Wolfman (PL10) - Shawn

Wolfman
Power Level: 10 (150/150PP)
Unspent Power Points: 0
Trade-Offs: +2 Attack / -2 Damage, +2 Defense / -2 Toughness

In Brief: Mutant wolf man, adjusting to the anthropomorphic life.

Catchphrase:

Theme:

Alternate Identity: Jack Morgan (public)
Birthplace: Freedom City

Residence: Parkside
Base of Operations:
Affiliations:
Family: None that want him anymore.

Description:
Apparent Age: adult
Ethnicity: born half African-American, half Chinese
Height: 7'2"
Weight: 350 pounds
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White

A very tall and muscular bipedal wolf.  His head is that of a wolf, but with with features that allow him to talk like a normal human. His body is covered in white fur. His hands are human-like, but he is able to use his fingernails as slashing claws. His legs and feet are like that of the hind legs of a wolf. He has a long fluffy tail that moves as he does. He wears shorts to hide his business, but other than that, nothing else

History: Jack was an outdoorsman. He loved (and still does) getting out in nature. Hiking, living off the land. It brought him happiness. His father being a business type that never shared his interests, and his mother too busy in her own social circles. Being an already genetically gifted guy, he played sports; mainly basketball and baseball. Though he could have went to college either of them, he decided that once he left the nest, he was going out into the wilderness to live. While it was pristine and perfect for about the first year, he began to have weird dreams. Seeing himself (he knew it was him) as a wolf. A white one to be specific. He was alone. He hunted alone. He was lonely. The dreams grew more aggressive as the wolf would growl and bark and howl it's discontent of loneliness. He knew there was a message here, but he enjoyed the isolation. The last dream saw the wolf version of himself and the human version of himself merge into a humanoid wolf. It traveled to the city. It helped people. Like a hero. And when he woke up, the message was clear. He didn't want to go back, but he had to. When he woke up, the change was real! He was a large bipedal wolfman! How was he going to explain this to anyone? Freedom City was a city of heroes, but being a giant wolf? That was definitely not the spandex type. Still, he had a mission. He wondered how far he could get. When he got back to Freedom City, his family was shocked and scared. They didn't want anything to do with him. So, he lived among the hero population for a while, eventually finding stable housing and work. It wasn't the comfy life he grew up in. It wasn't the outdoors he loved. But it was his destiny.

Personality & Motivation: Jack is a jovial guy! He loves cracking jokes and talking to his peers. The outdoors is his playground. When he's not saving the day as a hero, he practically lives in Liberty Park. Though he has an apartment on the west side of it. Though in his heroic persona, he's much more a scary type. Speaking very little, and growling mostly. Though people who know him know that's not him. He's motivated to help people through the goodness of his heart. But really? He thinks there's something to this giant bipedal wolf form. Like some kind of fate. So he's working on the meaning of it all as well.

Powers & Tactics: Due to his mutation he is stronger, more agile, and hearty. He can run fast and jump high. His nose and eyes are that of a wolf, so he can smell better and see in darker places. His fingernails are replace with sharp black claws that he can retract. His method of attack is a straightforward one. Chase down the villain and fight them into submission.While his leaping does allow him go get off the ground, he's very weak against flying villains. 

Power Descriptions: While he thinks there's something to it, there isn't. He's a mutant. His powers are all mutation. He's never going to turn back into a human.

Complications:

Colorblind: He only has red and blue receptors, as a wolf does.

Stuck Like This: He cannot be anything other than a large bipedal wolf.
Unknown Purpose: He will follow anything he thinks will solve the riddle of his form.

Weirdness: Interactions with people are bound to be awkward sometimes.

Wolf Tendencies: As he grows into it more, his actions will become more lupine.

Abilities: 4 + 4 + 6 + 4 + 6 + 4 = 28PP
Strength: 22/14 (+6/+2)
Dexterity: 20/14 (+5/+2)
Constitution: 22/16 (+6/+3)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Combat:  24 + 24 = 48PP
Initiative: +9
Attack: +12 Melee, +12 Ranged
Defense: +12 (+12 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Grapple: +18
Knockback: -4, -3 Flat-Footed

Saving Throws: 4 + 4 + 4 = 12PP
Toughness: +8 (+6 Con, +2 Defensive Roll)
Fortitude: +10 (+6 Con, +4)
Reflex: +9 (+5 Dex, +4)
Will: +7 (+3 Wis, +4)

Skills: 56R = 14PP

Acrobatics 8 (+13)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Notice 12 (+15)

Search 4 (+6)

Stealth 8 (+13)

Survival 12 (+15)

Swim 4 (+10)

Feats: 14PP

Defensive Roll 2

Distract (Intimidate)

Elusive Target

Endurance

Evasion

Improved Initiative

Improved Trip

Power Attack

Startle

Takedown Attack 2

Teamwork

Uncanny Dodge (auditory)

Powers: 6 + 6 + 5 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 34PP

All descriptor are mutation

Enhanced Constitution 6 (body) [6PP]

Enhanced Dexterity 6 (body) [6PP]

Enhanced Feats 5 (snarling and growling; Fearsome Presence 5) [5PP]

Enhanced Strength 8 (body) [8PP]

Leaping 1 (legs; x2; 32ft moving horizontal, 16ft standing horizontal, 8ft standing vertical) [1PP]

Speed 2 (legs; 25MPH) [2PP]

Strike 2 (claws; Power Feats: Mighty) [3PP]

Super-Senses 3 (eyes and nose; low-light vision, scent, tracking) [3PP]

Drawbacks: (-0) + (-0) = -0PP

DC Block

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                EFFECT
Unarmed     Touch     DC 21 Toughness     Damage

Claws       Touch     DC 23 Toughness     Damage

Totals: Abilities (28) + Combat (48) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (14) + Feats (14) + Powers (34) - Drawbacks (0) = 150/150 Power Points

Edited by Shawn

Mechanical concerns:

You will need two descriptors where possible a source (in this case Mutation for all of them), and then one for the effect.  So strike would carry Claws or Natural Weaponry.

Also, you will need to list his leaping distances.

However, my greater concern is Fearsome Presence as a non-enhanced Feat, given the background and motivations of the character, it seems incongruous with his personality would seem dependent on his form rather than anything.

Suggestion to shave points would be to reduce the Base Attack Mod, and add an Attack Specialty in Unarmed, which is 1 PP for +2 in the relevant.  Of course if you intend to have him do range attacks then keeping as is is worthwhile.

Thank you for your review.

I have no reason to point shave, as I really don't know what else to put in there.

Fearsome Presence is not his personality its something he can do to be scary. Being a large beast, growling and snarling, and simply menacing.

I already listed claws in the Strike power before you asked. The rest I didn't think needed to be addressed, as they were on the nose as is. But they're there now.

I do not understand the question about fitting in. I mean, he's a hero. Isn't that enough to fit in?

He's been a mutant long enough to get situated in Freedom City. If you want a definite time period, I'd say one to three month.

I have books for Freedom City, not Emerald or Bedlam. So that's what I know.

I apologize for not answering earlier. Holidays and other things.

I suggested Emerald, because there is a Cryptid community there, not that it is a requirement.

So this character wouldn't likely have a Secret Identity then?  Or is unable to hide it?  So how do they contend with that?  Would they have a Public ID Complication?  If not how do they keep their heroing secret?

Or more succinctly:

We're not the Marvel Universe, where torch-wielding mobs show up if you have heterochromatia.
But there is a certain amount of mileage one needs to put in to pass in everyday life in 24/7 Crinos form.

With a character stuck in a non human form the impact of it in the background/motivation/fluff in general is essential.