Wall the Build

GM

The bullets came thicker now, as desperation set in. Soon, clips would run dry. 

Incredibly, Detective Kidd stood calmly in the open, in the midst of the bullets, and was not hit once!

The Wall ignored everything and charged at one of the bodyguards, smacking him unconscious and throwing him across the room with a backhanded - fist. As he turned around, Justice could see him bleeding from the middle of his massive girth. He had taken a bullet. not that it seemed to stop him in the slightest. 

"Mask! You gotta stop him! Detective! Arrest him!" said a panicking Blowfish. Interestingly, his anxiety diminished his tic. He was no longer furious, just scared. 

"Whats it worth, Blowfish? You gonna make a signed confession or am I gonna blow your goddamn head off?" grinned Kidd, pointing his shotgun at Blowfishes head....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raising the Justice Buster, Robin took aim at the Wall now. She hated doing this, but as much as she would enjoy seeing Blowfish knocked out cold, the Wall wanted more, and she could not allow that. 

"Wall, stand down, right now!" She agreed with Kidd here. A signed confession would go a long way here, and even better, it might help the Wall. "Blowfish, you got one shot here! A signed confession, right here, right now, and it includes how you forced him and his people into being criminals. Or we let the Wall run wild!" She was not going to do that, of course, but Blowfish didn't need to know that.

GM

"What, you think that pea shooter gonna stop me? Think again, Nina Tonta!*" replied the Wall. 

Blowfish was canny. "Sure, sure, a signed confession...you got some paper? some ink?" he asked Justice. 

The Wall was not impressed. "No paper. No ink. Just fists and fury. You ready to say your prayers, Blowfish?" demanded the Wall. 

Kidd actually held up his shotgun, ready to watch the show. "I mean, you are all arrested. That's right, I'm arresting you all!" he said, and gave a smile to Jackson, who was filming the entire scene. 

"You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney. Etcetraa Etceteraa!" he said, for the sake of appearances. 

Really? This was Kidd's play now, all of a sudden? Turning on all of them? Robin knew that he was a gloryhound, but still, this was a new low.

So what was she going to do? Fight Kidd if he started trying to arrest her too? Let him take in the Wall and Blowfish? Sure, Blowfish and his goons were fine, but the Wall had only really acted in self defense until now, and so had she. Blowfish's last goon was still standing, gun in hand, and the Wall looked like he was about to start smashing Blowfish to pulp the first chance he got. So, what should she do? Shoot him? Try to fight him? Or try something else. "So, trying to bring me in too, Kidd?" Robin asked, a somewhat coy tone in her voice.

"And Wall, shut up." She was done with this. Just so done. The floor seemed weak, so she raised the Justice Buster and took aim, before firing a quick shot towards the floor under the Wall's feet. 

GM

The floor beneath the Wall was already grinding with his weight. The building was only half finished and not exactly built to first class standards. It promptly collapsed in splintered into dust. The Wall tried grabbing onto the sides of the hole, but he was too slow. 

Crash - Bang - Whallop!

The Wall, being so heavy, fell through four floors, pausing each time to crack open a path to the floor below. It sounded painful. 

"Nice move, Justice!" said Kidd, with a wink. "You sure arrested that Mexican Scu----I mean that Mexican criminal!"

"Give it up for my pal Justice, who clearly has a grrrrreat career in helping me do my job!" he said to the camera. 

He gave the cut off sign to Jackson. 

"What?" said Jackson. 

"Can't have cameras showing everything!" grinned Kidd, fingering his shotgun. "Due process and criminal legislation and so on..."

Jackson paused, not knowing quite what to do...

That worked... maybe a bit better than Robin had actually expected. Falling down one floor, sure. The Wall was tough. Two, three, four floors? No, that was a bit much. He was hurt, that much was sure, but Robin really didn't have time for dealing with that right now. Kidd's compliment might have made her happy at one point, but she was starting to see things a bit differently now, weren't she? Kidd knew how to play to the cameras, and he was putting on his best show.

At least until he told Jackson to cut off the feed. Robin did not like the way he was holding that shotgun. And she was pretty sure there was nothing about due process and criminal legislation that forbade an arrest from being filmed. They had Blowfish on camera, shooting at people. They needed a confession. Camera would be better. And Robin could guess what Kidd was planning when it was turned off.

"Keep the camera rolling." From behind her mask, she stared directly into it now. She had a wry grin on her lips under the helmet. "Gotta get Blowfish's confession filmed, don't we?" 

She then turned to Blowfish and his last goon, moving around so she could still keep an eye on Kidd. "You're saved, Blowfish. So go ahead, talk to the camera. Be nice and tell you exactly what you did to this place, or I'll go get the Wall back. He might be pissed at me now, but I'm sure he'll still do worse to you. And don't forget about Johns and your little gifts to him either."

GM

"Sure, sure, keep the camera's rolling" said Blowfish to Justice. 

"TURN THEM OFF!" shouted Kidd. 

"Keep them rolling. See? Intimidation. Ill make a full confession, sure. At gun point...." laughed Blowfish. 

Poor Jackson didn't know where to point his camera. It wobbled this way and that. But Jack Jackson himself was in complete ecstacy. Never in his wildest dreams did he think he would catch such incredible drama on camera! He was mentally imagining his prized and awards, the A list congratulating him on his bravery. A primetime show on Supervision...

"Idiot!" said Kidd to Justice. He kept hold of his shotgun. "You think a confession is going to stand now?"

"Give me that camera!" demanded Kidd of Jackson. He raised his shotgun just an inch towards Jackson. It wasn't quite pointing at Jackson. But it was intimidation. Again. 

Blowfish could not resist a smile at the way events were unfolding. 

Edited by Supercape

Alright, Robin might have made a mistake here, but she wasn't about to let Kidd just go to town on Blowfish. Sure, she had hit him, too, but that was in self defense. And the defense of everyone around them, when Blowfish had started shooting around like a madman. 

"No intimidation here. You," she pointed at Blowfish, "shot at a crowd of people and ordered your goons to do the same, all caught on camera. I'm pretty sure that's illegal, confession or not. And after that? Your employees shot at a detective, under your orders, also caught on camera. Resisting arrest and everything, yeah? Same thing goes for everything that you've done to the Wall and his people. You pushed the guy far enough that he was going to kill you. If it wasn't for the shoddy work here, then he would probably have gotten to you. I don't really think we need that confession."

She had to take control of the situation again. The Wall was out of the picture, at least for the moment, so now here she was, just Blowfish, Kidd and Jackson. And the goon that was still standing. Push him, just a little bit more. Maybe that would help. "Kidd already got people looking into Johns, and we got plenty of evidence and everything you've done today to to put you away for a long time. So, what's it gonna be? Keep resisting arrest and putting people in danger, or come along quietly?" She paused briefly, just to let what she said think in. "I mean, if I were you, I'd probably pucker up for the picture they'll take at the station."

GM

"Self defence" replied Blowfish, confidently. It wasn't the first time he had stared this kind of threat in the face. Blowfish was no supervillain, but here was his strength; gritty experience. 

The pucker up thread made him twitch. A furious deepening to his brow. 

"I'll remember this" he said, clamping his jaw shut. 

"As far as I can see, I have committed no offence" he said, again confidently. "I really don't want to be seen resist arrest. Of course I'll come quietly" he said. 

Kidd was not pleased. "That's it?" he groaned. Even Jackson seemed dissapointed at the capitulation of Blowfish. 

But maybe the action was not over yet. From the floors below, came the sound of a Wall charging upwards....

"You took the first shot. And that's on camera too!" Justice countered, still pointing at Blowfish. "You're not getting out of everything that easily, Pucker-lips." Alright, he might have given up, but he was not going to turn this to his advantage. There were plenty of camera evidence against him already. 

She looked over at Jackson, now. He better have gotten all the action down on the street... and then she heard that sound. Like a freight train moving up the stairs. The Wall was coming. And he was going to be pissed that she shot the ground out from under him like that. She had hoped the fall would take the fight out of him, but of course she wasn't about to be that lucky. The Wall would either go straight for her or Blowfish. He probably hated both equally right now. Great. She should have played this smarter. Should have been better. Now, she moved to the side, out of the way, and with some distance between herself and Blowfish. She had no idea what she would do right now. The Wall had to make his move first.

GM

"I had a sevent foot Lucha Libre about to cave my head in!" screamed Blowfish, exploding in fury. It was fear that drove his fury, but it was fury all the same. His tic was worse than ever, and the fact that Justice had mocked him for it made him fury squared. 

"He's gotta point" laughed Kidd. "He might just get off. We got enough to tie him up in court though" he said. Then, he turned, making sure his back was faced to Jackson's camera. 

BLOW HIS HEAD OFF! he mouthed. 

"Keep that damn camera on, Jackson!" shouted Blowfish at the now sweating reporter. 

Jackson would give almost anything to keep filming. Almost anything. That didn't include his life, and he was beginning to fear for it. He looked at Justice for guidance...

And meanwhile, the lumbering steps of the Wall grew louder...

Blow his head off? Just what, of anything, that Robin had done up to this point made Kidd think that she would blow someone's head off, as much as it would solve everything? That's not what heroes do!

"And that excused ordering your men to shoot at everyone, including the people actually protesting against this place?" Tie him up in court, yeah. But they needed to stop him, if they could. Put him behind bars for a good long while, if it was at all possible. Everything else they had should stick, but could she be sure?

And the Wall was getting closer...

"Jackson, keep the camera on. Kidd, cuff Blowfish and his goon. We got our informant," Robin almost let Amber's name slip, but stopped herself, "and we got Johns. Throw the book at him. I'm sure he'll give up Blowfish if it helps him. You're going down, Blowfish, and I'm not about to let you get away on something like this." 

The Wall was coming. She looked down the sights of the Justice Buster, making sure it was set up right, then moved to the side. "Everyone get out of the way, and I'll deal with the Wall."

GM

"You...you sure?" whispered Jackson, for once lost for words. There was a limit to his desire for fame, and he had pretty much reached it. 

"Johns was the snitch was he? Interesting..." nodded Blowfish, mentally locking the name into his head. 

Further cogitations and contemplations on the matter were now interrupted. The Wall bounded up the stairs, slightly out of breath. 

He pointed a finger at Justice. 

"YOU! You get in my way for the last time, piglet!" he snarled, almost frothing at the mouth. "Next time you try to stop me, I throw you outta the window!"

And with that, he charged!!!!

"Nope." Robin snapped back at Blowfish. "But we know all about how you bribed him. Good thing we already got someone at him, right Kidd?" Hopefully he got what she meant. Robin really hoped that he did, but at any rate, they didn't have time for doing anything now.

The Wall was back. Frothing, yelling, being just about pissed in every way that he could be. 

"Can't do that, Wall. Sorry." She meant what she said earlier. Nobody dies. Not even a scumbag like Blowfish. A quick adjustment to the Justice Buster, and she took her shot, sending a burst of kinetic energy flying towards him. She hated this. Everyone working together would have been much better, but he just had to break that, didn't he?

GM

Kidd was smart enough to catch the meaning of the interaction. "Sure"

So was Blowfish "Sure" he smirked. "Sure you have"

He clearly wasn't falling for that. 

The Wall, however, was falling for a JUSTICE BLAST! it hit him square on his enormous chest, and the next thing you knew, the Wall was on one knee, grunting, a smoking hole in his clothing where he had caught the blast. 

"You think....you think that's gonna stop me?" he gasped, slowly getting back to his feet. 

"I hope you got some more juice in yer shooter" said Kidd, softly. He wasn't quite sure what to do. He wasn't scared of bullets at all, but the Wall was a different matter. 

The last conscious bodyguard gripped his pistol with sweaty palms. "Shoot him down!" snapped Blowfish, pointing to the Wall. There was no doubt the bodyguard was loyal to Blowfish, largely due to fear, but the Wall was also an imposing, frightining sight...

"I'm hoping that you will just back down. I don't want to fight you, but I will do it if I have to." Justice kept her distance. Sure, the engines in her boots gave her Justice Kick more force than the gun. Would probably be easier to put the Wall down with a well placed kick, but she had the distinct feeling that if she got in close, and he got his hands on her, she would be toast.

And at the same time, Blowfish was ordering his goon to take a shot. Robin looked glanced at him. She was not about to take her eyes off the Wall. No, not that quickly. If she did, he was sure to try something. So instead she spoke, doing her best to keep her voice completely calm. "If you even try to take a shot at the Wall, you're going down even faster than your boss when the big guys in prison tells him to pucker up. I don't care if he's bulletproof. Nobody here dies." She wasn't quite sure where the pucker up line came from. Maybe she had just gotten used to calling out Blowfish now?

GM

"Hope is good. Lights the fire" replied the Wall with uncharacteristic eloquence. It must be a subject he was quite familiar with. "But I am the fire"

With that blunt appraisal and firm conviction, he rose to his full height, and an impressive height it was. And then, started charging. Zam! another bolt caught him on the shoulder. He wobbled a little but kept charging at full speed. Perhaps if he had not been shot he would have collided with justice, but the wobble turned him just a fraction of course, his legs not quite compensating for his speed and power. 

SLAM!

He collided and tore through a cardboard wall behind the group. Certainly nothing wrong with his speed or power. 

But now...who would be fastest on the draw? Kidd was bringing up his shotgun, the bodyguard bringing up his pistol, and Blowfish reaching into his pocket...

The Wall went through the wall, and everyone around Robin started reaching for their weapons. Just great. This was escalating again, far faster than Robin would like it to. If the Wall had just stuck to the plan, if Kidd wasn't turning out to be such a gloryhound, if if if... 

"Everyone put your guns down or I will put them down for you." Right, she wasn't exactly scary, but she should have shown them enough of what she could do. Maybe that would give them some pause.

Honestly, the smartest thing to do would be to just take down Blowfish and his goon. Quick and easy, done and out. But, they were not attacking her, not yet at least. At least Kidd seemed to nominally be on her side. 

So, circling the hole the Wall had made, she raised her gun and got ready. Blowfish, his goon, the Wall. Whoever made the first move, she'd take them down.

GM

The Wall was smoking. He even smelled of ozone. He had taken more punishment than any man had a right to withstand, but he did not give up. His eyes darkened and he charged, with gritted teeth and pulsating veins, straight at Justice. Once again, he stopped in his tracks when the Justice blast hit him, sagging to both knees. 

And then, he got up...

"Gotta hand it to him, he's determined...." commented Kidd without thinking. 

"Shoot him you idiot!" screamed Blowfish at his bodyguard. Surruptiotiously, he pulled out a knuckleduster from the lining of his jacket. A weapon of last resort. But a weapon still. 

The poor bodyguard fired! BAM! A single shot into the belly of the Wall. 

Blood leaked from the wound, but the Wall did not stop. He stood tall and proud. 

Kidd spun around with the shot with a grin on his mouth. "You fired first...." he whispered, as the Bodyguard turned white. 

He turned even whiter when Kidd unleased a shotgun shell at him. White and Red, and knocked back ten feet....

Dammit. Why was Robin the only one that ever packed non-lethal weapons here? The bodyguard was down, and he probably needed medical attention. She supposed that Kidd had done as his training told him, but still. If anything, the bodyguard had tried to help them by shooting at the Wall.

Everything was happening so fast. The Wall was getting closer, Kidd was shooting now, the bodyguard was down, Blowfish had pulled some kind of weapon that she didn't really have the time to see what was. It didn't matter right now, they had to stop the Wall while they still had the chance. 

"Kidd, Blowfish. Back away. I'll take care of him." Of course Blowfish didn't care about his bodyguard. She didn't really have anything she could use here, no smart moves. He would probably be wise to having the floor shot out from under him again, so she had to buy some time. Pulling the trigger, Robin fired another kinetic blast at the Wall.

GM

"You telling me what to do?" bit back Kidd. "He just fired! I'm going to fire back!" he said, big malicious grin on his face. 

The body guard, holding his bleeding chest, fire four more shots at Kidd at point blank range. Kidd just stood their, grinning. 

"DIE DIE!" cried thebodyguard. But every shot missed. It was impossible. A blind man could hit Kidd at this range!

The Wall paid no attention, and moved up to Justice, pushing her back with his bulk. He was so strong, stronger than any man could possibly be. And he was pushing her towards the hold in the ground that lead to a nasty, nasty fall!

What the actual hell was that? Robin just stared at Kidd. How could the bodyguard miss him? And just what was Kidd up to? And she really should stop trusting anyone, shouldn't she? Kidd had more of an agenda here than she had guessed. He really wanted to kill Blowfish after all, not just bring him in. 

And she was distracted, and the Wall was coming up to her, and how did she even miss him when he rushed her, sending her straight into the hole that she had created herself. Really? Was that how it was going to be? She fell, and she wasn't sure if the suit could take that kind of fall and she really should have planned more and reached out and tried to grab hold of something, anything, whatever. And suddenly, she grabbed hold of a bit of the floor about halfway to the bottom, her fingers almost digging into it. This was not good. So not good.

With a groan, she pulled herself up and looked at the hole. Had to get up there and back in the action. The Wall and the others probably thought she was all the way down, probably a smear, or maybe coming up the stairs. Oh no, she was not about to do that. Robin started running, building up speed and then jumped up towards the floor above, continuing her movement and trying to do the same to get up through the hole she fell through. The next time she saw the Wall, she would be shooting.

GM

The Wall continued his descent. But this time, he changed. 

His face contorted with effort, and his body ballooned and shrunk at very points. His limbs retracted, his girth expanded, and in the blink of an eye he was more like a football than a man. 

Boing!

He hit the ground and bounced back up again. If there was any doubt about whether the Wall was superhuman or not, it had gone now. He appeared to not only be unnaturally strong, but be able to turn himself into a bouncing man-sized ball!

But he was not coordinated. His bouncing boing! did not come up the hole as he would have liked. Instead, he pinballed around the lower floors for several seconds before coming to a halt. 

And above, there was the sound of gunfire!

Robin just stared after the Wall for a moment. He was turning into a ball. The Wall-Ball? She'd seen a lot of different super powers on television. But no, stop that. She was getting distracted. And the sound of gunfire took her straight out of that distraction. Kidd. Or the Wall's bodyguard. But most likely, it was Kidd. 

She shouldn't have trusted that guy at all. 

Another jump, another stretch, and she pulled herself up from the hole that she had been pushed into. She was further along than the Wall, at least, from the bouncing sounds coming from the stairs. She didn't even have time to keep going as she climbed up to try and take stock of the scene.

GM

On the top floor...

As Justice bounded up to the top floor (with the Wall climbing up below her), she bore witness to a bloody scene. 

It could be worse. But still, it was bad. 

It would have been a lot worse, perhaps, if Jackson had not kept his camera on. Who would have thought he odious little reporter ended up being a hero?

Blowfish had his hands up. He knew he was outgunned, literally. But you could still here the cogs in his brain trying to figure an angle out of it. By his feet, his bodyguard had passed out. Still breathing, but bleeding. Looking clammy and sweaty. Looking in bad shape all around. His pistol lay on the floor, its clip empty. 

Kidd stood, unscathed, a few feet from Jackson. He swung his shotgun lazily. Not quite aiming at Jackson, not quite aiming away from Jackson. "OK, Jackson, this is a crime scene now. You don't turn that off. I'm going to arest you. And kick your ass doin' it" he grinned. 

Jackson gulped, and looked mightily relieved when Justice appeared. 

"Oh thank God! Justice!" he sighed. Literally and metaphorically.