Ink (OOC)

RocketLord

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Grumblefloof I think that Lady Horus, Ronin, Wadjet and Doctor Thorne is in the room with the books, where they have currently started setting the ink on fire... including the ink that is pouring into the floor below, where Mr. Strix is currently clinging to the ceiling. Lady Horus' last strike created holes to the floors further below, which the burning ink is now falling into, though there is still a lot of it in the same room as Mr. Strix.

Ok, I think I've got it.

Strix will try to capture a sample of the ink in his room, using Wall-Crawling and Leaping as necessary to keep from touching it directly. Is there anything in the room with him that would make a suitable improvised container, or should he burn a Hero Point for a temporary Equipment feat rank?

Of course, there was also still their original reason for entering the building. The group that was in the top room of the building. If they were even still there.

[TORRENT OF FRUSTRATED EXPLETIVES]

See, this is why I was asking for clarification as to what exactly was going on in terms of space and location.

I thought we were in the top floor. I thought the room with the books and the animated ink was the top floor.

EDIT: The longer I think about this, the angrier and more frustrated I get. My PC has basically been idle and useless for several posts now, and that wouldn't have happened if I'd gotten the clarification on the local geography that I specifically asked for.

As I said in chat, my bad, I misunderstood the situation question. 

Anyway, to make it clear: The room with the books (where every page is now blank if anyone checks them) is about 2 floors from the top. To speed it up a bit, there will be traces of ink (like smudged ink on a paper) everywhere, pretty clearly leading to a specific room that's roughly in the middle of the building. No windows or anything like that into it.

Misunderstandings all around. I'll live.

Mister Strix will activate Mist Form again, in the hopes that this will best help him bypass any obstacles or other guards, and he'll and get upstairs as fast as he can. He has Flight 3, so that's a 50MPH cruising speed.

Assuming no one's around to try to stop him, Strix will attempt to break the door down, and probably tank the alpha strike.

BREAKING OBJECTS
If you want to attack an object that you have in-hand or that no one is preventing you from attacking, such as smashing down a door, bending a metal bar, snapping bonds, or cutting through a wall with a Blast power, you can apply force more effectively. This requires a full-round action. Instead of rolling, assume the object’s Toughness save result is equal to (5 + Toughness). Super-Strength adds +1 per rank to your normal Strength bonus for damaging objects in this way (and only in this way). If your damage bonus is equal to the object’s Toughness, you break it, 5 or more than the object’s Toughness, you destroy it automatically.

Strix has Strength +8 and Super-Strength 2, for a total of +10.