Wall the Build

Of course Blowfish tried to talk his way out of things. That had to be his first option, but Robin was not about to let up just because of that.

"Come on, Blowfish! No reason to pucker your cheeks just because someone starts talking in public about you, is there now?" Jackson was there, the camera was on Justice and Blowfish. Perfect. To be honest, Robin was not sure how she was still putting on this show. It was her first big, public super hero display, and she had to get it right. "I mean, look at this place. Shoddy plans, bad materials. It could probably fall apart if it got hit with a stiff breeze, right? But I guess you get what you pay for, right? Especially when your work force is illegal workers that Blowfish here smuggled over the border and then brought here to build the place! Sounds good, right? A place to live, they just gotta build it!" Pause for a dramatic effect. "Only problem is when they get paid so little that they simple have to take a second job for Blowfish, where he pretty much force them into being criminals." She looked over at the Wall and his people. "Isn't that right, guys?"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

On cue, Blowfish started up his tic. His cronies took a step back on reflex. When Blowfish blew, somebody was going to get hurt. Badly hurt. Over several days. Probably involving a blunt spoon. 

"Pfhhh....pfhhhh....now what right have you....pfhhhh.....pfhhh...." he blustered, but was unable to keep his cool. Veins on his forehead throbbed. When Justice started to mention him puckering his cheek he almost exploded. 

"Pfhhh....pfhhhh you little guttersnipe....pfhhh....pfhhhh....these scum Mexican's work for me now!!! pffh pffh!" 

As his tic span out of control, so did his anger. Snapping, he clenched his fists and threw a punch right at Justice!

And right on cue, Blowfish came at Robin. Still, even as he shouted and cursed, his cheeks puckering in and out. To be blunt, it really looked ridiculous, and Robin kidn of understood why he didn't like having it pointed out. Still... in love and war, and all that, and this was most definitely war.

He was fast, even as Robin was ready for him. He had training, probably more than Robin did. She might have to do something about that, but right now, she was just thankful for the work she had put into the suit. Blowfish's blow hit her straight in the guts, but... the suit took the blow. Robin couldn't keep a grin from her lips under the mask.

"Not really helping your case here, Blowfish, so thanks for that! Now pucker up, buddy!" Power on, engines whirring, Robin swung her right leg at Blowfish's side. Even if she didn't hit, it would hopefully be enough to put some distance between them. Give her a moment to continue addressing the crowd and the camera. "You gotta wonder, how could Blowfish get permission for something like this, right guys? Nothing a little bribes can't handle, right! Gotta grease the wheels. I guess its cheaper to bribe James Johns than to build a proper place for people seeking help."

GM

Blowfish was spitting venom, his tic out of control, his composure blown to the winds. But despite his flabby build, he was a tough guy. His broken nose was testament to a youth boxing, and his spinal cord maintained its autonomy over his body. His guard was up and he swayed away. 

"Calm down, Boss, you are on Camera!" said one of his cronies, gently. 

"Burn that Camera! And anyone who gets in my way!" snapped back Blowfish. He slapped the minion hard across the face. "Hear that? Anyone gets in my way gets burned!"

Jack Jackson was not a brave man but this was too good to miss. His camera was pinned straight on Blowfish. 

And now the next piece of chaos fell into place. The Wall was going off plan. Hearing the vile tuants of Blowfish, he turned towards him and started plowing through the police and protestors, smacking his fists together. Nobody was even half strong enough to stop him, either...

Well, Blowfish was going out control here, so that was probably good in the long run, right? Robin made sure to duck out of his reach before he tried another punch. Her suit might have blocked the first one, but there was no telling how hard he would start hitting if he kept this up with his temper. Still, keep it up. Don't let him get calm. All of this getting caught on tape was going only going to help them.

And then the Wall started charging through the crowds. Like, through the police and protesters. Now, Blowfish had thrown the first punch, but so far, it was only threats.

"WALL!" She called out to him. Maybe she could get his attention? "Stop! Stick to the plan! I got this guy. Stay with your guys, keep them safe in case Blowfish's people try anything!" Whatever else the Wall was, he had seemed protective of the men working with him, hopefully Robin could play to that.

GM

The Wall paused, and Jack Jackson pointed the camera man to this moment of tension. 

Even the police, protestors and immigrants fell silent, looking at the giant Mexican with his mask on. 

The Wall looked around. He gave Justice a look. A brief moment of uncertainty, until he came to resolution. He had a twinge of regret amongst that determination.

"This was always the plan"

He surged forward a couple of feet, knocking protestors of their feet violently. He stopped, at looked at Justice. 

"Sorry"

That was it. He was a man of few words. He talked with his fists. And he wanted to do some talking. 

With that, he started running towards Blowfish who, for once, look startled. 

"Hey hey buddy. It's ok! Whatever you want! We can make a deal!!!"

But the Wall was firm.

And Blowfish saw it. 

"Gun him down!!!!" he barked to his bodyguards.

Oh come on! 

The Wall was doublecrossing her, going straight for Blowfish. His intent was pretty clear, but Robin couldn't let him do that. He would kill Blowfish on open camera if given the chance, and Robin was not about to let that happen. Even if he didn't manage to go quite that far, the Wall could probably seriously hurt Blowfish, and that would just make the entire plan backfire. Robin could not let him do that.

And then Blowfish shouted for his men to gun the Wall down. Yeah, no. Nobody dies. Not if Robin could help it. First point? Get between the Wall and Blowfish. Second? Stop those guys from shooting.

So, grabbing the Justice Buster from the holster at her side, she threw herself in between the Wall and Blowfish, giving him a quick glance. "Do not do this! Think about what will happen to your people if you carry on with this! It'll be a massacre!" She could only hope that the Wall would listen.

Then she raised her gun towards the bodyguards at them. "HEY! You ever find the two guys you sent into the backalley yesterday? I took both of them out without breaking a sweat! Do you really want to mess with me!?"

GM

The Wall did at least pause. As did the entire congretation. 

Jackson was entranced. This was drama beyond his wildest hopes. 

"This is Justice" said the Wall. "Blowfish ain't gonna stop. And right now, I can reach out and crush his skull like a watermelon" said the Wall, grinning at the thought. 

"You can try! I...pfff....pffff...pffff...gonna like the Spanish Inquisition on you, Mexican!" shouted Blowfish, putting up his fists almost reflexively, incadescent with fury, his cool quite lost. It didn't look like a fair fight though; Blowfish was an ex boxer, but compared to the thirty stone of the Wall, most of it apparently muscle, he would quite easily get his head squashed like a watermelon. 

"Get out the way, or I'll have to go through you" said the Wall. "And I don't want to go through you..."

"Get out the way, or Ill shoot the both of you..." said Blowfish, picking up a tommy Gun from one of his bodyguards, intent on doing the deed himself. 

"NOBODY dies! Not if I can help it!"

It was not the same tone she had talked to the Wall or even Blowfish until now. This was not a request, not a questioning line that they might agree to or not. This was something much more forceful. This was a command

Robin had put on a brave front until now, she had tried to do this right, but this? Now the were pushing her too much. Robin might have changed a lot since she first put on this mask and suit. She had never imagined talking things out with someone like Finnigan, getting stabbed in the back like he had did, or going somewhere like this. Was this what it was like for real life super heroes? Constantly getting caught up in between shades of grey, no way out in either way? Damned if you do, shot if you don't? Quick math, Blowfish had a gun. A stray shot, and people in the crowd would be hit. Could Robin stop that? Was she good enough for that?

She was still thinking of herself as Robin. Maybe it was time to do what she had been saying for a while. Take a decisive action. No more second guessing. Time to be Justice.

Her gun shifted, pointing straight towards Blowfish. A slightly oversized weapon. Clearly not shooting bullets. And she took the shot, a burst of kinetic energy flying forward. Not aimed at Blowfish's body or face, but at his hands, and the weapon held it in.

Edited by RocketLord

GM

The Justice beam, connected with the Tommy Gun and there was a squarking sound of bent metal. Blowfish was so furious, his tic so completely out of control, that he pulled the trigger anyway. 

Click click clickity click... the Gun clicked away endlessly, its mechanism completely jammed. Blowfish hardly knew it, for his mind was still entirely imagining the hail of bullets firing out of his Tommy Gun and he simply wasn't  registering reality. 

"Move"

The Wall was behind Justice now. He did her the courtesy of asking her to move. 

"Blowfish made a fool of himself. Everyone knows it. Now, I gotta make sure he don't bounce back...make sure he pays...." explained the giant Mexican. 

Blowfish seemed like he had lost it. Mindless pulling the trigger, even as his gun was broken. And the Wall was literally breathing down her neck, telling her to move. He was right, Blowfish had made a fool of himself, their plan had worked. Caught on camera going nuts, trying to shoot a gun at a crowd of people, and then there were all Robin's accusations. Track covered or not, Blowfish would be investigated now, if not by the police, then by Jack Jackson and the others like him. A sensation in the making, a corruption scandal that went all the way to city hall with Johns. She had more to say, about Johns and his sudden fortune, how he had spent it hurting women, like Amber had said, but this was not the moment.

"No." She did not turn to face the Wall, not fully.. Justice's eyes were squarely on Blowfish right now. He might not have his gun, but he was still standing, and he was still dangerous. "I don't care what kind of bad ass you think you are, I am not letting you self destruct and take all the other people that Blowfish tricked into coming here with you. If you kill him, you can be sure that this entire thing gets swept under the rug, and the only thing that anyone will care about is what you and all the other so-called dangerous immigrants did. Is that what you call justice?"

There was a quick solution to the problem, at least. Take out Blowfish. Sure, it might backfire. The Wall might take it as an easy hit, but that way, she would only have to deal with somebody on one side, at least. "And would you quit trying to shoot everyone with that thing?" Attention back at Blowfish, Justice booted up the engines in her boot once more. A bit less throttle than last time, should make it easier to aim, even if the power output would be lower. Then she kicked at Blowfish's face. If not taking him out, it could hopefully bring him down.

GM

Blowfish went flying towards the Sunny Sunshine building, and ended up flying through a sheet of plate glass which tinkled and shattered as his considerable weight flew through it. 

He lay in the reception, covered in broken glass, struggling to get up. 

"Ge...pfff...ge...pfff...get her, boys!" he snarled to his henchmen. 

They weren't so keen, but neither could they refuse Blowfish. Instead, four of his heavies retrreated into the building, holding up their pistols, and backing off. 

"You...you want us to shoot her? In front of the Camera's?" inquired one, who was trying to help Blowfish up. 

"Pff...pfff...Self-defence boys....you saw what she did...." puffed Blowfish, cut and bruised to say the least. But somehow, the pain was clearing his head, his tic subsiding. 

"SELF-DEFENCE!" he roared at the camera's. "Get me inside..." he hissed at his henchmen, who started dragging him into the interior of the Sunny Sunshine building. 

"Poetry" grunted the Wall. He looked at Justice. "Blood for blood. Thats Justice. You think the Law is going to protect illegal immigrants who cant scrape a coupla dimes together? Might slow him down, but thats all" he explained. "He only stops when he stops breathing"

So determined, the Wall marched into the building, following Blowfish...

"No, it is not." Justice shot after the Wall as he marched into the building after Blowfish. Her statement was meant both at the Wall's statement about blood for blood being justice, and Blowfish's self-defense declaration. 

Great. Just great. Nothing was ever simple, was it? The Wall was completely off-script, and if he kept this up, then she would have to take him down too. She didn't want to do that, not if she could help it, but if he kept this up, then she probably wouldn't have a choice. If she could, that was. The guy really was built like a Wall.

She should follow them. Had to make sure they didn't kill each other, and make sure this went down the right way, but she had to do something first. Justice turned to the cameras, looking straight at them, and by extension Jackson. "Look into Johns. See how he suddenly got a ton of cash to spend, and where he spends it, and who he hurts when he spends it. Should be some great tv, right?" She would have winked, but they couldn't see it behind the mask, and instead she turned and ran into the building, following after Blowfish, his goons and the Wall, the Justice Buster ready in her hands.

GM

Running after such a scene would be quite foolish. 

Jackson grabbed the camera of his reluctant cameraman, and followed. He could hardly miss this! Super-Vision would surely give him a promotion!

As Justice followed the Wall and Blowfish, she heard the rumblings of malcontent by the protesters and the immigrants. Had they all been played by Blowfish? It was hardly definitive, but the seeds of suspicion had been sown. And watered. 

Inside the half- built building the Wall, all seven feet of him, was lumbering up the stairs. He wasn't fast, but he wasn't slow either. He was certainly more agile than he had any right to be. Blowfish had been dragged upstairs by his goons, but they were certainly slower. It was only a matter of time before the Wall reached them...

Blowfish and his goons had the headstart, but Robin was faster. And also faster than the Wall, it seemed, as he lumbered up the stairs. Hopefully faster than Jackson too. She had spotted him following, but he was carrying the camera at the same time, so it might slow him down. Still, the length of his legs alone would make him move faster than a good deal of people. He was, after all, a Wall.

Robin tried calling out again. She had to be able to do something to stop him, short of shooting him with the Justice Buster. "C'mon Wall, cut it out! Help me take them down, sure, but you can't go around killing people! You were supposed to be better than that! You said you were forced into being a criminal, right? Help me bring him down, I'm sure that'll make it easier to stay here, right? Don't make me stop you with force!"

Just, y'know, not killing people. That really would help. For a brief moment Robin thought about trying get in contact with Kidd, but the way he had talked about shooting Blowfish, that would probably just make this threeway fight into a fourway fight. Not really what she needed right now.

GM

But, Alas, what you get is not always what you need. 

"Captain Kidd to save the day!" came the call from the rear. And the astute of hearing might have heard the clock of a shotgun being primed. 

It was a race up the stairs. At the top, Blowfish and his four bodyguards, huffing and puffing. 

Bang! Bang-Bang!

Now the body guards were shooting. Captain Kidd could surely tell they were small arms from their sounds. Justice could tell they weren't really aiming...yet. Just trying to deter the Wall - and possibly Justice - from following. 

Next came the Wall and Justice, jostling for second place. The Wall was stronger and fitter, possessed of enormous energy, but he was not faster. He was reluctant to harm Justice, but it seemed that he was determined to finish Blowfish. And his determination overcame his reluctance. He was blocking Justice with his enormous frame as he heaved himself up the stairs. 

"Get away!" he said. And several other terms in Spanish and English of expletive nature. 

Captain Kidd brought up the rear, who was in fair shape but no match for the Wall or Justice. He was, however, armed. 

And lastly, one must not forget Jack Jackson who oscillated between cowardice and hunger, trying to catch as much of the chase on film as he could! Captain Kidd was most keen to get as much film time as possible, so he could be a hero...and this itself slowed him down. 

Aw, c'mon. Now Kidd decided to show up! And he was going to do this the only way he really knew how, from the sound of it.

So, what now? The Wall wasn't about to let Justice get by him, not if he could help it. Blowfish's goons were shooting at them, just shooting blindly from the looks of it. Still, it was dangerous enough. One stray bullet, and then someone in here could be seriously hurt, and there were a lot of people on these stairs now. So, how would she get by without directly shooting him? Honestly, she had no idea!

Robin was not a fan of fighting in quarters this cramped. Especially when moving up the stairs! This was just asking for a someone to fall down. "C'mon Wall! Quit this! We gotta work together here! Just stick to the plan!" 

It would probably fall on deaf ears, so, she looked around. What could she do? Was there anything that she could use, without having to attack the Wall from behind? Maybe move over him or under him somehow?

GM

"Your plan, or mine?" answered the Wall, gruffly. 

He lost his temper, and raised his fist to Justice. 

"I'll stick to mine. You done us good, I'll give you that. But now its time for you to get out of my face. You ain't from round here. You don't know how its done. Blowfish is a slaver, is a killer. And no American Justice gonna do us right. There ain't no plan but my plan..."

"You get in my way again, I'll smash your face" he said, before turning to climb up the stairs after the bullets. 

"You can't trust no Mexicans!" called out Kidd, huffing and puffing as he ran up the stairs below. Those cigars weren't doing his lungs any favours. 

"Goes for you, too Kidd" shouted back the Wall. "You might be bulletproof, but That don't mean my fists won't work..."

Kidd, normally so confident, did seemed to pause at the thought. 

"Well my good pal Justice will take care of you whilst I take care of Blowfish!" he called back. 

Really?

"Really!?" Justice's words echoed her thoughts. The Wall was not going to play ball, and even if Kidd was grandstanding, he was at least on her side right now. So, he wanted to smash her face? Then he would need to catch her first. 

But fine, if that was how he wanted to do it, then that was how they were going to do this. No more trying to win him over. Robin was just done. She had to stop Blowfish, and she couldn't waste time fighting the Wall too. She would have to get by him, somehow. Thankfully, she did use to do a lot of gymnatics, and free running. So, time to get around the Wall, by using the wall, and probably the Wall too.

Moving up, Robin jumped, pushing off against the wall, trying to use the momentum to pull herself over the Wall, to try and get ahead of him. If she succeeded in that, and it was necessary, she would continue to push off the Wall, hopefully slowing him down a bit and sending her in front of him.

GM

The Wall was big and strong, and despite his size, he was fit too. But he wasn't fast of body or mind. He only realised what Justice had done after she had landed. 

He wasn't best pleased with being outwitted. Not best pleased at all. In fact, it enraged him. And more angry, and steam would have piped out of his ears.

He cursed in Spanish. He was a rather proficient curser, as it happened. Aside from the profanities, he mentioned something about two pencils and a banana which is best left to the imagination. Or, to be more precise, best not even imagined. 

The chase continued, but not much longer. A few more rounds were fired from the top of the staircase, again, unaimed. They did not deter anyone. Now, Justice was just ahead of the Wall, a floor down. Kidd and Jackson the floor below.

Oh, the Wall did not like that, but Justice was swift! The Wall might be big, and he might be pissed off now, but she was faster and she would have to use that advantage. 

So, move. Put as much distance in between herself and the Wall as she could. A few more bullets were fired. Robin kind of wished she had counted, just to have a guess at how many shots Blowfish's goons had left, but then again, she had never really learned how, and she had no idea how many bullets those guns held anyway! So, onward and upwards, Justice Buster in hand.

For a brief moment, Robin wondered whether she should fire on the Wall, try and stop him before he caught up with her, or at least slow him down enough that Kidd could catch up with him, but no. That wasn't who she was. Despite the Wall turning on them, and whatever he was cursing at them, she was not going to do that.

GM

Justice reached the top of the stairs, having gained a dozen feet advantage on the Wall, who bounded up behind her. Below, Kidd and Jackson both reached the floor beneath, and both were out of breath. 

Bam! Bam! Bam!

Two of Blowfishges' goons had taken cover in the top floor. Here, it was dust and concrete, and crates. Holes were in the wall, doorways were without doors, and electric lightning and water pipes were half finished. It looked like one could fall through the floor or even out of the building at several points. 

Behind two such crates, the goons were firing at Justice, whilst (presumably) Blowfish and his other two bodyguards were pressing on. But to where?

Bullets flying everywhere, the Wall behind her, and Kidd just a bit further behind... This was a fine mess alright. Still, Justice powered through, even as the bullets flew all around her. She was not going to let this stop her. This was the reason she became a hero, right? Take down the bad guys, save the people that need it. Even with the whole confusion on who to trust here, she was at least clear about one thing. Blowfish and his goons were bad guys, and she was going to stop them. 

Power to the legs, engines roaring, she ran straight up to the thug closest to her. Or more accurately, the crate in front of him, kicking at it with all the power she could muster to send it crashing at him, hopefully taking him down with it.

GM

The crate flew through the air and collided with one of the goons behind it. It splintered and cracked, but certainly came off far better from the meeting than the bodyguard did. He slid to the floor, unconscious, his pistol falling from his hands. 

Behind her, and parallel, the Wall charged. It was like a thirty stone man charing with the speed of a sprinter. He literally smashed through the crate that the other body guard was using, and got hold of the bodyguard, carrying him another dozen feet before slamming him painfully into one of the concrete half finished walls. Even that concrete wall cracked from the force. The bodyguard was knocked out. Possibly worse.

"Nice work, folks!" yelled Kidd as, shotgun in hand, he charged forward past the both of them, after Blowfish and the last two bodyguards. 

"ACTION!" yelled Jackson, coming in from the rear. 

Alright, it worked!

And then Robin's excitement died out a bit as she had the crunch and crack of the other goon being thrown into a wall by the Wall. It would have been funny, if he had not been working himself into a semi-murderous rage. For a short moment, Robin pondered whether to take a shot at him, try and stop him here and now, but he hadn't made any moves towards her yet, only threats. She couldn't do that. It just seemed wrong.

And then Kidd came rushing past them, charging straight after Blowfish and the rest of his goons. And Jackson behind them, getting everything he could on the camera he was carrying. Well, it was Robin's own idea to use Jackson here...

"Wait up!" Kidd might be a gloryhound, and a bit of an ass to be honest, but Robin was not going to let him get hurt. Instead, she set into a sprint, doing her best to avoid any unstable steps on the floor as she did her best to catch up with both Kidd and Blowfish, hopefully leaving the Wall behind.