Mister Strix

The man in white rose to his feet and stepped back into the room, his confident stride and fluid movements indicating that his previous superhuman vigor had been restored. He wiped a stray drop of blood from his mouth onto the knuckles of his white fingerless glove, staining it crimson.

"Whatever it was that possessed these people is gone now. Their blood is normal." And sweet. So sweet. They have so much more. One more drink couldn't hurrr-NO.

"If it gets a chance it's going to want revenge on at least myself and probably everyone that stop it.”

"A wise man once said, 'When you seek revenge, be prepared to dig two graves'. I dug myself up out of one grave already. Bedlam is MY city. If this thing returns, then I'll be here to stop it. And if it comes down to it, you people will be here...to stop me."

With that, the man in white evaporated into mist again, and flew out the door, leaving a gust of wind in his passing.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well get in line ya penny-ante operators! 

"Lo, if they seek the Sunhawk, they know where to find her. Come, Wadjet!" declared Lady Horus. "Our city awaits!" And with that, she was gone up in the sky and into the cold of a Wisconsin winter. Wadjet took the opportunity of her mentor's spectacular exit to make her own more clandestine departure.  

GM

As the man, the vampire and the goddess left, each to tend to their own, they would find a city restored. Perhaps, restored was too strong a word, for this was Bedlam, after all. At the very least, the chaos created by the Ink God were fading. Labels, prints, books and screens once more showed the letters and numbers that one would expect. The paychecks made out to the CEO of Snacktastic once again showed the proper names. The lotto numbers on all tickets had changed. No one won the prize, after all. Labels of medicine, the value of bills, all had been restored. A small victory, but a victory nonetheless. Gone, but not defeated, the Ink God would wait, with its promise of revenge.

With the books at the Snacktastic site once again showing only mundane subjects, it seemed that Doctor Thorne had nonetheless taken them under her care, to be kept secure, if the ink was still tainted.

By Christmas Eve, all signs of the Ink God had disappeared from the city. From everywhere but the map in Doctor Thorne's office, at least. The roads remained scrambled, the map remained redrawn. Every day or so, the exact position of the map would change.

On New Years Eve, the changes stopped, a simple message scrawled across the map in thick, dark, ink, being all that remained:

I REMEMBER, ROSA THORNE