Siren Song of The Void (OOC)

Amelia

I'll edit the opening posts in the IC and OOC threads to add more character tags as more PCs join the story.

Heritage, if Grimalkin is in the store, then I'm assuming that, with her Extended Hearing, she can hear the "gentleman" whether she's out on the floor or locked away in her office. If you decide for whatever reason that she's not in the store, let me know, and I'll roll with it. But if she is, then give me some Knowledge skill checks, for Arcane Lore, Current Events, History, and Theology/Philosophy. If she lacks skill ranks for any of them, just do a raw Int check for those.

Edited by FloatyPotato
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage:

Per Grimalkin's Knowledge check results:

Spoiler

She isn't familiar with "Scivias." But she knows that being scribed "right after the fall of Constantinople" makes the writing about five or six hundred years old. That's definitely not something she or any other book retailer would keep out in the open on a shelf. She can think of at least one book locked in the hidden vault that meets that description, especially the part about the paper being older than the words. There's a book in there that Silberman recovered from the Thule Society after World War 2 that was written during the European Renaissance, but on paper that's older than Jesus. It's particularly easy for her to remember that one, because Silberman kept the book locked in its own individual little wooden box, which is covered in magickal wards. Even among rare book dealers, it's highly unlikely that it's common knowledge that she has it.

As long as mutual consent is involved, it's up to you all what each of your PCs knows about the others upon first meeting, assuming they haven't met before.

Last I heard, Set and Temperance definitely have a history, but none of the three players involved can remember whether or not Grimalkin has ever met Set or Temperance.

Temperance seems to have a secret identity, so Trollthumper should clarify when she shows up whether she's in costume or not.

As a guide, feel free to compare your PC's skills (or roll, if you want) with the existing reputation threads, assuming they're still current:

Grimalkin / Lynn Epstein

Set

Temperance / Eliza Oxum

I know Grim and Set have never been in a thread together, and looking over Temperance's history, it doesn't appear she and Lynn have crossed paths either. More than likely, Lynn and Eliza have probably chatted in the store, and both are aware the other is knowledgeable about the arcane and occult. I'm guessing that neither knows about the others' heroic identity, but would not be surprised to find out that they possess magical abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Temperance:

Spoiler

She has heard of "Lucien Hawthorne." He runs an independent bookstore in Bedlam City, Wisconsin. His stock isn't exclusively "occult," but he does cater to that crowd, what little there is in his area, and he is at least an enthusiast in non-Abrahamic magical traditions. He used to make the rounds on various convention circuits in the Midwest.

Set:

Spoiler

She has heard of "Lucien Hawthorne." He runs an independent bookstore in Bedlam City, Wisconsin. His stock isn't exclusively "occult," but he does cater to that crowd, what little there is in his area, and he is at least an enthusiast in non-Abrahamic magical traditions. He used to make the rounds on various convention circuits in the Midwest. But he doesn't leave town these days, probably on account of the fact that he's in his early 80s.

With her Acute Smell/Taste and +15 Notice, Sekhmet smells a few things.

EDIT: Hey, Grimalkin also has +15 Notice and Acute smell/taste. Everything Sekhmet smells, Grim has been smelling all day.

Edited by FloatyPotato
  • 2 weeks later...