang around here, quite a bit, but..." he wrings the hat in his hands, "...well, stuff. Moving, working, changing jobs, more working, break-ups, re-moving..." Cos sighs, now audibly, "...and also, just being too... me." He scolds himself - not the time for self deprecation. "I'm sorry. I hope to come back, to help. Again. I..." Cos scratches the back of his neck, "...I miss you guys."

*Cos smiles, greeting each warmly in turn. Internally he's doing his best to stifle a rising feeling of relief, should it be taken from him*

Hey, thanks guys. Good to see you both again. I was worried I was being a little overly dramatic; but if you can't RP a sincere apology on an RP forum, where can you?

Hey, thanks guys. Good to see you both again. I was worried I was being a little overly dramatic; but if you can't RP a sincere apology on an RP forum, where can you?

Being overdramatic has it's time and place, and this is both of those.

Welcome back, Cos! Very happy to see you.

(P.S. Look for a PM from me!)