Fright Night at Claremont (OOC)

Cubismo

13 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Alright, switching Tricks array to Pixie Blast and attacking with that, then, while backing away a bit so Salvo can do her thing once she gets there.

Attack roll: 1d20+12 = 13

Wow, guessing that's a miss, but its homing, so I'll get another try next turn.

You'd be right. It's another miss. Sorry, Rocket! 

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist Blue said:

Longer than a full round's kind of vague. How about I keep Salvo back for another round while you guys manhandle the guy?

If you're fine with that I see no problem with it. Just make a IC post about what Salvo's doing while she's gone.

5 hours ago, Azuth65 said:

1d20+7=14, probably a whiff but I'll post her sending some steel washers past Sam's shoulder upon confirmation.

Help us Obi-wan Kenob- I mean Lulu, you're our only hope :P

Yeah, this guy has a good Defense score. It's a miss, I'm afraid. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet. Heritage made his post. Now let's see if Possessed Sam can break out of that Stun. 

Will Save Recovery From Crystal-Gazer's Stun:  

Possessed Sam Will Save: 15. Failed! 

Once again Possessed Sam just barely manages to fail his save but for sake of making things more exciting I'm gonna use GM Fiat for this one and only time to give him another chance at beating it. Either way everyone gets another Hero Point because of that GM Fiat. 

Will Save Recovery From Crystal-Gazer's Stun Again:  

Possessed Sam Will Save: 20. Succeeded! 

Alrighty then, Possessed Sam is no longer Stunned and can do things again. One of those things is gonna require everyone to give me a Will check as Possessed Sam is gonna throw a burst area Emotional Control Fear attack. If you beat a DC of 20 you're fine. If you not, think of the most personally terrifying thing your PC can imagine. 

Also, remember guys you have Hero Points so if you want to burn one of them if you fail go right ahead! 

Forever Boy got the Fearless feat, so he's immune to all fear effects, and no need to roll.

The Pixie Blast was homing, so I get a second chance to hit again as a free action this turn: 1d20+12 = 29

DC 23 Toughness if that hits.

And trying a Snare again: 1d20+10 = 14

Not as lucky with that one, so I'll spend a HP to reroll: 1d20+10 = 30! Critical threat for catching him! DC 20(+5 if Crit threat is confirmed) Reflex save.

Edited by RocketLord
6 hours ago, Heritage said:

Quick question! My character just got approved for the new Mental Blast AP. Would I be able to say that it was activated by this conflict and use it? If not, it's cool.

That's fine by me, Heritage. Blast away.

16 hours ago, Zeitgeist Blue said:

Well, rolled a 13 at the start. Used an HP to reroll and got a 17. An 18 by defaulting to 10.

Will Save: 1d20+8 = 18

Edit: I suggest using the Collateral Damage Colplication for this as she involuntarily pulls the trigger while getting on the Fear.

Alright. Salvo is technically only Shaken but if you want to forgo a turn for your Complication that's cool. 

11 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Forever Boy got the Fearless feat, so he's immune to all fear effects, and no need to roll.

The Pixie Blast was homing, so I get a second chance to hit again as a free action this turn: 1d20+12 = 29

DC 23 Toughness if that hits.

And trying a Snare again: 1d20+10 = 14

Not as lucky with that one, so I'll spend a HP to reroll: 1d20+10 = 30! Critical threat for catching him! DC 20(+5 if Crit threat is confirmed) Reflex save.

Forever Boy's Pixie Blast Homing Attack: Hits.

Possessed Sam Toughness Save: 15. Failed by 8. Possessed Sam is now Bruised and Dazed.

Forever Boy's Snare Attack: Most certainly hits, and yes, it is confirmed as a critical hit. Congrats!

Possessed Sam Reflex Save: 9. Failed by 16! Possessed Sam is now Entangled, Bound and Helpless! ?

Just so everyone knows I'm going to wait until @Azuth65 makes their Will save before releasing the third round initiative order. Hope that's alright.

Edited by Cubismo

Salvo's Stun Attack: Hits.

Possessed Sam Fortitude Save: 28. Succeeded.

Sorry, ZB. 

Edit: Forgot to factor in all the conditions of Forever Boy's successful Snare. It doesn't change Possessed Sam's successful Fort save but if knowing that info would have made you pick different attack than I'd be fine with letting you try to hit him again with something else, @Zeitgeist Blue

Edited by Cubismo

Since Possessed Sam is both entangled and helpless that most certainly hits, Azuth65.

Possessed Sam Toughness Save: 12. Failed by a whooping 10 making him now Staggered. 

Round 3 - Initiative Order

17 - Forever Boy - Fine and Dandy, 2HP
16 - Salvo - Shaken, 3HP (Gets back her HP for triggering one of Complications)
12 - Gauss - Shaken, 4HP
11 - Crystal Gazer - Fine and Dandy, 2HP

11 - Deadite Possessed Sam - Bruised, Dazed, Entangled, Helpless and Staggered

@Heritage is up next and given how badly wounded Possessed Sam is I think combat is going to ending rather soon!

For dramatic effect, can she use Extra Effort for the reroll and not spend the HP to avoid Fatigue? It seems appropriate for a heroine pushing herself and discovering a new power.

Edit: Wait, I didn't actually roll. as it's a Perception range attack. if I do need to roll something, let me know!

Edited by Heritage

Agreed! In fact, its so dramatically appropriate I'm going to fudge the numbers a little and say Crystal-Gazer's Extra Effort Mental Blast makes Possessed Sam Unconscious/Exorcised because for some reason he keep getting amazing Will Saves. 

Just make a IC post with Crystal-Gazer making her attack. If you want you can also describe her using her powers to exorcise the demon's consciousness from Sam.

And this combat encounter is official over. 

If anyone has skills in Medicine they can try to revive an unconscious Sam.

If not, you can try to get some extra info on what you're facing by reading the spellbook Sam brought along. Of course, you need to make an Arcane Lore or Theology and Philosophy check to understand what Sam and his team were doing. Everyone with ranks in any of the three can try to roll for one of them. 

Also, remember that Sam has a map of his team's ritual site in the spellbook. So if y'all just want to throw caution to the wind and race down there without doing any research, you totally can!