Fright Night at Claremont (IC)

Cubismo

GM

Claremont Academy

October 31 2018

10:13 PM

Halloween was almost always hectic night for the heroes of Freedom City, with all kinds of occult madness happening all over the city. Most of Claremont's faculty was off campus dealing with it right this moment. The same used to be true for a lot of Claremont's students but since Headmistress Summer's crackdown on late night teen superheroing most students were spending All Hallow's Eve having parties off campus. 

Sam Thorn knew all this. In fact, it was one of the reasons why he and the rest of the other students that made up the Hidden Convenant decided to have the ritual tonight. It made sense at the time. The school would be mostly deserted, the wards would weakened without the teachers being around to bolster them, and Halloween was just altogether a great day for late-night summoning.

As Sam ran down down an another empty hallway, his hands filled with an ancient tome that felt so heavy in them, and looked for someone, anyone, that could help him he tried to remember that things weren't supposed to be this way. He wasn't supposed to covered in sot and other things we didn't want to even think about. He wasn't supposed to be alone and scared out of his mind. And he was supposed to feel like some presence was getting closer and closer to him no matter how much he ran. 

"It wasn't supposed to be this way. It wasn't supposed to be this way. It wasn't supposed to be this way..." He kept repeating those words over and over again as he ran. Maybe if said them enough times everything would go back to normal. 

When he finally spotted a rec room with a light on it Sam immediately barged right in there huffing and coughing as he entered. He didn't know the people in the room but that didn't matter. He needed their help if he was going to save his friends and his soul. 

"Please! Oh God, please help me!" 

Edited by Cubismo
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selena lounged back into one of the comfier chairs in the rec room, her vest from her gender-flipped Han Solo costume tossed over the back and her boots resting on the beat up coffee table she had grabbed off the curb the previous spring.  "Cheesy horror movies, abundant junk food, and I got the number of that cute girl in the Liliana Vess costume, all and all, I declare tonight a resounding success," she sighed contentedly.

"Nicole, I have an idea I'd like to bounce off you for the team," she said a minute later after digging her phone from her pocket and swiping through a few screens.  She was about to go when the door burst open revealing a terrified young man holding a book straight out of a dark wizard's library.

Halloween was interesting. The students at Claremont regularly dressed up in their costumes, uniforms and for parties and what have you, and yet, this day of Halloween seemed to have a special significance for dressing up. You dressed up differently for Halloween. It was brilliant. He had elected to go for the obvious, with a bright green Peter Pan costume. It was his first Halloween, and he did have that weird connection, anyway.

Pan had spent some time out, but now he was back in the rec room with some of the other students. He was floating around near the ceiling. He had found this book with scary stories. Apparently, Halloween seemed to be about being scary, even if few of the other students actually seemed scared. At least not until a student burst in, asking for help. Looking up from his book, Pan couldn't suppress his smile. This sounded like an adventure.

"You're... Sam, right? What's wrong?" He hadn't really talked with Sam before. Was this his usual way of acting? Probably not, but still, Claremont had some strange students. Pan himself included.

"Shoot."

Nicole raised her phone higher than her head and she leaned back on her wheelchair to look up at it. Halloween was pretty okay. She had on a witch's dress, all black and tattered decoratively at the hem. She had sitting on her lap her witch's pointy hat and her wheelchair was decorated with skulls and cobwebs,  and glowing vials of liquid hanging from the sides.

Slugishly, she swiped through Selena's ideas. There was merit there. Aja and Kam's acrobatics with Liz's magic. Mobility like nobody's business and used properly then no one was going to lay a hand on them.

Then the door slammed open and Nicole was jolted out of her late night reverie. It was Sam Thorn and, from what Nicole knew, he was jumpier than a cat in water. But this was jumpier than that and his clothes were filthy.

Nicole's gaze fell to the ancient tome in his hands. She's seen many tomes like that in her studies and search for magic. Never liked reading them. But then she remembered tonight's date and things started slowly falling into place.

"Huh."

Sue her. She was sleepy.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Lulu enjoyed Halloween; back home in Columbia, there was an annual haunted house called 'Columbia Manor' which, though small, packed a lot of spooky fun into its tiny lot. Maybe some day if she became a famous hero, she could could go back home and use her powers to add a few scares.

But for now, she was content to dangle her legs over the arm of a sofa as she savored another mouthful of Reese's Pieces, her all-time favorite candy. She was dressed as Ginny Weasley, complete with Hogwarts robe, Gryffindor tie and an ash wand, which she used to trace glowing 'magical symbols' in the air.

Then Sam Thorm burst into the room, and she nearly choked on her peanut butter candy as she suddenly sat up to see what was going on. 

"Everythin' okay there, Sam?"

Edited by Heritage

GM

Sam almost collapsed onto the rec room's floor when he saw not one but four other students there. Sam didn't know any of them personally, only recognizing them from the halls and word of mouth. He was a freshmen after all and was part of the lesser known, and respected, teams. Still, he at least knew Salvo by her reputation in Claremont's magical community, and knew that she'd be at least able to someone understand his predicament.

He almost couldn't believe his luck. In fact, a part of him didn't and wondered whether this was an illusion created by the thing he and his friends had brought forth, but he decided to cling on to hope. 

The freshmen steadied himself and tried to speak more calmly. "I'm...I'm Sam Thorn. You guys might know me as Kid Warlock. I'm part of the Indigo Team." Sam stopped and shook his head. In what way did his superhero name and team affiliation matter right now? He was wasting precious time and every second lost gave that fiend more time to find him. "Look, me and my friends messed major tonight. We performed a ritual and tried to summon, well, we tried to..."

Sam looked around the rec room and suddenly became very aware of the fact that besides Forever Boy and himself everyone else in the room was a girl. His face immediately went red with embarrassment and shame. "We tried to summon a succubus because were pathetic losers and we used this book to do it, ok!" There, he said it, not that it made feel any less gross. Sam hanged his head in shame. What the Hell were they thinking. He and the entire Hidden Covenant deserved to be punished for what they did. 

Yes, you do. You all do.

The young wizard jumped at the voice. What the Hell was that? He knew what it was but still felt compelled to ask himself question, as if his own ignorance could protect him. It was close to finding him. He had to speak fast. He looked towards Salvo and hoped that she wasn't too disgusted by him and would understand what had happened to him and his friends. "Me and the other guys on Indigo Team, we call ourselves the Hidden Covenant by the way, are all magic-users. We knew that if we wanted to summon the succubus we would need to do it tonight when most of the school's sorcerers would be off-campus, so the wards would be weaker. We thought we did everything right, but something happened and we summoned a uncontrollable demon that..."  

And now you, nor these children, can undo me, boy. 

Sam felt the heat again. He started to rush his words in a panic. "We did it in one of the sub-basements in the underbelly," he managed to grunt out as the heat became more intense in his throat and chest. "There's...there's a map of how to get there in the book."

Yes. Bring them to me so that I can add them to my growing collection, boy.

The heat, no fire, was overwhelming now and Sam swore that his very soul was aflame. He had to tell them soon before it was to late. "I think...ARGH... You can reverse the summoning and banish the demon back to Hell if you...ARGH... the book has the answers to..." Sam said no more after that. He did scream though. And it was a nightmarish scream at that. 

When the screaming ended the thing that now wore Sam's body through away the book in its hands contemptuously. Its nails had become claws, its teeth were a jagged mess of fangs, and its eyes were a bloodshot and red-orange. When it spoke it its voice echoed within the rec room like a howling wind that made the ceiling lights flicker. "You all belong to my master now, mortals. Join your friend in eternal service to Baal, the great and powerful! JOIN US! JOIN US!

Edited by Cubismo

Well, that was just disgusting. They tried to summon a succubus. Even on Neverworld, there were those that tried to speak with demons, and it appeared that they had the same names as here. Pan's face clearly showed his disgust, the previously friendly smile shifting into a frown. It was bad enough to seek the counsel of demons, but the reasons! The reasons just made it even worse! What kind of horny fool would risk just not his own life, but the life of his friends!? 

Pan was actively fuming, about to rip into Sam, when the young would-be succubus lover screamed. It was an inhuman scream, a nightmarish scream. And then it was not Sam anymore, was it? It looked like him, but it was just something that wore him, like one would wear a shirt a few sizes too small. 

The lights flickered. Pan's friends was in danger, but Sam had made it quite clear that they needed the book that the Sam-thing now grasped in its clawed fingers! There were but one choice, if he were to keep the book safe! Pixie Dust gathered around the creature that was once a horny would-be demon lover, preparing to turn solid and catch it in glowing bands, if he could catch it unaware. Sadly, the Sam-thing was quicker than he had hoped. Noticing Pan's attempt at capture, it jumped straight up to the ceiling. If Pan had to compare, it looked almost like a frightened cat.

If they got Sam out of this, Pan would have a few choice words for him.

Edited by RocketLord

As Sam continued to tell his story Nicole's hackles rose. Her fingers rubbing through her hair as the story unfolded and she understood more of where Sam would be getting at. There was stupid and there was hubris. There was being a thirsty AF boy. There was being a loser. Then there was all four combined and now Sam was just running for his life while the rest of the hacks at the Hidden Covenant were what?

They didn't even have the competence to summon the succubus right! Sam better not be here just to beg them to clean up their mess.

"You what?" Nicole shouted, incredulous that they somehow managed to screw up as badly as she feared they did. "You are losers! Stupid stupid losers! You mess up this badly and now, what? Come begging for mommy to kiss your boo-boo?"

Nicole drove up to Sam to snatch the tome out of his hand when Sam's scream stopped her. Then what stood in front of her wasn't Sam anymore and when it spoke in its unearthly voice the lights flickered. Nicole could feel its gaze fall upon her and she squeaked, eyes wide. She was practically face-to-face with it. Her hand groped for the joystick and rammed her wheelchair in reverse to get the hell out as fast as she could.

"Damnitdamnitdamnit."

She drove past Pan as the sophomore threw his Pixie Dust at the possessed Sam. She drove past Selena and Lulu, ready to throw down, and she kept on driving backwards out the common room and around the dark corridor until she bumped into something hard, stopping her wheelchair in its tracks.

She looked up to see Bellios behind her. Inert. Waiting.

Her hands reached out to pull herself up.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

"Sam, you grade A moron," she muttered as her classmate recounted his tale.  It had taken her less than a week in this school to understand that anything magical should either be left alone, guarded while a teacher is sent for, or sometimes burned on the spot.

As Pan tried to bind the creature Sam unwittingly allowed to wear him like a brand new Edgar Suit and her team's heaviest hitter wheeled herself backwards to get into her gear, Selena watched the book sail away.  Thinking quickly, she called on her power and abusing the Lenz Effect, created a magnetic field strong enough to push the silver accents on the cover and spine away from the field and towards the non-possessed teens.  Grabbing the book she took to the air taunted, "Sorry, I'm more likely to sign up with Slaanesh..."

Edited by Azuth65

Lulu's feelings towards Sam rapidly shifted from concern to disgust and finally to abject fear; what had these horny idiots brought into the world? Could they even save him at this point? But of course, they had to try.

At first, the young telepath worried that her powers might not be of any use in this situation; she racked her brain, trying to remember any scrap of knowledge about how psychic powers interacted with the infernal. As far as she could recall, they should work, but she had to be careful to avoid creating an open link between herself and the demon.

Unconsciously still in character, she raised her wand and levelled it at the poor boy as she shouted out, "Get out of his head!" Then she fired a psychic blast into Sam's mind.

Edited by Heritage

GM

The demon wearing Sam's body was a proud thing. It would have preferred a more powerful vessel, especially in a school filled with them, but its master gave him little choice of mounts and forced him to takeover a weak boy who lacked physical prowess as much as he did common sense. The demon was forced to empower the boy's meager frame with its own infernal might.

Sure, he managed to avoid Forever Boy's bonds with an agile leap to the ceiling but he did so only narrowly, which stung its pride and left him snarling at the youths before him. Gauss' tact refusal of his offer of joyous eternal damnation stung it even more so. The demon had planned on attacking her first but Crystal-Gazer's psychic attack caught it off-guard and sent him reeling back to the rec room's floor just as it was about to pounce. 

The demon was able to quickly get back on its feet but the attack still left him disoriented and unable to act. All it could do was grab at Sam's head and let out a scream as it tried to regain its senses. 

"ARGH! Curse you, witch. Curse all you mortals! You will not debase me! I am the debaser. Not any of you!"  

Edited by Cubismo

The Sam-thing fell from the ceiling, the book now in Selena's hands. The thing was slowed, even if for a moment. Time to act, time to prepare. Moving back, away from the Sam-thing, Pan took to the air in the small room. He had glimpsed Nicole's armor before, back in the week or so when he had lived on the street, before he came to Claremont. It would probably be a good idea to get out of the way so she could work. 

"Oh, would you just be quiet." Demons entering Claremont, even if on a night where most of the teachers were gone? Probably not their best choice, honestly.

Gathering the Pixie Dust that fell from him as he flew, Pan sent it flying towards the Sam-Thing as a blast of light in the shape of a Pixie, wings and all.

Meanwhile, outside the room and merely a few meters away...

"Hey!"

Nicole rapped her knuckles on the inside of the breastplate. She was halfway in, her feet dangling in the air as she tried to pry open Bellios.

She could hear the sounds of fighting and the screams of the possessor, though from what she could hear she almost pitied it.

Almost.

Now she only needed to get the hunk of junk working. She tried pushing past the activation wards only for purple electricity to arc outward, singing the hallway, followed by a crack like thunder.

Nicole poked her head out, saw the damage, then promptly ducked back inside her armour.

"Damn it."

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Floating backwards away from the possessed would-be summoner, Gauss held the grimoire in one hand and fished a washer from her pocket.  "You know, your sales pitch leaves a lot to be desired.  When you get back to your realm, consider consulting with a marketing firm," she taunted.

Her left eye and right hand glowed with a violet light as the piece of hardware zipped through the air, narrowly missing Sam and embedding itself in the drywall.

• 2 weeks later...

In this moment, Lulu quickly realized the limitations of her mental powers when facing a threat; she had no ability to inflict any sort of physical harm to the possessed boy, not that she was eager to hurt poor dumb idiot Sam. So all she could really do at this point was double down on her stun and hope she could set up one of the others to dish out the pain.

"Stay down, you evil bastard!"

Edited by Heritage

GM

The demon's mind felt like it was full of angry bees and the constant screaming of a terrified child. It made it hard for it do much of anything or even concentrate. Still, the creature managed to endure the myriad of assaults that came its way, if only just barely. 

The Foreverworlder tried to hit it with energies that the demon could only assume was connected to the loathsome fey. It managed to dodge the pixie blast with his augmented reflexes, leaping out of its way with all the grace of an enraged tiger.

The demon noticed how the blast didn't immediately dissipate once it missed him but instead hovered in the air above him. He didn't have much time to think about it though since it had to narrowly avoid a heavy piece of hardware that almost caught his head. 

"Again you strike at me as if I was just a simple pest! I am so much more. And I refused to be trifled with---"

The monster was cut off mid-sentence as Crystal-Gazer once again tried to shut down its mind. He wasn't even over the side effects of her last intrusion and barely managed to withstand her psychic assault this time around. He had to pray to his dark god for salvation. 

"My Master!" The demon raised its stolen hands and called out to the air. "They are too mighty for me. Lend me your power so that I may crush them in your name."

A silky-smooth voice seemingly coming from nowhere was suddenly heard throughout the rec room.

Sigh. I am busy, worm, but if you are too pathetic to break this little enhancement than I suppose I'll take pity on you this one time and one time only. 

A loud snap followed and the demon felt the angry bees leave his mind. Even Sam's wailing voice quieted. 

Do you see now mortals! My Master Baal is both powerful and kind. Unfortunately for you I won't be after the humiliations you all part me through. No, no. I want to hear you scream and cower for your transgressions against me!

The creature wearing Sam's body started levitating a few inches off the ground and began some incarnation that sounded like a series of harsh shrieks and growls. When it was finished all the Claremont students were hit with thoughts of utter terror and saw and heard dark energies and voices fill the room in a flash. 

Edited by Cubismo

Oh, this demon was just annoying, was it not? They almost had it, it looked like Lulu had it on the ropes, and then it called for help. What kind of demon went and called for help from its master, when things were going South? And then it started floating above the ground, shrieking and growling, doing something to them that Pan just couldn't quite feel. What was it? That feeling? One he hadn't felt in quite some time? Oh yes, fear. Such an interesting concept. 

"Is that it? Trying to scare us? We Claremonters are made of sterner stuff, demon!" he quickly announced, all but oblivious to any effects the wave of fear might have on his friends. 

A two-pronged attack, then! Catch the Sam-thing by surprise while it was busy howling and shrieking and generally being a nuisance! The glowing pixie that had gone far around the demon that wore Sam as a pair of brand new pants turned around, flying straight at it from behind. Then, once the Pixie Blast either missed or connected, Pan focused the Pixie Dust that was by now filling the air around them from his flying, trying once more to create a set of binding bands around the Sam-thing to hinder its movements.

Nicole looked out the window and sees the quiet of a dark winter night. Her reflection stared back at her. Her eyes were tired, lips drooping down in defeat. They had been that way for a long time now.

With a sigh, she lowered her head, eyes catching a stray spark coming from her hand and it only further serves to dampen her spirits. She knew it. She knew she was back again living her old memories as a young girl, someone who seemed like an entirely different person. It was so easy to drift into the past when one remembered everything, to choose the happy memories and push away the bad and tiring.

She was young once, full of spirit and confidence and drive. But when your old and you find your dreams crushed again and again, it chips away at you. Never again she said at the twenty-ninth time her idea was ground into the ground. Never again when her husband left her when she turned all her energies into her craft. Never again as her father enacted his masterplan and escaped with her armour and wealth and siblings.

What was it all for? For a one room apartment, barely heated in the cold months and sparsely furnished, as if no one truly lived here, or if one did then she was too far gone from reality to care. For a life where she knew the end and it was like this, to stay indoors every day and sit on her wheelchair, reliving times that were happier and fuller on promise.

She was still so damn intelligent, but she couldn't think anymore, couldn't invent and innovate because she felt so tired to do so. And that was when they all left. Her friends and her family. All they really wanted from her was her mind and what came from that mind. Money, success, inventions and theories and new arcane lore. Bereft of that and she was merely a fixture in her one room apartment.

The hand on her lap twitched, drawing sparks from the fingertips. She looked down at it and made it twitch again. And again. And again.

She opened her eyes to the sight of her wards glowing hot red as they protected her from the worst of the assault. She could still see the mental image branded on her mind and it shook her, but defended like this, she was able to stomp forward into the room where three Claremont students fought their demon-possessed schoolmate.

"Demon." She spat, her hand crackling with electricity. "Try something harder."

And she swept her hand forward. The stored energy cracking free like a whip as it flew towards Sam.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

As the Sam-Thing's growls and chants filled the air, Selena's vision swam for a second.  For the briefest of moments she was back on the beach in Puerto Rico where her near accident with an out of control vehicle had caused her powers to awaken for the first time.  The roar of a van's engine and the screech of failing brakes pounded in her ears, the site of watching herself and her friends walking back by the boardwalk but this time being struck by the cargo van left her uneasy.  Her nerve was shaken further when as it vehicle passed her, instead of being driven by the terrified man who had been stuck behind the wheel, Sam sat in the driver's seat, his eyes wide and filled with the fires of hell.

At that Gauss was suddenly back in the rec room at Claremont with her friends, a tomb of forbidden knowledge in her hands and her breath coming in sharp, ragged gasps.  "Okay, that was not cool," she muttered before hurling a chair at the possessed teen.

He was trying to do something, to all of their minds. Lulu could sense it, but the wall of her will was too strong for this pathetic worm from Hell to push through, and the young telepath swatted aside his attack with contempt. They didn't have time for this; something told her there was a lot more to this then one minor demon squeezing its way through a protective circle. No, this vile little turd worked for someone, a master with a slick tongue and a lot more resources to draw upon, and the sooner they knocked this critter out of Sid's skull, the better it would be for everyone.

The redhead took a long deep breath through her nostrils, held it for a count of three and then slowly let it out as she felt her mind become more focused, sharp like a blade of steel. There was an unfamiliar weight to this 'blade', and she could almost picture herself cradling its cold fury in her hands. Tilting her head downward, she peered at the possessed boy, her eyes flashing with rage and determination as her whole body became taut; in the good Lord's name, she would strike down this demon and send it screaming all the way back to Hell! She screamed, but her mortal cry was nothing compared to the howl that rang through the psychic plane as the blade came crashing down.

"Ah said, get out of that boy's head!"

-GET OUT OF HIS HEAD!-

And with that, Lulu suddenly collapsed to the floor, drenched in sweat and panting with effort, shivering from cold and exhaustion.

Edited by Heritage

The demon's luck had finally run out. Half of its foe were completely unaffected by his terror spell while the other two were only marginally affected. All in all, his magic trump card was a bust and now it was the one who was afraid. Fear was a new emotion for it, usually it was the one that brought terror. It didn't have much time to contemplate these new feelings of shock and terror though as it was too busy getting beaten up by the quadrant of young heroes. 

Forever Boy's encircling Pixie Dust got him first, striking him in a flash of magical glitter the moment his feet returned to the ground after casting its spell. It was quickly followed up by a stream of magical bonds that this time hit their mark. The demon thrashed and screamed but even with its strength it was left immobilized. It's helpless state made it so much easier for a returned Salvo to blast it with her armor's excess energies. Somehow the demon managed to tank the blast, though the same couldn't be said for the front doors of the rec room, which simply put longer existed being a giant hole. To add that humiliation just as it was about to shriek out words of defiance and hate it was slammed by a nearby chair which knocked the air right of Sam's already quite bruised body.  

That blow and all the others were the final straw. Knowing that its master would not save it again the demon started to panic, its mind frantic and vulnerable. This gave Crystal-Gazer the perfect opportunity to deliver the psychic equivalent of a coup de grace that cut through the demon's crumpling mental barriers like a blade through flesh. The demon gave one last scream, which was more pitiable than nightmare-inducing, just before its hold on Sam's body and soul was shattered and it was flung back to the Hell from which it came. 

Sam was freed. Horribly beat up and unconscious. But he was breathing and now free of possession.

It was quick, it was glorious. Everyone working in concert, everything hitting just right, and then, the Sam-thing fell, as Crystal-Gazer finally drove the demon out. "That was amazing!" Pan triumphantly shouted, directed at everyone in the room. He might have wanted to take a moment to just enjoy the victory, but really, there was no time for that. Sam had spoken of the rest of his little group, and what they had done. Who knew if anyone else could have been affected in the same way as Sam, or worse?

Landing by Sam's side, Pan quickly tried tending to him. Maybe he could bring him back to the land of the talking and thinking, hopefully with a little less demonic baggage. "I honestly don't know much about what I'm doing here, if any of you wish to aid me!"

Salvo

"Then stop trying to fix him," Salvo snapped at the petty thief as she held a hand to Gauss for the grimoire of rituals the Senior had taken. She saw that Gauss was pretty shaken from the demon's control of fear and she could only imagined what her friend saw in that one moment.

"You going to be okay?" She asked in a softer tone as she took the grimoire.

Then Salvo began flipping through the first few pages, steel fingers clumsy with such a delicate task, but she continued to flip through the grimoire, tearing several pages in the process.

Pan's attempts too could do something similar if Sam's injuries proved worse than first glance. Crystal-Gazer's latest show of power was entirely undocumented from what Salvo knew and it even left her armour's wards glowing softly and strained after they had absorbed the mental emmissions from the attack. Most of the blast had been directed the demon's way but even then it could have hurt the other students and so there was no telling the effects on Sam's brain.

"None of us knows first aid and even so, serves him right for what he's done."

She snapped the tome shut and replayed the memories of the pages in her mind, walking to the ruined rec room doors behind Sam. She looked back at Crystal-Gazer's prone form, still shivering.

"She going to be okay?" Salvo asked Gauss. "We need to get going yesterday and I'm not carrying an unconscious Sophie."

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

"Yeah, I'll be fine.  The Deadite wannabe just called up memories of the day my powers woke up and then started messing with them to show me and my friends actually getting hit by the van instead of me sending it flying," Selena said, her breathing and heartbeat slowly getting back to normal.

After handing the book to her armor clad friend she moved over to Lulu to check on her.  "Hey.  Lulu.  That was awesome," she said pulling the young psychic to her feet and back over to the table where their drinks from earlier sat, miraculously unharmed.  "Drink up, catch your breath, we've got at least two more poor dumb pendejos to save from their idiocy and lower heads."

Floating over to Sam's unconscious form she kneeled down next to Pan.  "I've at least started some first aid classes," she said, checking the would-be summoner's pulse and breathing.

The redheaded psychic finally managed to sit up, looking around blearily, her sweat-soaked hair all in disarray. "Did ah get the sumbitch? Ah sure hope so, 'cause that took a lot out of me." She allowed herself to be lead back to the table, where the sight of piles of candy and bottles of soda suddenly made her ravenous. "Oh my Lord; where's a Snickers? Momma needs a bit of protein!" She quickly tore open the wrapper of a Fun Sized treat and wolfed it down with a swig of Coke, giving herself a massive sugar rush. Staring over at the unconscious Sam as she munched on peanuts and nougat, she shrugged.

"Probably safe to go back in now, right? Now that we kicked out the noisy neighbors?" And with that, she did a deep dive into the boy's memory, prepared to bat aside whatever ridiculous sexual fantasies awaited her as she tried to gather as much intel on the stupid little cabal and its disastrous ritual as she could.