Through the Mirrored Glass and Back Again (OOC)

Zeitgeist Blue

Sorry for the delay. The weekend was busier than I expected.

Let's see.

The Mist
Move Action: It's going to trail right behind Veronica, trying to catch her from behind.

The Limbs
Move Action: Teleport between Veronica and the miniature sun, blocking her path.

IC post in a bit. Basically, The Mist and The Limbs are going to try and stop Veronica, leaving The Sorcerer and The Golem with the Masques and Ouroboros behind.

@Fox, Duplicate Masque is up! And so is Original Masque if you're removing the Daze. Mechanically, The Mist would still be around Duplicate Masque if you can think of doing something.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here is a map of what's happening right now. Really not to scale.

Claremonters

Blue dots - Masques

Red dot - Ouroboros

Green dot - Veronica

Enemies

Gray circle - The Golem

Pink thing - The Limbs

Yellow spray - The Mist

Brown dot - The Sorcerer

Distances from Veronica and the Sun-Core

The Mist - One move action

Masque - One use of the Teleport action (which I believe takes a full round).

Ouroboros - One full action for his Teleport too I believe.

It'd take moving all-out (if you run) for two turns to get there without the use of movement powers.

Map.png

Teleport's typically a move action; it's full-round only if you want to teleport twice (two Move Actions) or do a much further-distance Full-Round Teleport, which generally propels one a distance measured in miles.

For now she may be stuck fighting the sorcerer. So let's have her try what they were going to try last round.

Masque Duplicate teleports over to the sorcerer and Feints at him as a standard action. She will Skill Mastery it to take 10, for a final Bluff check of 21, or 25 if Attractive applies. Bluff or Sense Motive to oppose or be flat-footed.

She'll set up the real Masque, who will shake off the daze (-1 HP) and power attack the sorcerer.

Melee Attack Roll vs. Sorcerer (Power Attack -5/+5): 1d20+15-5 12

....uninspiring, though if the bluff worked and the Sorcerer's flat-footed defense is truly awful that'd be a DC25 Toughness save. I'll not try to reroll it without first knowing how the bluff went, though; she still has 3HP from her Luck Control, but it'd be her last HP from her non-powered pool, and she may be needing to Luck Control at people the way this has been going.

Right, Teleport uses a Movement action by default. Though I believe Ouroboros' Long Range Flaw brings it up to a Full Action for him.

Sense Motive: 1d20+6 = 18. Failed.

The Sorcerer is Flat-footed.

However, that attack missed. You can roll spend HP, see what happens.

@angrydurf, you're up! Note that you are still grappled (or wait, I still need to roll a Grapple Opposed check for the round, yes? Well, looks like Ouroboros has a slim chance to start his turn un-grappled.)

Opposed Grapple Roll: 1d20+25 = 27

Combat Mechanics

Spoiler

Initiative

The Golem - Fine

Veronica - Fine. Defense +10. 3 HP.

The Mist - Fine.

Duplicate Masque - Fine. Defense +13.

The Limbs - Fine.

Original Masque - Bruised 1. Injured 1.

Injured. Fine. Defense +13. 3 HP.

Ouroboros - Bruised 1. Injured 1. Grappled. Fatigued. -2 Attack and Defense. -1 Strength and Dexterity. Defense +12. 3 HP.

The Mist - Fine

The Sorcerer - Fine. Flat-footed. Bruised 1. Injured 1.

Environmental Condition

Everyone roll a Fortitude Saving Throw against the environment. Masque gets DC 9 for her description of wrapping a bunch of protective cloth around herself. Veronica DC 10 (Autopass). Ouroboros DC 20 for It Burns Like Hygiene!.

Partial Concealment is in Effect when not in melee range for Magic, Auditory, and Visual Senses.

Veronica does not take penalties to Partial Concealment.

Veronica, The Mist, and The Limbs are out of visual sight from the rest of the combatants.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Yeah, I'll have Masque re-roll that.

Melee Attack REROLL vs. Sorcerer (Power Attack -5/+5): 1d20+15-5 14

Since that roll was less than 11, reroll mechanics bump it by +10 to 24. Hopefully that hits, or we're in trouble!

DC25 Toughness save vs. blunt damage, as before. That's another HP down, which by my count brings her down to 3 (5 at start, -1 for the illusion stunt, +1 for the complication, -1 for the daze, -1 for the reroll).

The Golem didn't actually do a Throw action. I guess it wasn't clear but it was just a Standard Action to damage as stated in the house rules.

Since maintaining the grapple is a Free Action, you can take a Standard Action to inflict an attack upon a grappled target on subsequent rounds after the grapple has been established (or on the same round, if you Surge for another Standard Action). There is no need for an attack roll (and thus, no chance to score a critical hit or use tradeoff feats); the grappled foe must simply roll a saving throw against your attack.

Activate vampiric might bringing grapple to +21

HP to clear his fatigue.

Move action 1d20+21=22  Welp that tracks, Already HP'd for a reroll this round so... 

Standard Lets try that again I guess?  1d20+21= 29

and he'll get a move action away from the golem towards Veronica for managing to escape.

Free Action: Extra Effort for a power stunt on magic array for:

Teleport 5 (Extras: portal +2, range(Ranged); pfs: Selective, enhanced range(100ft increments))27pp

Free action: Open portal next to Veronica to other side of limbs next to the "Sun"

Hmm...

And with Ouroboros' assist, it seems Veronica has an open way through to the other side. The Sorcerer is busy reeling, and neither the Mist or the Golem can get there in time, leaving a portal in front of and behind the Limbs which, as established, isn't very mobile. Bravo on the team play!

@Thevshi,  mind writing Veronica scoring the goal with the Salvo's helmet? I'll put up a GM post after that.

Combat Mechanics

Spoiler

Initiative

The Golem - Fine

Veronica - Fine. Defense +10. 3 HP.

The Mist - Fine.

Duplicate Masque - Fine. Defense +13.

The Limbs - Fine.

Original Masque - Bruised 1. Injured 1. 3 HP.

Injured. Fine. Defense +13. 3 HP.

Ouroboros - Bruised 1. Injured 1. Grappled. Fatigued. -2 Attack and Defense. -1 Strength and Dexterity. Defense +12. 2 HP.

The Mist - Fine

The Sorcerer - Fine. Flat-footed. Bruised 1. Injured 1.

Environmental Condition

Partial Concealment is in Effect when not in melee range for Magic, Auditory, and Visual Senses.

Veronica does not take penalties to Partial Concealment.

Veronica, The Mist, and The Limbs are out of visual sight from the rest of the combatants.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue