Jump to content
Zeitgeist Blue

Through the Mirrored Glass and Back Again

Recommended Posts

So that beats the DC by a mile. 

 

Yeah, right before it leaps into action you recognize the same signature powering the other doorway is also within the EDS representations. It's fainter but there, as if they were infected and turned but to be powered as such there'd need to be a source, something which isn't present here. You guess the main infection is affecting the power source of these robots.

 

Cut or mess with the power source and you cut or mess with it all.

 

However, the spell doesn't seem to have propogated itself completely. It looks as if the EDS is just rampaging at anything moving right now.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative = 10 

 

Magic sense = 1  So thats 11 if a notice or 12 if a power check for his super senses?  Not sure which it would be.  Hmmm I think I'll reroll that.  18 so 28 for notice, 29 for super sense power check.

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica gets a 19 on her initiative.


Not sure why you only asked for Hurang to make a Supersenses check, seeing as that is one of Veronica’s key powers (with 17 pp spent on her magical awareness).  So, here is a check for her:  she only gets a 21

Share this post


Link to post

Mostly because Ouroboros was the one who used his senses to scope out the place so this would make slightly more sense to him, Thev. Either way, you both pass.

 

***

 

Ouroboros and Veronica both notice multiple presences through the door before the nearest ones attacked them. They were still until they sensed you and even those further back still have not reacted to the alarm. These were the objects Ouroboros sensed before entering the sphere, but they were like statues then, inanimate objects, but they seemed to have animated upon your entrance.

 

In any case you surmise your senses better and stronger than these guys but they are a lot. Those incoming are just the first wave.

Share this post


Link to post

Initiative Order

 

16 minions

Veronica: 19

Arcana: 18

11 minions

Ouroboros: 10

5 minions

Masque: 4

 

***

4 minions per PC. All attacks are lethal

 

All miss on Veronica

1 hit on Arcana

All miss on Ouroboros

All miss on Masque

 

DC 16 Will Save Arcana. 11.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

 

For this round, IC posts would be appreciated @angrydurf @Fox @Nick @Thevshi. Please dictate your PC's actions, roll for them, and write it in the IC.

 

***

 

However, for the next round I'll be trying something new to speed up combat scenes.

 

 

Give me a gist of your PCs actions and tactics for the upcoming fight. The more comprehensive, the better, and I'll roll and write it out in the IC. I'll stop again to ask for IC posts when a decision point happens or just if I feel some IC posts are warranted (after a GM post).

 

For mook fights like this, round by round IC posts aren't needed anyway.

 

***

 

To recap what you know:

 

1. You need to install the helmet inside the CPU to complete the repairs.

2. However, an outside malicious is going around wrecking havoc inside Ballios.

3. Now the representation of an automated defense system is trying to kill you.

4. There will soon be too many of them to fight. They're also being messed up by the outside malicious force.

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure how I stand (strictly as a player) having my PC GM'd, but for the sake of the tactics discussion:

 

These seem more a "fight 'em" enemy than a "oh god, run for cover" enemy; Masque's likely to duplicate and improve her odds of survival even the numbers a little for the melee brawl, each duplicate pulling out whatever weapon they think is useful. That'll lock up most of her magic, but she's hoping they can all push through and deal with the source together - or at least, between them, someone ends up giving someone else an opening. A lot of the actual move-to-move decisions there depend on what came before, since she's so awfully low in the initiative order.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, hope I can make it work. I'm pretty much adopting this practice from another forum roleplay game I'm in (two now actually) and it does speed up fights immensely, which means less slogging through weeks of fighting and more character stuff and story progression!

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, Veronica is going to reconfigure her magic gadgets to the following:

 

Damage 8 (Area (General); Selective) {24/25 pp}

 

Depending on what the others think of her suggestion, she might start using this to cut down on the enemy around them.

Share this post


Link to post

Out of 27. 11 made the Reflex Saving Throw. 16 did not make the Reflex Saving Throw.

 

Of the 11, 6 made the Toughness Saving Throw. 5 did not.

 

Of the 16, 4 made the Toughness Saving Throw. 12 did not.

 

17 destroyed defence sprites. For simplicity's sake let's say she caught all the sprites in melee in the attack.

 

***

 

All gone.

Veronica: 19

Arcana: 18

10 minions

Ouroboros: 10

5 minions

Masque: 4

 

And it's @Nick's turn. Don't forget to put Veronica's gist of tactics/actions? @Thevshi!

 

***

 

Though if you guys do decide to not fight and instead run or hide or find another way then the summarized tactics aren't needed then. We'd just go straight to what you guys are going to do.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

I though Zeitgeist said I was up but wanted to clarify, We're skipping Arcana and the 10 minions entry there are all destroyed in Veronicas attack?

Share this post


Link to post

Yep and yep. I'll put up Arcana's post after you and Fox, effectively Readying her action. And the 16 minions swarming the four PCs were the ones destroyed. There are 15 more coming.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey @angrydurf, don't forget your IC post!

 

And don't forget the general actions of Veronica, @Thevshi.

 

Also, since she suggested it can you make a power that would hide/disguise you guys? Unless you want to pass it on to Fox, since it's Masque's specialty.

Share this post


Link to post

Switch magic array to force constructs and erect a barrier over the door to buy some time.  Don't want to destroy defenses if we can let them attack the actual bad guys instead.

 

Barrier is solid just looks like flames and is toughness +13

Share this post


Link to post

My bad, apparently I forgot he 10 minions here. Just assume they Delay until after Ouroboros and Fox.

 

They'll all swarm Ouroboros after seeing him put up the barrier.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

Alright. I'm assuming the drones are roughly person-sized, give or take, without a description to tell me otherwise.

 

Masque will stunt off her magic array's Morph power:

 

Morph 10 (single form [drone, 1pp/rank], Extras: Affects Others) [20/20pp]

 

That's something disgusting like a +50 disguise check for everyone. Let me know if you have any objections, and I'll get an IC post up.

Share this post


Link to post

I love disgusting. And, huh, I apparently forgot to give them a proper paragraph description. But yes, they're person sized so no objections here.

 

Looks like you guys are ending combat here.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

So a chance for some IC posts: reactions, hammering out a plan, or physically doing something.

 

You can continue on or do something else, like just make a break for it in the Inner Forcefield dimension. Just tell me here or post it in IC in the OOC because, by default, I'll assume the former and the next GM post will be setting the scene for the Defense System dimension.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Share this post


Link to post

Veronica will not be attacking any more if Liz' illusion works, so she will just be ready to move with the others through the door.  She will keep the offensive spell ready, should she need it again.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×