Through the Mirrored Glass and Back Again (OOC)

Zeitgeist Blue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Well, first off it was not a Platform Flight.  It was Super Movement: Air Walking 2 (Extra: Area; Feat: Selective) for 7 PP of her array.  So, Ouroboros cannot be “knocked off” the platform.  Also, not sure how anything got to attack her when she was not surprised and beat the initiative of everything else (and gain, there is no platform to be pulled off, she is just walking on air).

She will add a new spell to her array, Immunity: Heat (Extra: Area; Feat: Selective) for another 3 PP to help everyone out.

And, as I assume these things are magic in nature, Veronica’s Super Sense punches right through their concealment (partial or not) thanks to Counters Concealment.

1. Actually, angrydurf created a Flight (Flaws: Platform) for Ouroboros so I assumed that would supercede Veronica's Air Walking.

2. Just all fluff in the IC. Mechanically she will act before everything else normally. Fluff-wise this could translate to Veronica acting just as The Limbs appeared and right before it encloses on her for example.

3. A fair point. It's actually an Obscure effect but since Veronica has Counters Obscure as well then I'd say she could see past the magical "noise" as it were. There is still the visual Obscure from the sandstorm but I'd imagine Veronica would just rely on her Magic Third Eye to aim.

No penalties for Concealment for Veronica.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

The Mist

Standard Action: Suffocate on Masque Duplicate.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 9 = 20

The Limbs:

Standard Action: Disarm on Veronica's helmet

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 10 = 22

Strength Oppose Roll: 1d20+5 = 10

The Mist  begins to suffocate the Masque Duplicate, smothering her nostrils and mouth in sand. The Limbs reappear in front Veronica and begins trying to rip the helmet from her belt. I'll put in an IC post when I can but this is what's basically happening.

@Thevshi, make a Strength Opposed Roll to keep from being disarmed. Also roll a Notice check DC 20. 

@Fox, roll a Fortitude Saving Throw DC 19 against Suffocate for the Masque Duplicate. Anddd it's original Masque's turn. You're up.

Initiative

The Golem - Fine

Veronica - Fine. Defense +10. 3 HP.

The Mist - Fine

The Limbs - Fine

Masque - Fine. Defense +13. 1 HP.

Ouroboros - Fine. Fatigued. -2 Attack and Defence. -1 Strength and Dexterity. Defense +12. 4 HP.

The Mist - Fine

The Sorcerer - Fine

Environmental Condition

Partial Concealment from Obscure is in effect when not in melee range for Magic, Auditory, and Visual Senses. Veronica does not take penalties to Partial Concealment.

Immunity: Heat (Extra: Area; Feat: Selective) is in effect for everyone. Automatic success rolls against Heat environmental conditions.

Surprise Round Initiative

The Golem

Veronica

The Mist

The Limbs

Masque

The Mist

The Sorcerer

Ouroboros - Defense +3

Other Masque - Defense +3

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Yep - normally she'd be flat-footed because it's the first round of combat and she hadn't acted yet, but she has Uncanny Dodge (Auditory) and only total concealment would take that from her. Huzzah, feats!

Is the sorcerer within 300' teleport range?

Curses! And that was a setup to poking a Complication. But oh well...

In that case, Masque Duplicate gets out of dodge before the Mist can fully envelop her and its still chasing her around the air.

GM Business

And yep, Fox. The Sorcerer is within that radius. Feel free to teleport towards it.

Thev, you notice a flash of magic emit from the Sorcerer towards the Limbs before they reappear right in front of you again. You're reasonably sure The Sorcerer's teleportation powers is how some of the bunch got the drop on you and are managing to fight you on the air.

Yeah, the Masques are going to go ahead and say hello to the Sorcerer, then.

First things first, though: Tactics! Masque Duplicate will teleport over and attempt a feint:

Bluff Check vs. Sorcerer (Feint): 1d20+11 12

....super! Well, it's a good thing skills don't auto-fail. I don't imagine it'll be very hard for him to beat that, but it's a Bluff or Sense Motive check against being flat-footed, anyway - 16 instead of 12 if Attractive applies. If it succeeds, she'll Set-Up to pass the benefit to the other Masque.

EDIT: The Masque duplicate isn't acting on the surprise round! Shame on me.

Since I already rolled it, I'll proceed with the melee attack:

Masque Prime will go ahead and teleport in too, and attack:

Melee Attack Roll vs. Sorcerer (Power Attack -3/+3): 1d20+15-3 25

Assuming that hits, it's a DC23 Toughness Save vs. blunt damage.

Initiative for the duplicate, for when we're out of surprise:

Initiative Roll: 1d20+3 16

Time to get back to the groove.

The Mist

Standard Action: Targeted Area Attack (Veronica and Duplicate Masque) 1d20+9 = 19. Both Miss.

The Sorcerer

Move Action: Teleporting

Standard Action: Attack Original Masque 1d20+12 = 16. Miss. Reroll. 1d20+12 = 18. Still a Miss. Masque gets an HP.

Welllllp, so much for the Surprise Round doing anything.

New Round

The Golem

Standard Attack: Grapple Attack. Auto-pass

Roll a Toughness Saving Throw DC 30, @angrydurf

And you're up, @Thevshi!

Though feel free to write Ouroboros' reaction to what's happening to him if you want, AD.

Combat Mechanics

Spoiler

Initiative

The Golem - Fine

Veronica - Fine. Defence +10. 3 HP.

The Mist - Fine

Duplicate Masque

The Limbs - Fine.

Original Masque - Bruised. Injured. Dazed. Fine. Defence +13. 3 HP.

Ouroboros - Bruised 1. Injured 1. Grappled. Fatigued. -2 Attack and Defence. -1 Strength and Dexterity. Defence +12. 3 HP.

The Mist - Fine

The Sorcerer - Fine

Environmental Condition

Everyone roll a Fortitude Saving Throw against the environment. Masque gets DC 9 for her description of wrapping a bunch of protective cloth around herself. Veronica DC 10 (Autopass). Ouroboros DC 20 for It Burns Like Hygiene!.

Partial Concealment is in Effect when not in melee range for Magic, Auditory, and Visual Senses.

Veronica does not take penalties to Partial Concealment.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Loathe as I am to inflict damage on my own characters, a reroll can't be lower than a natural 11; if it's 10 or below, you add 10 the die before applying modifiers. A rerolled 6 would be a 16, then, +12 is 28, which definitely hits.

Your honesty is appreciated!

Roll for Original and Duplicate Masque...

Will Saving Throw DC 16. Confuse

Fortitude Saving Throw 16. Fortitude

And get an HP as I poke at Communication Issues. Both Masque's share an empathetic link and that includes them experiencing whatever crazy thing is happening to the other's mind/brain through feedback. Duplicate Masque also rolls.

Aha! Hmm. She'll conserve resources for now, then; may as well eat the daze + bruise. If she has to she can always shake off that Daze with one of her shiny new hero points...huzzah, reaction-speed resources. For now, though, I'll save 'em.

So what happens is that the two of you are fighting and teleporting around but the mental/brain assault slowly gets to you with the whole trickle of blood running down the nostril thing. Your duplicate feels this too but is able to resist, maybe because there's a buffer between her and the assault (aka. You).

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Okay, ZB, Veronica will take advantage of everyone being busy with the others to make a break toward where we have to deliver the helmet, double moving if necessary.  She still has the air-walking spell available and has Speed 1, so she can cover some distance if necessary.