[Announcement] Freedom Theme Off-Line

Barnum

The Freedom themes, Freedom and Freedom(Wide), are both currently offline, and the site has reverted to its original, default theme and logo. If you want a "wide" template, use the proSilver template. If you want a fixed-width template, use subSilver2. They both support all of the site's features.

Sorry for any inconvenience. :(

• 1 month later...

*releases cricket poison*

Short of it, when Barnum learned that Endless Flight (former owner of the site, now more a behind-the-scenes tech guy) was looking to transfer ownership of the site to another, she took down the themes she had made. She had made those themes specifically for EF and offered them specifically to him; if EF wouldn't be here, the themes she'd made for him wouldn't be here, either. The themes went because Endless Flight left, not because Barnum herself left.

For the record:

When I learned that Endless Flight was going to sell the site for a profit and thus profit from all my hard work, I decided that the tangible products of my work (the templates) were not for sale. After further consideration, I decided that if the site changed ownership for any reason (sale, rent, loan, gift, etc.), I would be in danger of losing control of the tangible products of my work, and I wasn't willing to allow that either . . . so I removed them before removing myself as an Admin (and thus no longer could).

But you are correct that my leaving the site (as an admin, GM, and player . . . but not as the occasional reader) was unconnected to the site's sale. It was just hastened by it.

• 1 month later...

I just saw this, but wanted to make something clear.

Unless somebody knows how much I sold the site for, they can't assume I actually profited at all from the sale. That figure was never publicly released, for good reason.

Barnum was well within her rights to remove her work when she pleased, and under any circumstances. My intention wasn't to sell the themes or the posts on the site, but the actual concept of the site itself.

I hope that cleared it up some.