Ink (OOC)

RocketLord

Notice check: 25. Just barely passed.

Free Action: Use Extra Effort for a new save to shake off a lasting-duration effect, in this case, a new Will save against the Fear effect from Horus.

Will save: 9. Natural "1".

Reaction: Burn his last Hero Point to keep from being Fatigued next round. (I don't think your totals took into account his failed reroll from last round, so I'm pretty sure that was his last HP.)

Free Action: Reconfigure the array to the Autofire and Claws/Fangs AP.

Standard Action: Melee attack.

Accurate Attack for +2 Attack / -2 Damage.

All-Out Attack for +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

Attack roll: 21.

If that hits, then it's a DC23 (+1 for every 2 points over her Defense) Toughness save against Lethal damage.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I must have forgotten to remove that HP. Fixed from this point on.

That's a hit, with +1 to DC, so TOU vs. DC24: 25

The cultist makes the save

31 - Ronin - Uninjured - 2HP
24 - Lady Horus - Uninjured - 0HP
24 - Wadjet - Uninjured
24 - Cultist 1 (Illusion Creator) - Uninjured
21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x4), Staggered
12 - Mr. Strix  - Shaken - 0HP - Defense -2 till next turn
10 - Cultist 3 (Shadow) - Unconscious
7 - Dr. Thorne - Uninjured - 2HP

Current situation around the room:
The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is blocking the doorway into the room, having just been punched by Liam from behind. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Ronin. Wadjet is in the hallway, next to the big cultist, learning that he's knife proof. Liam is in the room behind Cultist 2. Cultist 1 has retreated to the corner the furthest away from the door, with Strix and Lady Horus in front of her, Strix being in melee range. Ink is dripping from the books on the table.

@Tiffany Korta is up

Edited by RocketLord

That's a hit. TOU: 18

And since he's staggered, cultist 2 finally goes down, no longer blocking the door.

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured
21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Unconscious

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is knocked out in the doorway, with Liam next to it. Ronin is outside the room. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Ronin. Wadjet is in the hallway, next to the big cultist, learning that he's knife proof. Liam is in the room behind Cultist 2. Cultist 1 has retreated to the corner the furthest away from the door, with Strix and Lady Horus in front of her, Strix being in melee range. Ink is dripping from the books on the table.

An IC post from @Tiffany Korta, then @Supercape is up

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is knocked out in the doorway, with Liam next to it. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor. Wadjet is in the hallway, next to the big cultist, learning that he's knife proof. Liam is in the room behind Cultist 2. Cultist 1 has retreated to the corner the furthest away from the door, with Strix, Ronin and Lady Horus in front of her, Strix and Ronin being in melee range. Ink is dripping from the books on the table.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but there is the ink dripping from the books at the table, which Strix called out to inform the rest of. That, and the still standing cultist, is the only so far unhandled things in the fight. Of course, you don't know exactly what they were doing yet. Let me know if you need more info.

Okay, as per our chat discussion, I'm going to hold my action and give people a chance to Aid - either through the actual use of the Aid action or a power-stunt (as with the magic characters) 

Anna has 26 PP to sink into the countering effect, so we'll call that 13. What all can people give me here, @Tiffany Korta and @Grumblefloof? (I assume Ronin and Wadjet will be busy busting mooks) 

Mister Strix will use one of the rank 8 powers in his array (or the array itself) to Aid Lady Horus's power check. Since he's Shaken, he's at -2 on all checks, so it's effectively rank 6.

Aid check (DC10): 14.

That gives Lady Horus +2 on her check.

@RocketLord, on account of the descriptor for this action, please feel free to give Strix a complication for massive blood loss, such as forcing him to save against an attack effect like Damage, or inflicting Fatigue conditions.

Wait, how does that math work?

My understanding is that one character, presumably Horus, would roll a power check to counter, and everyone trying to help would roll an Aid check against DC10, providing a +2 bonus to the "lead" character if they succeed (and another +1 for every 10 points they score over that DC10). It doesn't look like Tiff rolled a power check to Aid at all? I get that the 13 is Horus's effective power rank, but where are the two "8"s coming from?

@Grumblefloof: Let's hit you with a Fatigue effect, and that's +1HP.

So, while we know that Lady Horus will succeed, Cultist 1 do get to go before Mr. Strix and Dr. Thorne, so...

Seeing that Lady Horus is up to something, the cultist targets her, throwing a blast of ink right at her: 15

And that's a miss. 

@Avenger Assembled Do your thing!

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured
12 - Mr. Strix  - Shaken, Fatigued - 1HP - Defense -2 till next turn

Edited by RocketLord
  • 3 weeks later...