Wall the Build

Kidd. 

Of course it was Kidd. 

The bodyguard was hurt and bleeding. He was a bad guy, working for Blowfish, but still, there was no reason for anything like that. If only the Wall hadn't stomped all over the plan trying to get at Blowfish, if only Kidd had actually been trustworthy, if only Robin had actually thought this all through. If, if, if... Was she really that bad at all this? Every plan she had made here was starting to blow up in her face. She couldn't let that guy die, even he was a bad guy. And Kidd was proving to be just as bad, the way he was threatening Jackson now. 

What was she going to do? He was waving his shotgun around like it was a toy. She had to do something. Take the shot? That bodyguard had completely missed him even up close. No, talk it through. Get a moment to think. And the Wall was coming up behind her, maybe use him, somehow...

"Kidd! Drop the gun or I drop you! RIGHT NOW!" There was some panic in her voice. Nobody dies. She had to stick to that. Nobody dies.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

Kidd spun the shotgun to Justice. 

"Drop this?" he smiled, showing his white teeth that shone through his stubbly beard. 

"Jackson, you little turd, what do you think?" he said, keeping his eyes and gun on Justice. 

"I...er....I think I'm in over my head..." gasped Jackson. He looked ready to flee, and he was the only thing stopping Kidd exacting his own special brand of policing. The Wall, coming up below, was more than happy to crush Blowfish whoever was watching. Arguably, the Wall actually wanted the audience. 

"Ill pay! Whatever you want!" gasped Blowfish, beginning to panic.

"Now your talking!" said Kidd, taking his gun of Justice. "Attempting to bribe a Police Officer. And on camera too. Now you know I couldn't possibly take a bribe. What kind of fool officer would take a bribe on camera?" he said, giving Blowfish a knowing look. 

The Wall was less than seconds away now...

Edited by Supercape

The Wall was coming in from behind. She could hear him. Ball or just a guy, he was big, and he was loud. He wasn't about to sneak up on her. Robin had to get ready, had to time this just right. If he got too close, he'd get his hands on her. Too far way, she'd miss. And Kidd was big trouble. 

"Jackson. Do not give Kidd any excuse. Just keep filming. He's going down just as hard as Blowfish and the Wall if he tries anything."

She was in over her head, Robin knew that. The Wall coming in from behind, Kidd standing in front of her. Blowfish about ready to give up, at least. The Wall was coming in fast. The seconds felt like hours. She couldn't take her eyes off Kidd for too long. And man, did she ever need to figure out what cops to trust. Needed to find someone she could trust, for once. So far, everyone she had teamed up with for just a moment had turned on her.

The Wall was coming up behind her.

Engines on. Full power.

Spinning around the moment he was close enough, Justice raised swung her right leg straight towards the side of the Wall's face. He was tough. No holding back. If he went down, she would spin around into a standing position, gun aimed at Kidd once more. If not, quickly back away from him, making sure to keep an eye on both him and Kidd still.

GM

"Keep filming? Oh...right! Keep filming, OF COURSE!" mumbled Jackson, coming to his senses. He was probably in danger if he continued filming. He was probably in danger if he kept filming. So that was equal. Might as make the most of it!

"JACKSON IS THE HERO OF THE HOUR! NAY...THE DAY!" he said boldly. 

"NAY.,..THE DECA..." he continued, building momentum before Kidd gave him a look. 

"Shut"

"Up"

And Jackson shut up. But kept filming. 

The Wall took a step back as the Justice Kick hit him. But he gritted his teeth and swayed back, throwing a lazy but powerful hook at Justice. Strong it was, but he was off balance and tired, and Justice was neither of those things...

How was the Wall even standing after another hit like that? Just what was the guy made of? At least Jackson was still filming. Sure, he'd be in danger from Kidd, but she was pretty sure that Kidd didn't want to risk being spotted actually hurting Jackson on television. That was bound to be bad for whatever glory he wanted to grab from this little failure of a mission.

Robin could at least duck under the Wall's punch. The engines still going at full power, and she was up close already, so no reason to try for shooting him. Another kick, aimed at his legs. Maybe get him to fall, then take him out?

GM

The Wall stumbled back out of the kick. More by luck than judgement, he fell into a half constructed wall that bent buckled and shattered under his weight. He grunted this time. More than gritted teeth. He grunted. The fight was taking its toll on even his extraordinary physical power. 

But he didn't stop. He got up, spraying masonry dust around him. His face was covered in the dust. He couldn't see for a moment, but that didn't stop him reaching out. Fast. Faster than a man of his size should be, but at least Justice could be assured that whilst the Wall had superhuman strength, he was not superhumanly fast either. He knew how to fight, but was no expert. Coughing and blowing away the last dust, he had missed his target. 

Up close, Justice could see his sweat. She could almost feel his burning lungs. He had climbed those stairs not once, nor twice, but three times now. He was tired. 

C'mon, just a bit more. Just get a hit in, just hit the right spot and let the Wall finally go down. The way he came running at her, Robin would probably have panicked if this had been just a month ago. Sweat dripping off him, his breath labored. He was getting tired, whether he could turn into a ball or not. He was absolutely covered in dust now, and that just had to piss him off even more. 

The engines were starting to get hot on her legs, but she had to keep going. And remember to put in something that could protect against that. It didn't hurt or anything, Robin doubted it would cause her any kind of damage, but it wouldn't be great in the long run. Not that she had expected to hav the engines running for more than quick kicks, but it seemed that wouldn't be enough.

"Why don't you just fall down already!?" she shouted, aiming another powered kick straight at the Wall's chest. The moment it connected, she followed up, pushing off the ground with her other foot and delivered a kick to the side of the Wall's face, before landing on both feet again. 

He was still standing. Just what would it take to stop him?

GM

This time the Wall fell to one knee, head bowed. He wheezed, and he let out a scream that he only half choked. He was hurt, and he showed it. 

"What happens when a Wall falls?" he said, bitterly, on his knees. "The people are left undefended. Why do you think I keep going? Because I have too...."

He got to his feet, slowly, laboured. 

"I can't stop. Even if I can't beat you. I can't stop. You are going to have to stop me. Like I'm going to stop the Wall. Don't you get it? Some people won't stop. Not ever. They get stopped, or they keep going. Like me. Like Blowfish. Like you...."

"What are you waiting for? Finish him!" encouraged Kidd. 

"Finish him for good!" added Blowfish. 

Kidd swung his shotgun around to stick in Blowfish's mouth. "You. Stay out of this. You don't get a say in what goes down here. Game's over, Blowfish..."

The tic was worse than ever. But then, Blowfish had a shotgun barrel slammed against his mouth. 

He just kept going. The Wall was strong, so strong, and while he was doing this the wrong way, Robin could symphatize with him. Blowfish had put the Wall and his people through hell. Luring them here with great promises, then forcing them into being criminals. 

He was standing up now, towering above her once more. And Kidd and Blowfish was encouraging her to bring the Wall down now? He looked like he was barely standing in the first place! Was this what she was going to do? Was this what she was all about?

She had to try to stop him. Make him see reason. One last time. He had slowed down so much, maybe she could finally reach him. Make him stop this.

"I don't want to beat you! When are you going to get that?" A guy bleeding on the floor. Blowfish with a barrel against his mouth. Robin trapped between a wall and a hard place. "All I wanted was to help all of you! Then you two!" Robin made sure to point Kidd out along with the Wall, "You two just had to go all murder happy! Killing someone is not any kind of justice! Not even someone as bad as Blowfish!"

Robin took a step back from the Wall. She could feel the heat on her legs, could feel the engines whirring in her armor. "This is your last chance. Please just give up." How was he even still standing?

GM

"Killing someone ain't justice? Guess you ain't heard of the death penalty" retorted Kidd, who looked rather sour. Thing's weren't going his way, and he didn't like it when his sunny disposition had cause to pause. 

The Wall smashed his fists together. 

"It is justice" said the Wall, unable to concede this point. "But now you see the truth. Its the strong who choose what justice is. And today, I just wasn't strong enough" he said angrily. 

Although now, he was angry with himself. 

"I'd like to go down fightin'. That way I can look at myself in the mirror. But my duty is to my people. And I guess that means I have to live to fight another day..."

"You mean you are a pussy" interjected Kidd, who was projecting his own internal assessment of himself onto the Wall. 

This nearly reversed the Walls opinion. He smashed his fists together so hard that some shattered masonry fell around them. 

"You, Kidd. Might be bulletproof. But soon, Ill test out if you are immune to my fists as they tear out your spinal cord and jams it up your $£%!"

Even Kidd whitened at this threat. And, almost (ironically) as a spinal reflex, he swung his shotgun from Blowfish's mouth to the Wall. 

But the Wall had made up his mind. He took a step back, down the hole he had fallen down (twice now), and fell again.

Bounce!

And he was gone. 

Edited by Supercape

Robin held her breath. Kidd was just making things worse every time he opened his mouth, wasn't he? She didn't believe in death penalty. Killing in self defense, or with no other option? Maybe. She hoped she would never have to make a choice like that, but in this situation, there was no need to kill anyone, if everyone would just calm down, so maybe, just maybe, it would be nice if Kidd would just keep his mouth shut for just one moment. 

She was really starting to regret having trusted Kidd for even a moment.

But Robin waited. The Wall was not a bad guy. His methods were bad, and maybe he belonged behind bars, but not like this. And she just couldn't deal with him, Kidd and Blowfish at the same time. He relented, he was about to leave, and then Kidd opened his mouth again. And the look in the Wall's eyes said everything. Robin was about to get ready. One more kick. Another blow to hopefully take him down. And then Kidd moved his gun, finally and the Wall bounced off into the hole in the floor. 

And now Kidd's gun was pointing in Robin's general direction. She turned to him, making no move to raise her gun, instead just glaring at him from behind the mask. "The death penalty's hardly universal, And at any rate, it is decided by a jury of peers, not by some maverick detective wanting to play judge, jury and executioner. Isn't that right, Kidd?" She really wasn't sure how Kidd would react if Jackson stopped filming. She had to be ready if he decided he didn't care anymore.

GM

Kidd chewed his tongue mulling the words. 

He flicked on the safety of his shotgun. 

"I guess your right" he said. "I'm an officer of the law, after all. Sometimes that's easier to say than to do" he conceded. He didn't look happy about conceding, even if he had a smile crowbarred onto his face. 

Jackson had kept the camera on, of course. If not...well, who knows what would have happened. 

"You do dig that Blowfish is gonna crawl under a pile of laws and get off, right?" Kidd said to Justice. "But I guess they should call you Law-girl rather than Justice, huh?"

"Would you give it a rest already?"

Yeah, Robin was just done with Kidd now. Justice and the law was not the same. She was more than aware of that, but what Kidd wanted to do wasn't Justice either. They had witnesses, and of course it would be Blowfish's word against theirs, and he had an army of lawyers and yeah, this probably wouldn't turn out that great, but she'd deal with it, somehow. Not quite sure how yet, but somehow. And Blowfish still didn't know about Amber, at least. 

"You're the cop, right? Maybe you should do your job and make sure that everything we found on Blowfish and Johns sticks, yeah? And would you cuff him already?" Her glare moved from Kidd to Blowfish, and she begun approaching. "Is there any chance any of you two won't try and hit me while I try to help him?" she asked, motioning towards the bleeding bodyguard. She wasn't a doctor or anything, but she could at least try. "And would someone call an ambulance already?"

She should just leave, shouldn't she? That would be the smart thing to do here. Still, didn't feel right. Instead she approached the guard and kneeled down to try and stop his bleeding, hoping both Blowfish and Kidd would leave her alone while she did that.

GM

Kidd shrugged. "Guess I am a cop. I got this here badge that says so!" he said with a big grin. Not a proud grin, though. 

He lowered his shotgun. "And relax. I won't shoot you. Not unless you break the law. Or I feel like it" he said with a wink. "Your ok. Niave, but ok" he conceded. 

Justice could see Blowfish's bodyguard was in trouble. Bad trouble. He would surely die without reasonably prompt medical attention, but on the other hand he wasn't about to arrest right now. 

And so began the clean up. Blowfish in handcuffs, carted away, Kidd organising the due process with the incoming police, and Jackson trying to film what he could. Which wasn't that much, right now. And within sixty seconds, Blowfish's contingency machine was in motion, with lawyers mobilised. 

Right. Not unless Robin broke the law. She still kept on eye on Kidd as she tried to help the bodyguard. 

As the clean up began, Robin watched. Jackson was still filming, Kidd was showboating, and Robin? Robin was trying very hard to decide what to do about Kidd. Blowfish was lawyering up, but for now at least, that was out of her hands. She had delivered him, had gotten him caught on live camera actually shooting at people, and ordering his goons to shoot at them. That had to count for something. And they had Amber, if Kidd could remember to get  her.

Justice was standing a bit away as Blowfish was led away, eventually retracting her armor and disappearing into the crowds. She had done what she could right now. Wasn't that the best she could hope for? But still, she knew she would have to do better. And she would have to find out how to deal with Kidd, Blowfish and the Wall at some point.

GM

Epilogue

And thus the days unfolded. 

Amber dissapeared, although Kidd gave a knowing smile when asked about where she was. Had she got spooked and ran? or something else. It was impossible to say for sure.

Blowfish got tagged. He was under house bail, with a foot tag that he was very displeased about. He was facing the courts, but he felt confident. Amber wasn't testifying now, and his corrupt contacts were of modest use. Opening fire in a crowded place was a more difficult rap to beat, but he had had the Wall charging at him at the time. Time would tell. 

Kidd kept on Kidding. The bulletproof cop kept on doing his thing, and dividing opinion. He was, at least, not corrupt - or at least, he was not a man to take bribes or influence from crooks. And he sure hated Blowfish, even if he was cynical that anything could be done about the cunning crime boss. 

The Wall had also dissappeared, but was not so inconpicious as Amber. Over the days, weeks, and months, the Wall was heard of. Gossip? Mythology? Idolisation? Vilification? But the Mexican appeared to be some kind of folk hero to the immigrant population and some kind of vigilante to many others. Like Majorie Doors, who often assailed Robin with tuts of disgust about the giant. 

And Justice?

Well....

~ To be Continued! ~

• olopi locked this topic