Ink (OOC)

RocketLord

Current situation around the room:

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is blocking the doorway into the room. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Ronin. Wadjet is in the hallway, next to the big cultist, learning that he's knife proof. Lady Horus and Liam is in the room behind Cultist 2. Mr. Strix is a bit further into the small room, with Cultist 1 having retreated to the corner the furthest away from Lady Horus.

31 - Ronin - Uninjured - 2HP

24 - Lady Horus - Uninjured - 0HP

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

24 - Cultist 1 (Illusion Creator) - Uninjured

21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x4), Dazed

12 - Mr. Strix  - Shaken - 2HP

10 - Cultist 3 (Shadow) - Unconscious

7 - Dr. Thorne - Uninjured - 2HP

@Grumblefloof you're up, followed by @Tiffany Korta

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Action: Reconfigure Vampire array to the mind-reading bite.

Move Action: If necessary, maneuver to line up a Charge on Cultist 1.

Standard Action: Attempt to initiate another grapple on Cultist 1 with a Charge attack.

Charge gives +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

All-Out Attack for another +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

Strix's Attack roll: 23.

If the attack roll is successful:

Strix's Grapple check: 29.

If his attack hits, and he wins the contested grapple check, then in addition to the normal result (victim is Pinned, or Bound if he wins by 5+), she will need to make a Will save against the linked Nauseate + Mind Reading effect, and Strix's blood-sourced Postcognition effect will also be triggered.

Since both the Nauseate and Mind Reading effects target Will, she will only need to make one save, which will be compared against both.

The Nauseate effect has a static difficulty, DC18.

The Mind Reading effect is a contested Will save vs power check.

Strix's Mind Reading check: 19.

If Strix wins, then I get to ask one question to represent knowledge he has gained from reading her mind.

The effect is both +Insidious and +Subtle, so it will not be immediately obvious to either the victim or any observers what is happening.

You may or may not require any checks for the Postcognition.

If you do:

Notice check: 9.

Search check: 12.

Strix is at Defense +4 (DC14) until his next action.

If the grapple is successful, then he's flat-footed (Defense +2 / DC12) against everyone except the person he's grappling.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a hit on Cultist 2

TOU vs. DC23, and with 4 bruises: 11

Cultist 2 is staggered and dazed.

Everyone: Notice DC25 check, if you make it, read the spoiler:

Ink has begun to drain from the books on the table in the middle of the room that the cultists were previously grouped around.

@Supercape is up, followed by @Avenger Assembled

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is blocking the doorway into the room, having just been punched by Liam from behind. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Ronin. Wadjet is in the hallway, next to the big cultist, learning that he's knife proof. Lady Horus and Liam is in the room behind Cultist 2. Mr. Strix is a bit further into the small room, with Cultist 1 having retreated to the corner the furthest away from Lady Horus.

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x4), Dazed, Staggered

Edited by RocketLord

@Grumblefloof and @Avenger Assembled got a choice to make. Are you gonna submit to the ink (she'll want you to touch it), or keep attacking? 

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x4), Dazed, Staggered

Heck no - Lady Horus is going to line up a shot where she hits Cultist 1 into Cultist 2, though, by means of hitting Cultist 1 hard enough with her ankh that she inflicts knockback. Luckily 1 should be flat-footed at this juncture from the trick. (maybe?) 

Let me know what DC I need to hit for that, and I'll make the preparations I need. 

To do that, you'd need to move around Cultist 1, who is more or less completely in the corner of the room, without really wanting to get out of there, while Cultist 2 is at the doorway at the opposite side of the room, with Strix and Liam in between. Not saying that it's impossible, but you'd need a lot of maneuvering, and besides, Strix and Liam is up first.

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is blocking the doorway into the room, having just been punched by Liam from behind. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Ronin. Wadjet is in the hallway, next to the big cultist, learning that he's knife proof. Liam is in the room behind Cultist 2. Cultist 1 has retreated to the corner the furthest away from the door, with Strix and Lady Horus in front of her, cornering her.

Edited by RocketLord

Actually, Strix charged into melee with Cultist 1 after she retreated into the corner of the room. So he's right up in the corner with her. There may or may not be room on either side of him to get at her, but he's literally got her cornered.

Sorry for the delay here.

I expect I'll be able to get a post up tomorrow.

If you want to get this moving before then, feel free to skip me and assume I used the Delay action to move down the Initiative order.