Most Wonderful Time (IC)

Nightshade

Jessica was still growing into this monogamous relationship with Jack, but she felt content with him. And that was enough to keep her eyes on her pride and joy. Waking up next to him made her happy. It didn't feel like almost two months had passed (59 days but who was counting? Her, that's who). He had school, but they shared time together in his off time. Last night was one of those nights, and today was one of those days,

It was the weekend and they had actual plans. Shopping. For Christmas? Maybe, but definitely for each other. She had to contain the carnal spirit of Greed. Having a shower before he had even woke up, she stood stood over his sleeping form. She knew how he slept. Kissing him on the cheek before whispering in his ear, "time to wake the dead," she chided him playfully.

Edited by Crimson Beguiler
  • 2 weeks later...

Jack moaned incoherently and rolled over, his daily hibernation not yet ready to be over. His head sunk into the pillows as his body readjusted to the slightly different position and he was fast asleep again. Lost to the outside world amid dreams of snow and stalking prey.

Ah right, her bear had to sleep more during the colder months. She'd known the saying 'don't wake a sleeping bear'. Or something like that. The pillow wouldn't budge off his head, but there was enough of neck to see. Slowly tracing a finger up his back, she ended where his neck was, stroking it softly. But he was really asleep. Soundly, even. She enjoyed watching his sloth. If she didn't want to spend more waking time with him, she'd be right there with him, being lazy. This little conundrum would have to be solved somehow!

"Wake up," she said, louder this time. Taking the other pillow from her side she swatted him, "I'm a red snow leopard, remember," she said getting louder, "I'm gonna gonna make you my breakfast if you don't. Wake! UP!"

Edited by Crimson Beguiler

Jack mumbled something and slipped an arm around Jessica's waist and pulled her back into bed. Enwrapping her into his arms with a quiet, "mhmm that's nice..." winter months were especially hard on Jack's sleep schedule. He had already been late to several classes this year and his teachers weren't particularly endeared to him over it.

The 'red snow leopard' was taken off her feet easily by her stronger partner. The loud shouting turned into a gleeful scream as he pulled her down. "You almost broke it last night," she laughed before putting his head to his. She spoke softly in the Ket language, which he had been teaching her, <"good morning, Bear. I hope you enjoyed your sleep.">

She was sorry for waking him up, but not really, much more enjoying when he was awake than asleep. "C'mon," she said kissing his nose, "lets go. If you remember what we're going to do today."

<"I alvays enjoy sleep..."> he responded, his eyes not quite open as he replied on instinct. Jack finally gave in as Jessica pulled him upright. He stretched with a yawn and sat on the side of the bed. His head was swimming from the early rising among other things...his muscles rippled as he stretched and scratched the back of his head. "Vhy must I 'ave fallen for morning person....?" He asked himself with a chuckle. He rummaged about for a bit to find his lounge pants and slipped into them as he padded towards the bathroom, still rubbing sleep from his eyes.

If it wasn't for the connection they had, it would be for pure aesthetics. His appearance and voice. Unf. She straightened herself, almost teasing him, after picking him up. She wore a red long t-shirt with a three presents on the chest, also her favorite pair of normal formed jeans. She smirked as he grumbled, walking towards the bathroom. "We could have went last night," she verbally prodded him in a playful tone. She stopped herself from following him, or nothing would get done this morning.

She went to the kitchen, it was a small apartment, and started up eggs and bacon for sandwiches. Sure it wasn't his favorite meat, but she had nothing of that sort. A mental note to pick up some large cuts today. She quite enjoyed feasting with him as well. She enjoyed doing a lot with him. Carnal or not.

"Ha..." he said with a thick exhalation. "Ve both know you in no mood for shopping last night." He finished as he exited the bathroom and made his way over to her. The smell of food cooking brought him fully awake. He had to admit she did know better then most how to get him up in the morning.

He hugged her from behind and gently smelled her hair. As part animal he could smell more then the raspberry pomegranate shampoo she favored. Pheremones and body sweat among other chemicals all mixed beneath his nose, giving each person their own individual scent. Jess always smelled of chocolate covered strawberries. Delicious, but sinfully bad.

"Good morning Love. I see you using culinary skills to woo me once again...You do know my weaknesses..."

She winced happily when he came up behind her. Not that she had a weak spot, but he was just stronger than her! Also being more than a head taller than her, there was a menacing factor. Though fear was replaced with love or lust, depending on the situation. "Oh yeah," she said with a small laugh, "Ultimate Chef Witchblood," she affected an English accent, "your egg and bacon sandwich has a delightful amount of mayonnaise. Tell us your secret!"

She looked up at him and handed him, like, three of them. Knowing it wouldn't be enough to sate the beast's hunger, she watched him tear through them. "Just a little snack before we go out. Not the burgers you love so much, but that's for later."  His gluttony aside, she was glad he liked whatever she cooked. Or didn't cook. That raw fury of everything he did. She didn't have a nose like him, but he always smelled like her love.

"Smells wary good." He let his hand wander a bit as he ate the sandwich with the other in a couple of bites. Some bacon grease managed to dribble down his chin and he let it linger for an extra second to tease her, before wiping it away with a napkin. He licked his fingers with a nod. "That should keep beast happy for a minute." He looked to his red haired mistress. "Where we go today?" He asked. He knew she had mentioned it to him...but he had slept since then and his memory was...well his spirit animal was definitely not an elephant. 

Pulling him with no real force (he wouldn't budge if he didn't want to!) from the kitchen to the living room, she stood in front of the front door. "Me and you are just gonna have a nice day together. Without distractions. It doesn't matter what we do. But I planned to get gifts." She put her hands in his hoodie pockets, still looking at him. There was nothing there as usual, but her envy made her check. "I've been working a lot. You've been in school. You get a winter break, don't you? I wanna be prepared for that."

Though really she just was prideful of her boyfriend, she wanted the world to know they were a couple. She was his. He was hers. They rarely got out during the day. And during the night there were magic lessons, among other shenanigans. He was a very slow learner and, for him, she didn't mind spelling everything out for him. "So," she stood on her toes, still not reaching his height, "wanna?"

"Da, if dat is what yous wanting then so it shall be Lapocha." Jack said with a big grin as he zipped upped his hoodie and slipped an arm around her waist. He stepped outside with her, the cold air feeling refreshing on his bare arms and face. He scratched at the growth of beard that was forming from his lack of shaving. He normally kept it shaved for school...since he didn't want to look out of place with the other kids...but it was the weekend and he hadn't been particularly motivated. "Mine family not big into holidays, but I know it important to yous westerns gorls." He added with a chuckle.

Her Russian was faint enough to know that was an endearment. Like snow leopard. And Red. Something he called her. "Let's go, Bear," she said happily. Like him, but for different reasons, the cold didn't bother her. His big wall of muscle and her demonic blood. She tried to continue her Ket language lessons, <"you and I should make herbs first,"> she was trying to look for a word, <"Plant seeds?"> She shook her head, "well, not intricate is it," shrugging with a smile.

Their first stop was an herb shop. Cooking and other practical effects. She showed him all that she knew about the properties, mundane and otherwise. Him being a wilderness expert, he probably knew all about these. "I used to have a spot like this with your friend, Alexa. Zhu. Unfortunately we haven't spoken in a while. Hope she's OK."

"Niet I have not spoken to her in long time...I hope she well too." Jack said, a hint of sadness in his voice. Alexa had been one of his first friends. He often wondered what had become of her, if she had gone home or if something bad had befallen her...but he knew very little.

He looked over the herbs with a nod. "There be some good specimens in dis place."

• 2 weeks later...

Not that she was going to mash up a concoction on the spot, but she had ideas.  Still, there were other places to go today. The maca and mistletoe would be for later. Gathering a few specimens, among others, they wrapped it up and she paid. A short trip all things told. She could spend hours in the aromatics alone. "So, now we do something you want to do," she said as they walked out. Her holding his arm, she looked up, "going back to sleep isn't an option."

Whether he had something in mind or not, she knew which way she was going after that.