Ink (OOC)

RocketLord

She's going to backstab Cultist 1 by approaching with her Concealment up (so hopefully catching him flat-footed) - she'll have to lose her Concealment to hit him since it's passive, but that's OK! 

http://orokos.com/roll/712549 = 11

That's ridiculous! 

I'll spend her _last_ HP on this - you'd better be a good friend, Mr. Strix. =D 

http://orokos.com/roll/712550 = 24 with the HP! 

That triggers the crit, too, so that's DC 34! 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be sure: Cultist 1 is in the middle of the room (I realized I made a typo in previous situation post, sory), how are you approaching from behind while getting around the door currently blocked by Cultist 2 that Strix and Ronin is fighting, with Cultist 3, the one with the shadows behind them. From your earlier post, I'm guessing you approach and stab the shadow cultist, Cultist 3, right?

For the sake of keeping things moving, I'll assume you're going for the shadow cultist, Cultist 3, and roll his Toughness: 17

Fail by 17, so Cultist 3 is KO, if I was right in my assumption. 

Wadjet is up, otherwise I'll go with Cultist 1 and 2 once I get the chance after your IC post. 

Current situation around the room: Mr. Strix is standing at the doorway, with the hulking Cultist 2 in front of him, blocking him from entering. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. They are surrounded by 4 black humanoids that seem to be made out of Ink. If you interact with them, DC15 Will Save to see that they're illusions. Cultist 3 behind Mr. Strix has just been knocked out by Lady Horus. Dr. Thorne is outside the room as well, and Wadjet should be able to reach it this turn. Cultist 1 is still inside the room.

31 - Ronin - Uninjured - 1HP

24 - Lady Horus - Uninjured - 0HP

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

24 - Cultist 1 - Uninjured

21 - Cultist 2 - Uninjured

12 - Mr. Strix  - Shaken - 2HP

10 - Cultist 3 - Unconscious

7 - Dr. Thorne - Uninjured - 2HP

Again: Disregard all of above if I'm wrong about the attack being at the Shadow Cultist, and I'll redo this post.

There's a -4 to hit since Cultist 2 is in melee with Mr. Strix, but that's still a hit. Toughness Save for Cultist 2: 12: Dazed and bruised, but still blocking the doorway!

Cultist 1 tries to posses Lady Horus, and the ink illusions around vanish. @Avenger Assembled, give me a DC16 Will Save for Lady Horus. Failure means you get possessed. Waiting with IC until I get the effect of that.

Current situation around the room: Mr. Strix is standing at the doorway, with the hulking Cultist 2 in front of him, blocking him from entering. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. They are surrounded by 4 black humanoids that seem to be made out of Ink. If you interact with them, DC15 Will Save to see that they're illusions. Cultist 3 behind Mr. Strix has just been knocked out by Lady Horus. Dr. Thorne is outside the room as well, and Wadjet is in the hallway, having taken a shot. Cultist 1's status depends on whether possession fails or not.

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

24 - Cultist 1 (Illusion Creator) - Uninjured

21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x1), Dazed

10 - Cultist 3 (Shadow) - Unconscious

Free Action: Reconfigure array to activate Mist Form AP.

Free Action: Activate mist form.

Move Action: Slip past Cultist 2 into the room.

Free Action: Deactivate mist form.

Standard Action: Charge Cultist 1 and attempt to initiate a grapple.

Charge adds +2 Attack and -2 Defense.

All-Out Attack for another +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

Shaken condition gives -2 (when's he gonna get a new Will save to shake that off?).

Attack roll: 25.

If that hits:

Grapple check: 31.

Regardless, Strix is at Defense +4 (DC14) until his next action.

If the grapple is successful, then he's flat-footed (Defense +2 / DC12) to everyone except the person he's grappling.

Current situation around the room:

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is blocking the doorway into the room. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Lady Horus. Dr. Thorne is outside the room as well, and Wadjet is in the hallway, having taken a shot. Cultist 1 is in the room, being grappled by Mr. Strix.

And a crit too! But sadly, he got immunity to crits!

Toughness Roll vs DC23 = 22

Another bruise!

Current situation around the room:

The Cultist 2 (the big cultist) is blocking the doorway into the room. Ronin has reached outside the room and shot at Cultist 2. Liam is in front of Cultist 2, punching. Cultist 3 (the Shadow cultist) is on the floor, between Cultist 2 and Lady Horus. Dr. Thorne is outside the room as well, and Wadjet is in the hallway, having taken a shot. Cultist 1 is in the room, being grappled by Mr. Strix.

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

24 - Cultist 1 (Illusion Creator) - Uninjured, Grappled

21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x2), Dazed

@Supercape, you're up!

So I think that Cultist 2 is the obvious choice of target as before. However, I imagine that Liam is kind of in the way! But, Ronin has Precise Shot 2!

So, he isn't go to do anything particularly fancy but fire a bolt of steel at that nasty fellow! This time, shifting attack -2 attack, +2 DC

Fire bolt at Cultist: 1d20+12 18 which may miss. If it does not, then a DC 21 Tough Save. 

That's a hit, and Toughness roll = 11

I'll veto that to just being a bruise instead of stagger, just to keep him in the battle a bit longer, so +1HP for Ronin.

31 - Ronin - Uninjured - 2HP

24 - Wadjet - Uninjured

24 - Cultist 1 (Illusion Creator) - Uninjured, Grappled

21 - Cultist 2 (Big Brute) - Bruise (x3)

@Avenger Assembled, you're up!

Edited by RocketLord

Lady Horus switches her Super-Speed array to Teleport 3 (300 ft) (Extra: Accurate, Affects Others, Flaw: Short-Range Only, PF: Turnabout) {10/10}.

She grabs Dr. Thorne and they teleport together into the room Cultist 2 is guarding. 

Once there, she stabs him in the back as hard as she can. 

http://orokos.com/roll/715247 = 19 

If that hits him (especially flat-footed from the surprise teleport) that's a DC 29 Toughness save.