All that glitters...

RocketLord

GM

"Wha...?" the thug in the armor only just had time to react and tried to move out of the way, and then he was full force. For an oh so brief moment, he stood his ground, then he was sent tumbling away, slamming hard into a parked car, bouncing off it to fall to the ground. Like with the other thug, bits of gold was starting to scrape off. 

Edited by RocketLord
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like i said guy, you just graduated to dangerous criminals in the school of hard-knocks, this is your complimentary buttkickin'." He responded tauntingly as he cracked his metal neck a little.

"That said you two are no super villains so im being a little bit gentle with ya...few bruised ribs and scalded skin to think on next time you think about trying stuff lile this again." He offered with a shrug before turning his attention to Rev.

"Lookin a bit beat up there rev...you ok?"

A mix of pride and perhaps slight arrogance towards his downed but far from out foe in ignoring him but genuine concern for his friend too.

"You wanna catch a breath whilst i wrap this looser up?"

Edited by Exaccus

The remaining thug got to his feet, glaring back and forth between the other two. He didn't respond to Facsimile's taunt, instead simply weighing his options. Two against one didn't seem good, and his brother was not about to get up any time soon. The only thing he could really hope for was his boss showing up.

And as luck would have it for him, the boss did finally reach them. "What is taking you so long? It is just a pair of kids!" A somewhat shrill, heavily modulated voice called out from above, the flying platform having finally reached them. It had not exactly moved fast to get there. The armored man standing atop the flying platform was perhaps even more shiny than the two thugs. His armor, while somewhat similar in appearance, seemed more advanced, and it had several gem stones imbedded, shining in all the colors of the rainbow in the waning sunlight. Even heavily modulated, the contempt was clear in his voice.

Rev

"Just? What do you mean just?" huffed Rev, finally managing to get oxygen into her lungs. Although she did feel like she had some rattling screws knocking about her lungs. 

In Rev's case, feeling like that could very well mean she had some screws loose. 

"I'm thirty eight!" she said, lying blatantly. "I et my vegetables and moisturise twice a day!" she explained, standing up tall and patting her rosy cheeks. 

"And if you think thats a load of wind, get a load of this!"

She oustretched her right palm and span a vortex of air from her jets, hoping to blow the bejewelled crook right off his throne!

The vortex of air engulfted the flying platform, sending it flying upwards, but Dr. Midas had seen his shot and jumped from it. Golden wings had now extended from his armor, a few exhaust panels on the back now releasing a stready stream of energy, holding him airborne. 

The platform he had flown in on where not quite so lucky, however. It was sent tumbling through the air, falling towards the fleeing people in the streets. It was moving fast, everything that had kept it aloft the moment before now throwing it towards the ground at high speed one moment, upwards or to the side the next, in a chaotic pattern as it had lost any semblance of control the moment that Dr. Midas left it. 

What would the heroes choose to do? Stop the falling platform, or Dr. Midas and his armored thugs?

Edited by RocketLord

For facsimile there was only one real choice, flickering his form from that of metal plate and frame to one of raw, solid steel he surged forth and with a mighty leap sailed through the air and right past doctor midas and his armoured goons for the out of control platform, he had no idea what kind of power source or engine it used or how big of an explosion there would be if it wasn't brought under control here and now.

If course, Facsimile choose the only option, moving straight towards the platform. Now, all he had to decide was how exactly he would try to deal with it? And to avoid Dr. Midas.

"Leave my platform alone! It is sensitive scientific equipment! Someone like you would not understand!" Even with the heavy electronic modulation, the voice sounded shrill and ranting. The good doctor was used to getting his way, and he was not happy with heroes, even ones as young as Facsimile and Rev, getting in his way. Raising one armored gauntlet, he flew towards the now metallic hero. A laser blast, golden in color of course, flew from the gauntlet, sailing right past Facsimile's head.

The second armored thug seemed like he was starting to have some second thoughts, at least. Looking up at his boss, then at Rev, he moved towards his brother, bending down to check on him.

Rev

"Great catch!" shouted Rev towards Fascimile. "I'd applaud, but I seem to have mislaid an arm!"

She gazed down to the stump of her left shoulder. She could feel the arm slithering back to her, in any case...

"Yada yada. Sensitive scientific equipment. If its so sensitive, why you flying around like a lunatic? Because its fun! I guess..." she blabbered whimisically, putting her finger to her lips and pondering the golden mans motives. Hey, in someways its no so different to me!

Then her rattling rib cage gave her a jolt of pain and she was brought back to the problem at hand. 

"Time to light this place up!" she yelled, and threw a blindingly hot streak of plasma into the sky, where it exploded like a sun!

"Ah, what are you talking about!" Fun didn't seem to factor into Dr. Midas' plans, according to him at least. Spotting the streak of plasma, he made a sound that sounded very much like "NYEAH!", as he dove down, out of the way of the bright lights, quickly turning his back to it. "That is dangerous, young lady! Who goes around throwing fireworks at other people like that!" The irony of shooting lasers at others and complaining about being attacked in turn was, of course, entirely lost on him.

Catching the platform proved harder than he'd anticipated, who'd have thought something that floated would have so much heft to it? Besides like airplanes and big ships....yeah maybe that one was on him.

He dug his shimmering metal fingers into the chassie to secure his grip as he came back down at a slight angle, metal muscles ready to burst as he skidded to a stop on the road.

"Oops, looks like i dinged ya ride...it'll probably buff out though..." he joked as he hefted the platform a little, taking a moment to get a feel for its balance and weight as well as whatever else his highly developed sense of touch might tell him.

"Don't mind if i pop it open and have a little look under the hood do you?" He asked as he began to slightly bend the vehicle, enough to make it twang and groan a little.

"Hey! Put that down you brat! I told you it is sensitive scientific equipment!" Dr. Midas was screaming now, as he flew towards Facsimile. He might claim to be a doctor, but the hero in shining armor was obviously pressing just the right buttons. Of course, Dr. Midas was not without his own weapons. He raised a gauntlet, took aim and... the laser blast cut a long line in the pavement some ten feet away from Facsimile.

The golden doctor stopped in mid-flight. "I... I meant to do that! Wait and see! All part of my master plan!"

"Wacked?" Dr. Midas was stunned. The sheer absurdity of someone wanting to hit him with his own platform was just crazy talk to him. And then the platform hit him, sending him crashing into the ground under it, before he let loose a small groan of pain.

Meanwhile, the second armored thug had picked up his brother, just as Dr. Midas was brought down. They stood in about 3 feet away from Rev, in front of her, with Dr. Midas on the sidewalk about 15 feet behind them, now buried under his platform. The thug looked over his shoulder at Dr. Midas, then back at Rev. "We did not sign up for fighting crazy kid heroes. Come with me, brother." Then he started running, moving in to the left from Rev's position.

Rev

"Go on, shoo!" said Rev, giving a token swing of her shiny foot to indicate she was kicking them out of play. 

She span round, a put a brave face on, not wishing to let anyone know (perhaps even herself) how she felt her insides grind. It was going to take a while to get her organs back in the right place, she thought. Or rather, tried not to think about. 

"As for you, Mister Mastermind, we aren't letting you go!" she said. "That's my masterplan!"

With that cleared up, she swung her fist forward on its extended cybernetic springs! 

"Mister?" It sounded like Dr. Midas really took offense to that one, as he tried to climb out from the wreck of his platform. "I am a DOCTOR!" His ego certainly fit the golden armor he had made for himself and his henchmen, at least.  Again letting himself get too distracted, giving way to a resounding *KLANG* as Rev's cybernetic fist of justice collided with his golden, armored face. "OW!" 

Dr. Midas fell right back into the heap of the platform that he had been trying to free himself from. He was really not doing as well as he had hoped, not even noticing that his henchmen were leaving.

"Mister Doctor?" It didn't sound like Dr. Midas was quite following Facsimile. There was a squawking sound to his voice, like the repeated hits had somehow damage the voice modulator. If he was indeed a doctor, and more intelligent than he had shown them thus far, then maybe the several blows he had so far received to the head had simply shaken a lot loose. Or maybe he just claimed that he was a doctor, but was really a mister.

At any rate, Dr. Midas wasn't really in any condition to even attempt dodging Facsimile's punch, telegraphed or not. *CLANG*, straight to the helmet, creating a highly visible crack. Gold was, perhaps, not the best type of armor, and the good Dr. Midas' armor seemed to be entirely made of it, unlike his fleeing minions'. Falling back into the heap, he groaned loudly, with a now rather nasal voice.

Rev

"Doctor, Mister, Yada Yada" replied Rev moving her hand in a contemptuous mimic of boring speech. 

"What are you a doctor of, anyway? Gold? What does that make you? A Goldologist?" she asked, honestly slightly curious. 

"Any way, lets see what you make of THIS!" she said dramatically, firing her feet jets full power, and speeding straight at him. 

Well, not quite straight at him. With one arm gone, she was a bit more unsteady than she was like. And besides, she was still smarting and wheezing. And so, she ended up a few degrees (or, in honesty, several degrees) off target.

BAM!

She barely registered what had happened. She just found herself sitting down in a pile of dust and masonry several yards from Doctor Gold. 

"See! Got you! What did you think of that?" she asked, boldly. 

Edited by Supercape

Facs was stunned that his punch had not only connected but actually caused the helmet to crack of all things, holey moley if that had been someones skull....

Looking on the groaning staggered form of doctor midas with an appraising eye he tried to guage wether or not the man was at his limits only to be interrupted by the blurred form of rev zooming past and peeling off into a crash that took out the corner of a brick and mortar store and left her sitting dazed in the debris.

"Ok, take five to catch your breath Midas and consider how much more you want your buttkicked whilst i go check on my friend." He stated simply before making the relatively short leap over to rev and offer her is hand to help her up.

"Had a bit of a prang huh, rev?"

The good doctor groaned from his position, more or less buried under the once flying, now crashed, platform. It was a bit of a technological marvel, really. Even if it didn't exactly move fast, the platform could fly, carrying much more weight than one would guess from its size and lack of thickness.

Now, while Doctor Midas might not be the smartest person in some respects, he was dedicated to being a super villain. And in his daze, he managed to reach for his left gauntlet with his hand, pressing a hidden button. A robotic voice spoke out from the platform. "SELF. DESTRUCT. SEQUENCE. INITIATED." Then it started counting down, slowly, from 60. One minute. That was all the time the two heroes had to stop it. Of course, Doctor Midas had not even noticed that he was actually lying on top of the platform.

Rev

"Well that doesn't sound good...."

Rev could pick a lock and neutralise an alarm. Did that include disarming a bomb? She kind of hoped it didn't, because that was a pretty scary proposition however you looked at it. 

Whatever. It would take a good pair of hands to do anything, and currently she was down an arm. 

With a slither and a little jet boost, her left arm came sailing through the air to land at her feet. With another twist of its metal flesh, it clicked back into her shoulder socket. 

"We gotta get that bomb out of here!" she yelled at Fascimile. This was, of course, an obvious course of action, but she was getting frantic, and saying the obvious was a reflex action...

"Yeah, you grab midas, ill haul this blingged out bombshell outta here." Facs said as he bounded back towards the dazed villain dragging off his primed exploding platform and onto the ground as he stoops to hoist up the platform and drops onto his haunches prepared to leap as high into the air as he can.

"This is prolly gonna wreck, might need you to catch me if i take it bad and can't control my fall....double if im not made of metal or i am and im gonna land on something delicate."

GM

Seeing Facsimile hoisting up the platform, Dr. Midas raised his armored glove towards him again. "Don't you try taking my sensitive scientific equipment." He was somehow completely oblivious to the fact that he had just programmed it to self-destruct. Another laser blast was a wide miss, with the not-so good doctor perhaps wanting to figure out another line of work some time soon.

As Facsimile held up the platform, the robotic voice continued its countdown. If he didn't plan to disarm it, he would have to time things perfectly, if he didn't want to cause a mess. "51... 50... 49..."

GM

"Ill try taking you then!" replied Rev, gritting her teeth (Which were, to date, still human)

50 Seconds....well that isn't good...but its better than five!

Even with her optimism, she found herself counting down the seconds in her head, almost to the tune of her heartbeat (although, in truth, her heart beat was acclerating with every beat)

She whipped forward her elongated arms and with splendid dexterity, made them wrap and coil around the Golden Villain. 

"Got him!" she yelled at Facs, most pleased. 

I hope! Unless he has a magnetic repulsion drive, is super strong, or teleports!

Unlikely, but then again, this was Freedom City!

Facs didn't like stealing powers from his friends, it was hillarious to do to villains with super tech just to watch em rant and rave and stamp their feet in a tantrum but doing it to a friend felt like he was devaluing them or rather more personally admiting to some kind of short coming on his part.

In this case it couldn't be helped, he needed to fly and fast, midas's own mobility was an unknown and gold was just so tacky...so with a tap on rev's shoulder he copied her techno-organic prosthetic everythimgamajiggers and put it on on jets and strength.

"You thought you could blow up wading way and make off with a bankload of bullion midas?" He asked rhetorically.

"Not when i shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!"

Taking a moment to secure his grip and wink reassuringly at rev and teasingly at midas he tightend his grip, fingers crunching into and through the bodywork and he rocketed away as far and as fast as he could into the air.

Boy this was gonna sting.