Monorail Madness

Supercape

Gauss' eye flared with light as she focused her power on the trio of arms as the "Triborg" attempted to zoom away and he did get a few extra yards before his magnetic field was suddenly disrupted by her pulling on his prosthetic arm.  Thankfully, before the strongman and his captive could fall to the ground she held tight to his arm and lifted them away from the monorail line.  "Now, what seems to be the problem here gentlemen?" she asked, her tone leaving no ambiguity in how much her mood had soured from the first time she had spoken to them on the monorail a few short moments before.

GM

"You are the problem!" said an increasingly desperate Triborg. 

He spun one of his surprisingly flexible cybernetic right arms at Gauss and fired a blast of yellow energy straight over her head. Perhaps he had been firing a warning shot. But it was close, even at range...

"Let me go! I know this seems bad...but I have a friend to rescue!" he pleaded with Gauss. "And I don't have time to explain in detail. This man is from the Foundry...!" he shouted. 

"Any moment now they will be trying to rescue him. And they are going to be a LOT worse than me!"

Gauss did not so much as flinch as the energy blast shot over her head and off into the distance.  "Do that again and I'll break it off," she said calmly.

Taking a deep breath she mentally focused on the world around her, sensing the various magnetically reactive metals around her and finding none from the supposed Foundry minion.  "Tell you what, we're going to have a quick chat with the cops and you can tell us who is being held and where.  I'll go look into it from there, deal," the teen said, her tone making it clear this was not up for debate.

GM

"The cops? Man, you really playing it stiff, ain't ya?" replied the Triborg. "By the book. By the numbers. Well, I tell you what, that ain't always the way to deal the hand" he added, defiantly. 

"Puh-puh please! help!" whimpered the man in one of those three cybernetic arms. 

"You got your help..." answered the Triborg, angrily, pointing with yet another of his arms at the sky above. 

And from above, there were two robots descending from the skies on jets, still high above. They were somewhat clunky but shiny, man sized, and man shaped. And even at this distance, Gauss could see their arms were designed more for the attached blaster cannons than for delicate hand work...

"There's also at least one person on that monorail who has injuries from your little altercation in the middle of a crowd, lots of public property damage, and an apparent kidnapping.  At the very least, cops are getting an interview with you."

Watching the pair of robots descend towards the trio hanging in mid-air Gauss had to make the choice to fend them off or let Triborg go and possibly run again.  Seeing the blasters already charging she set the pair gently down on the track.  "Don't make me chase you," she said before the light from her eye flared again and a ball-bearing was mentally flung at the nearest oncoming opponent, slamming it squarely in the midsection.

Edited by Azuth65

GM

The ball bearings flew at unbeleivable speed right into the chest of the nearest Foundry Robot. There was a brief spark, and Gauss could see a gouged dent, like a dark scar, across its chest. Unfortunately, this seemed to be wear its armour was toughest, and bar a little spasm in one of its arms, it seemed unhurt. 

"RETRIEVE TARGET PROTOCOL" they squarked in most unpleasant tinny voices - made more unpleasant by being just slightly out of synch with each other. Whatever other technological capabilities the robots had, they obviously did not included brains or artificial intelligent. They were simply operating a very simple set of pre programmed parameters. 

And that meant disabling Triborg. They zoomed close, and fired their blaster cannons - somewhat erratically, and inaccurately as it happened!

"Sorry, cape!" called out Triborg. "I'm not here to fight. We need this scientist...." he explained, pointing at the man in his grip. "And if running works, I'm running!"

And with that he zoomed off down the track. He was fast, sure, but he had to follow the bend of the track...

• 1 month later...

As Tri-borg skated away on the monorail line, Gauss gritted her teeth, looking back at the new combatants before growling, "I don't have time for you flying piles of scrap!" before letting her eyes go cross as she focused on the magnetic field in the area the robots occupied.  With a flare of her left eye and a gesture of her hand she attempted to scramble the electronics relaying commands to the machine's blasters and their thrusters.  If she was lucky, one shot would take them out of the fight and she could get back to dealing with the former carny.

GM

They were not scrap, but they were flying. 

That situation soon reversed. 

As the magnetic field whipped through the air, the two Foundry Robots spluttered and jerked, and their jets went cold. They had nothing to keep them in the air, so down, down, down they fell, and hit the streets below. Hard. 

Now they were not flying, and they were scrap. 

Triborg kept sailing away, his captive in one of his three mechanical arms, zipping along the monorail with a significant headstart...

Barely glancing at the fallen scrap piles, only pausing to make sure nobody on the streets below was struck by the pair, Gauss flew off after the pair.  While Triborg had a considerable head start, the magnetokinetic flared her power again, pulling firmly on the robotic limb to slow her quarry but not so strongly she risked breaking or amputating it from the former strongman.

Cape billowing behind her, she still was unsure of how best to handle the situation when she finally did catch up to the pair but she figured she could cross that bridge when she got to it.t

GM

Triborg flowed to a stop, his own magnetic powers grinding and screeching. He wobbled and spun, and managed to crawl two dozen yards further along the monorail, but then came to a stop. 

All he could do was plant his two feet on the rail itself and hope no train was a 'comin!

So impaired, Gauss could easily catch up with him. 

"This man is a Foundry scientist!" he yelled at Gauss. "He's a crook, he's a villain! And I need him!"