Fright Night at Claremont (OOC)

Cubismo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Gauss nor Forever Boy can't revive or provide Sam immediate care given their rolls, but Gauss was at least able to diagnosis him. 

For Azuth65 - Medicine

Gauss knows that Sam is in surprisingly stable condition despite all the attacks he suffered. Nothing crucial is broken and he only has a few non-life threatening cuts and bruises. More alarmingly though, all attempts to awake him have proven ineffective and Sam shows signs of being in a coma.

For ZeitgeistBlue - Arcane Lore

With a sweet nat twenty, Salvo knows more about the ritual than Sam or any of his friends ever did and is able surmise what happened.

Details about the Grimoire: The grimoire Sam used is filled with left-handed Hemetic rituals for demon summoning and binding. 

Details about the Ritual: Reading it Salvo is able to determine that Sam and his friends were indeed trying to summon a succubus but because of their ineptitude botched one of summoning incarnations. Not only did they accidentally summon Baal, one of the most powerful princes of Hell, but they also ignorantly sold their souls and bodies to him as well. Fortunately, fully summoning such a powerful demon lord requires far more power and talent than Sam and his friends could ever have, so they only managed to bring forth a weakened avatar of Baal to Claremont.

Details about Baal: It's possible for Baal to be banished back to Hell by either destroying his earthly avatar or by severing his connection to his  "debtors" aka Sam and the rest of the Hidden Covenant, which can done by freeing them from demonic possession like with Sam. Baal has the common weaknesses of most demons, holy water, salt, sanctified weapons and powers with the divine or holy descriptor can harm him more than normal attacks. Lastly, Baal is infamously legalistic and it's possible that he can negotiated with, though negotiating with a demon rarely works out for mortals.

I believe that's a nope, Heritage. You'd just need to beat Unpossessed Sam's Will Save. I'm guessing you're using both Mind Reading and Communication?

Sorry for the wait guys. Had some computer trouble. Anyways, here's Sam Will check.

Unpossessed Sam's Will Save: 15. Failed.

For Heritage - Mind Reading Info

Crystal-Gazer learns that the Hidden Covenant is a occult club of amateur demonologists who were also all part of the same intramural team. All of its six members are Freshmen and each one of them is a low-level mystic with little magical talent. The fact they were all basically losers and members of one of the least impressive teams in Claremont eventually convinced them that they needed to resort to the dark arts become respected.  The group gathered in secret in Claremont's Underbelly and did all matter of secret rituals to increase their popularity. All of them failed until Sam got a hold of his family's grimoire and decided that summoning a succubus on Halloween would allow the group to use the demon's powers of enchantment to become not only popular but also attractive to their varies crushes. Unfortunately for them they messed up the ritual and inadvertently summoned the demon lord Baal instead. Sam's friends were immediately possessed by Baal's minions but Sam managed to escape. Before getting possessed himself Sam thought he could save his soul and banish Baal back to Hell but destroying the demon's earthly avatar.

After Hertiage makes their post do y'all want me to make a scene transition to the Underbelly or do you still want to hash out your plans in the rec room?

Edited by Cubismo

Sorry for the long delay, guys. I was waiting for Heritage only to learn from the Play Away Thread that they won't be back for awhile. My bad. 

Anyways, let us assume that Crystal-Gazer briefed everyone about what she found in Sam's mind and decided to watch over him while everyone went off to confront Baal. 

Can everyone give me a Notice check. 

Oh wow. Those shadow demons rolled really, really well. 

Opposed Stealth Check: 29

If anyone wants to use a HP to have another go at beating that right, go right ahead. If not, I'll start the surprise round with the shadow demons getting the drop on all of you. 

@RocketLord I believe Danger Sense gives you another opportunity to not be surprised. Can you give me another Notice check? One that can beat a DC 15?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, let's get this thing going again! Since no one was able to beat the Shadow's Demons Stealth no one can act on this surprise around. Also, Salvo and Gauss are Flat-Footed while Forever gets to keep his Defense since he has Uncanny Dodge. 

All three of the Shadow Demons are going to use their Standard Action take a melee swipe at one of you. They got a 23 on that Attack which means that Salvo and Gauss got hit while Forever Boy's successfully dodges. Can @Azuth65 and @Zeitgeist Blue give a Fortitude throw that can beat a DC 19. 

Also, combats about to start again so can I also get Initiative from everyone as well. 

Free Action: Shift +2 Attack/ -2 Defence

Free Action: Switch Sevo-Dynamos Array to Super-Strength

Move Action: Demoralize (Uses Intimidation skill -5). SM to get 17.

Standard Action: Grapple Attack

Attack Roll: 1d20+5 = 12. HP to Reroll. 1d20+5 = 21

Oppossed Grapple Roll: 1d20+15 = 21

Basically, Salvo will grab the tongue and haul the demon to her, intimidating it on the way.

Salvo's Melee Attack: Hits.

Frog Demon's Opposed Grapple Check: 18. Failed. The Frog Demon has been literally roped in towards Salvo as per ZB's request. He is now Pinned, losing his Dodge Bonus and -4 to his Defense. 

Frog Demon's Will Save vs Salvo's Intimidate: 21. Just managed to Succeed

Round 1 - Initiative Order

23 - Salvo - Fine and Dandy, 2HP 

20 - Shadow Demons (x3) 

- Frog Demon - Pinned

- Cat Demon - Fine and Dandy

- Human Demon - Fine and Dandy

14 - Forever Boy - Fine and Dandy, 2HP
14 - Gauss - Fine and Dandy, 4HP