HELLQ

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
I’m Nicole Whitfield-Hall, a student at Claremont Academy.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Just Salvo if you count superhero names as nicknames. People have always called me Nicole.

What is your full birth name?
Nicole Marille Beatrice Whitfield-Hall

Where do you live?
I live in the Claremont Academy dorms, New Jersey though I have an apartment in Riverside, Freedom City I use occasionally.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
Seventeen, born 2001.

Physical Traits
What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
Female.

How would you describe your heritage?
My mom was French-Canadian and my dad was American, though they would always brag about our family’s roots in Europe. I can trace the lineage through Germany and France but all those lessons were most likely trash.

How tall are you?
5’8” 

What is your body type?
People say I’m thin, and I can’t say I’m not.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
I’m paraplegic and I’m very near-sighted. I’m also cut off from my own innate magic, something that my family relied on, so much that at times it seemed like a natural limb we were born with.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
None of that because I use a wheelchair to move. I still like to think I have some poise while sitting down.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
Brown all of it. Varying levels and tones, sure but still. Hair is brown, eyes are dark brown, skin is brown.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
I keep it medium length, down past my shoulders if I let it down even with all the curls.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Yes? Kind of. I’m not unattractive, and I’m sure there are people there who’d think of me as attractive.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
My ears are pierced. And I’ve got a birthmark behind my left shoulder that is a little darker than my skin.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
Yes. An actor or two, but only a little. It’s only evident if you hold up our photos together and only if you scrunch your eyes up.

Do you have a dominant hand?
I’m right handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
I prefer the casual chic sort of look. Blouses and jeans and shorts. Knee-length dresses when I can get away with them. Bright and bold colors too.

Do you wear makeup?
Of course, but not always. The natural look for everyday use if I have the time and darker and heavier for a night out.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
Hmmm. People say I speak fast as if I was trying to catch every word before they could escape my thoughts.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
I tend to wave and move my hands a lot when I need to carry my point or whatever I’m saying across. It’s a physical flow of my thoughts or something similar. I can’t pace so maybe this is me compensating. And no, they aren’t annoying.

History
Where do you come from?
California.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Yes. I flew from California all the way to New Jersey. And before that, I stayed in a boarding school in England, just south of Northampton. Now I live in Freedom City, mostly Claremont but I do have a condo unit.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
A patriot? Nothing like that. I’m American, but it’s a country like any other. As for the government; are you kidding? It’s pretty messed up, but in the big scheme of things it’s better than a lot of alternatives happening now. Doesn’t mean everything’s peaches and we’ve got to take things lying down.

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
Very little. It was a place to stay, barely a home really, and at times it would feel like a cage, gilded and all. My younger siblings and my nanny were the ones who made my time there bearable.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
I may have said it, but my family’s mansion was very remote. To get to the nearest big city was half an hour’s drive away; an eternity for a small kid back then.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
They were servants – cooks, maids, chamberlains, drivers, guards. All of that sort, and not one of them practiced magic. I only knew of a few who did. My parents for one, and some of their guests I barely saw.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
The students at Claremont think everything about me stems from my computers or the things I can do with scrap bits and a little chalk and charge. Well they aren’t completely wrong, but there’s more depth than that. I love to create, to find out just what I can make with as little as possible. I push myself, in my science and magic. They’re both art and all one and the same for me.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
Yes, of course. I don’t talk about it much, or think it, but my family mansion’s fire was. You’d think that just because my family didn’t care much for me as a person that I wouldn’t care when my whole life turned upside down? People died, my parents and older siblings died, and all I had to show for it was feeling like I lost parts of myself.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
I remember sneaking in to one of the art rooms my boarding school had after hours. I couldn’t sleep and in that room I met one of the teachers there, an artist who taught as a side-job, and we talked and I watched him paint until dawn. His philosophy about art felt right by me, and he put into words how I saw the world.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
I sneak out, a lot. Out of my mansion, out of my school. I still do actually. It’s a good way to see things for yourself. Even really late at night when everyone’s asleep, I could imagine the world without people. Just animals and trees and nature and things.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
I was sent to a boarding school in England. It was an international school and had the pedigree that only accepting the children of the rich and powerful could. But I felt freer there than I had in my own home, so yes, I did enjoy my time there. I was, as far as the school knew, a normal if incredibly bright girl.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
I do, and as to why I keep them? Simple. I remember everything and so they’re here in my head always. I can’t just wilfully forget.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
Perhaps I could thank my parents for their influence, even if it is twisted in a way. They are people I pity. All their material wealth, but what did any of that matter when they had lost their soul? What would they not do? That was my mantra my whole life and that conviction strengthened after I found all their illicit dealings. So I was admitted to Claremont, and there I found the resources to repair my connection to Bellios, to hold more power than I have ever known. How could I refuse the call?

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
Yes, it is. As far as most people know, Salvo’s just a hero like any other, given to fighting dangerous criminals and saving people because she can and has the abilities too. It wouldn’t have any benefit for the public to know she has daddy problems.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
None that I can remember. And I should remember everything, except, well, this blind spot in my memory when my parents' mansion burnt down.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
Honestly? Yeah. I’ve got to look like I know things, be the one in control of her mind, as if I know what I’m doing. I’m trying to put my best foot forward, so I can have a better image with other people.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
My name and image ruined, that’s what I fear. I’ve got little else but that left, and well, it’s a new leaf turned in my life. I ruin that, make people who know me turn away in shame… I wouldn’t know what to do.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
I don’t have a criminal record, because I’ve never done any criminal act. But still, dealing with my parent’s old past was the closest I got to collaborating with criminals and it felt disgusting, skeevy. Hope I never have to do that again.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
Arthur Whitfield and Amelie Hall

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
I technically was. And that was the extent of their involvement in my childhood: a legal document saying they were parents. It was my nanny who raised me. She saw me as a person with wants and fears and emotional needs. So if my parents were rich and wanted for nothing, my nanny was poor and had family problems she did not want to reveal for me, risking my worry. Fussy when they weren’t and I appreciate that all the more.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
As I said, she was poor, even working at such a high position in my family’s household. Too many bills to pay.

Where are your parents now?
Dead, though something of my father is stuck inside Bellios. Like a leech.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
We stayed in one place, but with our money, my parents and older siblings where always moving to the next business or criminal opportunity to catch their eye.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
I kept from their path as much as I could. That was the best way, otherwise they’d scrutinize you under their gaze, peeling open whatever displeases them and revealing it to the world.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
I don’t know. And I don’t particularly care. Neither would they, I think, as a person. But I’m the most valuable asset now as the only living Whitfield-Hall and they’d be rolling in their graves with how I’ve turned, I very much hope so.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
I had; all gone again. I viewed my older siblings much like I did my parents. My younger ones were who I bonded with, though we had little time when I was sent to boarding school.

What was your birth order in the family?
I’m the middle child, the third out of five siblings.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
They’re dead. How many times do I have to say it?

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
I can’t.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
I don’t hate any of them. But I do love my younger siblings.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
Greg and Belle, my two younger siblings were two of my best friends in our household, and definitely those closest to my age.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
You can say I’m the white sheep, though my younger siblings would have been too young for anything. Dad and Mom, and James and Lauren were quite steeped in our family business. Lauren least of all as she was just getting started. But me? If any of them found out what I had done, they’ get an aneurysm.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
That’s just it. My whole family line is notorious, or rather notoriously good at not being notorious. Genius and cruelty go hand in hand. Maybe I should tell about great-great-grandmother Natalie who siphoned the souls of several boroughs in rural England to fashion herself a necklace capable of eerily accurate prophecies? Also a great fashion piece.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
I don’t have either.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
Hmmm… Maybe? It’s not something I put my mind to, actually. If I meet someone that serious, then we’ll see.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
He’d be someone who I can bounce ideas off of, talk to in other words. And maybe he wouldn’t understand what I’m saying, but he’d understand me and trust me. And it’d have to go both ways.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Eli, my nanny, easy. Though it might be better to say that she was my mentor and my parent figure. As to those closer to my age, I… don’t know.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Hah, I wish I hadn’t given my answer last time, but what the hell. Sure, Eli is someone I can confide in my problems. She knows who I am and what I do, was there when I was picking myself up and encouraged me to attend Claremont. Best decision in my life.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Eli, my friends, my teachers in Claremont, my classmates in Claremont, my technically-not colleagues in ArcheTech. Hopefully I’ve made enough of an impression to have someone worry when I start not showing up.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
Any lovers? No, I’ve never had any.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
I don’t do that whole evil nemesis thing, but I’ve gone and beaten enough of my family’s old acquaintances as Salvo to have my superhero alias known in some parts of the underworld, magical or otherwise. Thing is with magic, there are a lot of high-ranking criminals who could hold you one-on-one with some crazy artefact, enough to run away from capture at least.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Hopefully they don’t connect my two identities. It’d be a disaster if they do but I’ve tried to cover as much of my tracks as possible whenever I do get into a confrontation with them. Magical, technological, you name it. Common sense-wise too.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
I don’t like it being rubbed in the face that I’ve got disabilities. But there are people who’d stoop that low to “win”.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
The people who need protecting, the people who I could help with what I know in the long run. I’m trying to undo what my family’s done, balancing the karmic scales you could say.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
Those who I know would choose the right way over the easy way. Eli, for one. Other heroes I’ve worked with can qualify. Maybe myself if I think I can.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
Everything my family stood for. Profit, power, the use of power to acquire profit. It’s selfish and horrible and hurts so many people for nothing but yourself.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Intelligence. Empathy. Wisdom. That grit to do something when faced with what empathy gives you. Intelligence? Yeah, that’s a given but I’m not such a narcissist to say I’m any good at the other things yet.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Selfishness, pride, stubbornness… Yeah, maybe I do those things too.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
I do have a secret identity. It’s an open secret in Claremont as you’d have to be pretty dumb to not see the connection between Salvo and the girl working on the armor that looks like Salvo during her spare time, right?

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
Oh I work well in teams. Point me at a problem and if I can’t outthink it, I can outshoot it.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
I am not.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Mmm. Not really. If I’m really free, which is very, very rarely. I like going down and helping with some charity work.

Personality & Beliefs
Who are your heroes?
My heroes are anyone who is willing to give their time and effort to help those who need help. These could be your super-heroes, those who fight crime and threats that require a powered response, or your everyday heroes, those who clock in the work to do their jobs. Both are heroes and both sacrifice a lot.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
*Snorts* I’ve read the reports, seen how people can fall or rise. You never know when or how it could happen, it just does sometimes. But no, I’ve gotten what I expected from others.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
I don’t just like it. I love it. I need to love it. I need to feel like I’m doing something to affect change, or to prevent the bad things from happening, that I’m making a difference even if that’s just a little bit. It’s power, creating change.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
If I’m not needed then I would. When I feel that whatever I do is worth nothing.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
I’m taking in everything I can suck into my head. I’m going to improve and make it count.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
That I could destroy everything my family has done, tear down that empire made out of crime. That I could figure out how to get my legs and my magic working again. That I could find where my siblings had gone to.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
The dark, and not because there’s some creature creeping at you from the shadows. Nah, I’ve got Bellios to protect me. It’s the dark when you’re all alone with your thoughts and everything plays out in your mind, from beginning to end. That’s why I’m always busy.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
The people I need to protect? Friends? I never really thought about being a martyr or a messianic figure. I want to live for that anything to help them while living and not dead.
How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or a do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I do like my creature comforts and the class that comes with money. It’s a means to an end that, to live a good life.

How do you generally treat others?
Like anyone would? I’m cordial, friendly, polite when I need to be and for the first impressions. But I can bring out my claws too, you know.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Well, yeah, I trust people. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, you just need to double check them, that’s all. And yes, my trust had been abused before, it’s why I double check.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I’m more extroverted, going into those night outs, but I need my time alone too. And I have enough self-confidence, maybe a bit too much even for some.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
Oh, well, I’d go talk to them. I’m single right now and, hey, a teenager. It allows me to get closer to them.

What are your most annoying habits?
I don’t have one?

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
No I do not. I’m not going to prejudice others just because.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
I’d take it in like a vacuum cleaner, or as much as I can. As for my favourite food, give me sweets and I’m good. Baked goods, cake, desserts, things like that. 

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Coffee.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Cheescake.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
No there is not.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
I like purple. And no dislike in particular.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
What’s on the radio right now. Give me something that I can bob my head to.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Like perfumes. 

Do you have a favorite animal?
Nope.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
See, it goes without saying my armor is. It’s fascinating, half of it’s my work. And, it’s like the only thing I have left from my life before.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
Creature comforts all the way.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
No there isn’t. Well, anything that requires me to, you know, use my legs.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
I am not spiritual or religious.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
No faith. My family wasn’t religious and I don’t have that spark some people would say.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
No religious organization here.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
Maybe, I don’t know. No I have not, funnily enough.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
I haven’t yet gotten into that circumstance yet, so all this is theoretical.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
When it’s the last resort. When you’re defending your or others’ lives.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
I’d be shocked, yeah. But after that, there’s action that needs to happen and if I can I would. I’d like to think I’m not friends with a killer so if a friend kills, yes my reaction would be different.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I’d take it back. I’d find a way to.

How would you react to public humiliation?
I’d run away, hide myself and retreat into my work.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
It has happened and well, I did not know what to do for a few days, staring at the wall and such. And then the work would slowly come, a trickle until it would be waves crashing to busy myself with something.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Murder. Take the life of someone, end it there and then. I don’t believe in an afterlife, so if you do that, that’s that.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
I’d find a way to stop it. I’d take those five things and shove it aside so I could get to work.

Career & Training
Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Claremont? Hah, that’s the best I could come up with. Everything else I learned on the job.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
My professors. It was a student-teacher relationship.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I’m the damn best smith-slash-inventor-slash-engineer-slash-artificer-slash-other words you’re going to meet. And if I’m not, I’m still young. I’ve got decades to become better.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
I’m a student in Claremont. Believe it or not, they actually have regular classes, even for the super-smart people. I intern at ArcheTech, working on tech and superpowers.

What is your preferred combat style?
Stay at range and keep on firing. There are people there who could give me a good beating if they got their hands on me. But I’ve got the field at range.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Sure, they're somewhere there inside a box.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
How I work. My knowledge. I’ve seen better than me so I want to improve.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
Oh, I’m actually not jealous. Just, really curious in their work, competitive.

Lifestyle & Hobbies
What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Reading on new things. Researching. Working on my craft. Talking to people. Doing homework. Attending class. That’s the normal day in Claremont. I don’t mind an interruption now and again.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I volunteer. I watch movies, though not horror. I don’t know. School maybe. They advertise these things or you get them from word-of-mouth and you decide to do it.

What do you do for fun?
I watch movies. I do random stuff at my workbench. I attend things with other people. That sort of things.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
My armor. It’s like a magic knight but cooler, more techy-like some sci-fi thing and guns. Why don’t you check my character page will you?

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Normal, everyday stuff wear. Again, my character page.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
I’ve got pyjamas. You know the type, button-down one with loose trousers. Very light. 

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
I do not have special jewelry.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
Beside or under my bed. There on in my workshop.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
I take wherever’s the easiest way for PWDs to travel. Usually that’s the subway. Long travel is by air, plane or Bellios if I can.

Miscellaneous
Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
Well, yes actually. It all goes to Elizabeth and her family. Bellios though isn’t something I can just give to anyone but I loathe the thought of it going to waste. That’s going to the Master Mage though for obvious reasons that's not in any legal document.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Uh, no.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
I did the best I could.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
I don’t cause I’ve never thought of being a threat like that. If I were to though, then that’s a whole different story.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
My intelligence.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
My inability to powers, to even moving as someone with working legs would. I know how hero’ing work goes and without Bellios, that’s a whole world I couldn’t even touch.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you.
Chill, please. Take a breather to relax. Go to the beach more or something. People aren’t going to think less of you if you do less things everyday. Try not to burn out one day. 

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
  • 8 months later...

20 QUESTIONS

1. Where is your hero from?
Emerald City, OR , US.

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?
She’s tall and on the thin side. Others wouldn’t see so much of her height as she spends her time on a wheelchair. She has frizzy hair too. 

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?
She’s pretty excitable in that nervous, too many thoughts kind of manner someone dealing with a fascinating problem they just have to solve would have. 

4. What is your hero's motivation?
To be everything her namesake is not. That’s death, of the moral kind.

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?
Her mind’s pretty damn great and so is her motivation to excel. Her heart’s still finding the right place to be and how to get there but it is, slowly. She’s too prone to tunnel-vision, her way or the highway is how it usually goes.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?
He loves the feel of oil on her fingers, working magic late into the night. She loves making the world a better place through the things she creates. She hates people who make the other people suffer and knows it.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?
Mentally, she’s in a great place. She’s like a sponge, always absorbing and revising information. Emotionally, she’s got something to prove to everyone out there but herself most of all.

8. What does your hero fear the most?
Being insignificant. Failing. Making a fool out of herself.  

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?
To become the very best. Seriously, the very best.

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?
It’s a crappy place all things considered. It’s the reason why people have to come together and do something about it. But that’s just a pipe dream, really. It makes the efforts of those who do more precious.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?
She’d like to think she doesn’t, not the sweeping, generalized stereotypes kind. But she prejudices herself on individual people, like everyone does sometimes. They’re dumb or stupid, or an ass, and she sticks to it like industrial glue to hair. Otherwise, if they go through first impressions fine then anything can go.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?
No loyalties here. There’s no higher ideal or thing she puts up with except who needs her help in the here and now. She’s not doing what she does for country or religion, only that it’s the right thing.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?
No she does not.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?
She had a family. She kind of still has one in the form of her father. The relationship’s a bit icy as they don’t see eye-to-eye, but they’ve learnt to deal and at least know when something isn’t going to go down well, so they skirt past it.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?
She’s confident and sarcastic but with a streak of humor in all that when she’s in a good mood. It makes things interesting, though much easier to get tiring if it takes the wrong turn.

16. Is your hero a role model?
If she is she isn’t one you’d think of at first. She’s no Centurion or Martin Luther King, that’s for sure. She’s a kid, a teenager, finding her way in this world by smashing through it at Mach 5 speeds.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a relgious tradition?
She isn’t spiritual. Zero. Nope. Never was and never will. Not even the higher powers that mages evoke sometimes get to hold any awe on her save for the academic and a source of magic.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?
She isn’t part of a team. She would like to be part of something, be with heroes who can work well together. The journey’s easier when you’ve got others to share it with. Right now, those are her friends in Claremont who share her… hobby.

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?
It’s great. It’s all great. Part and parcel of the world she lives in and so she doesn’t see anything abnormal about them. But she tries to find how to turn those things into something useful and good society can use.

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?
Hey, how about a trip to another country to relax and see the sights? An extended one too. Let your guard down and how about stop being so stubborn for a change? You’ve got your whole life ahead of you, stop treating this like a 100-meter sprint and more like a marathon.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
  • 7 months later...

Nicole Whitfield-Hall

Spoiler

Computers

DC 25 + Opposed Check + Active Skill Use: An area in University Hill, Emerald City, OR is the source of certain electronic spying signatures that can be found around the United States, as far as Freedom City, N.J. and several other cities and states. + 20 DC modifier unless the character has ranks in both Computers and Knowledge (Arcane Lore). Use the skill with less ranks if the character has both.

Gather Information

DC 10: Nicole is a student at Emerald City University and is taking a major in Parahuman Science. She now lives in one of the many apartment complexes with student-friendly rent.

DC 15: Nicole is a graduate from Claremont Academy, a prestigious and exclusive high school located in the Bayview area of Freedom City.

DC 20: Nicole once had paraplegia for several years but through unknown circumstances is now able to walk on two legs again.

DC 20: Nicole is a member of the Whitfield clan, a wealthy but eccentric family who has investments in many businesses and fields, especially those in centered in washington and Oregon.

DC 25: Her immediate family and many of her relatives died when her family's mansion burned down during a family gathering. This unfortunate tragedy had also been the cause of her former paraplegia. Her foster family are now the Leons. The mother was Nicole's caretaker.

DC 35 + Opposed Check: Nicole has been meeting with several people that might be members of the Golden Dragon Society in Emerald City for possible illicit dealings.

Knowledge (Arcane Lore)

DC 25: The magic Nicole is most familiar with is an joined communion of two specific branches of study, the Whitfields' and Halls'. The Whitfields, while still capable sorcerers, are best known for the quality and creativity of their magical artifacts and runes, and claim their influence to the first Anglo-Saxon clans. The Halls are a younger family, yet hold just as much pedigree in the art of energy manipulation as the Whitfields do in their own fields.

DC 30: Her family, both the Whitfields and Halls, have been an invisible affliction upon the magical community in their spheres of influence, committing atrocities and violating basic human decency. To keep from the prying eyes of the Master Mage and The Order of Light, they conduct their operations subtly, worming their way to influence both mundane and magical in the Northwest United States and Quebec.

Knowledge (Arcane Lore)

DC 25 + Opposed Check + Active Skill Use: An area in University Hill, Emerald City, OR is the source of certain magical signatures that can be found around the United States, as far as Freedom City, N.J. and several other cities and states. + 20 DC modifier unless the character has ranks in both Computers and Knowledge (Arcane Lore). Use the skill with less ranks if the character has both.

Knowledge (Streetwise)

DC 30 + Opposed Check: Nicole has been meeting with several people. They might members of the Golden Dragon Society in Emerald City. This is possibly regarding illicit dealings.

Salvo

Spoiler

Computers

DC 25 + Opposed Check + Active Skill Use: Salvo's electronic signature is similar to certain electronic spying signatures that can be found around the United States, as far as Freedom City, N.J. and several other cities and states. + 20 DC modifier unless the character has ranks in both Computers and Knowledge (Arcane Lore). Use the skill with less ranks if the character has both.

Gather Information

DC 15: Salvo has been sighted around Emerald City, though she has kept on the down-low. She had once been active in Freedom City, N.J. but seems to have moved her area of operations since.

DC 20: Salvo is one of the newest members of the Freedom League Auxiliary

DC 35 + Opposed Check: Salvo has been meeting with several people that might be members of the Golden Dragon Society in Emerald City for possible illicit dealings.

Knowledge (Technology)

DC 20 + Access to Bellios: Whatever Salvo is using to keep her armor running is nothing known to modern Earth science. There are many backup reactors, ammunition stores, and comprehensive software to create a dizzying series of links and sources, yet at the end of it all, the armor just doesn't make sense.

DC 25 + Active Skill Use: Salvo's electronic signature is similar to certain electronic signatures that can be found around the United States, as far as Freedom City, N.J. and several other cities and states. + 20 DC modifier unless the character has ranks in both Knowledge (Arcane Lore) and Knowledge (Technology). Use the skill with less ranks if the character has both.

Knowledge (Arcane Lore)

DC 20 + Access to Bellios: Unlike the Whitfield's claims to old and historied pedigree, Bellios is an undoubtedly ancient and magically puzzling artifact. The trace of Order is ever-present, needing to hold everything together, but there is also Chaos, the Infernal and Divine swap regularly with each other, and a layer of Technomancy was added only recently. Use the skill with less ranks if the character has both.

DC 25 + Opposed Check + Active Skill Use: An area in University Hill, Emerald City, OR is the source of certain magical signatures that can be found around the United States, as far as Freedom City, N.J. and several other cities and states. + 20 DC modifier unless the character has ranks in Computers and Knowledge (Arcane Lore). Use the skill with less ranks if the character has both.

Knowledge (Streetwise)

DC 30 + Opposed Check: Salvo has been meeting with several people. They might members of the Golden Dragon Society in Emerald City. This is possibly regarding illicit dealings.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue