Let's Fall in Like

Gizmo

"Absolutely! Pan was all smiles again. Glittering fairy dust fell from his feet as he stepped into the air, his hands in Corinne's. This was his element, this was where he felt at home. And he couldn't resist the challenge in Corinne's crooked smile. He had seen the dances here now, he had learned them, and now he would take the lead. 

Pan spun Corinne around in the same fashion she had moved him, no friction from the floor to break her movement or slow her down. Taking her hand again, he swung her out, before pulling her close again, all while they floated through the air. He did love to put on a show.

Edited by RocketLord
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh..."  A surprised expression cross her face, her eyed widening, and it quickly turned to one of delight.  She defined herself as a dancer, and by her skill in that, it was what she had pursued the majority of her life.

And she was good.  And in the air, the pain lessened, and it let her push through. Push further.  And the fact that he was leading, which given how often she was given male roles due to her size. She liked it, and she responded to the songs that were changing.  Of course as she grew more enraptured in what she was doing her powers started to build and swell.  The energetic music didn't help, and neither did the non structure dancing.  Her eyes started to glow, along with the euphoric rise of her power, until it erupted in a scattering of white light, her hair exploding out into a riotous variegated crown. 

Now, now she was going to try, and Pan could tell that this was a different.  "Oh, I like you."  

Adam would have blushed, but he couldn't. Instead he did look bashful. "Thank you." He said. He offered his hand. "Would you like to dance?" Adam was not graceful, but he could manage to at least pretend to not be totally awful. Or at least, he hoped not to be that much more awful than anyone else.

She was beautiful, and he felt incredibly self-conscious. He knew, distantly, that they didn't look bad together. His face was relatively scar and blemish free, but she was something else. He needed to keep his head on straight and his eyes on hers. Be polite, he thought to himself. Be polite. 

Lulu positively beamed. "Why ah'd love to." Astrid and her friends had opted to play something a bit more uptempo than she would have prefered, but maybe it was good they didn't start with a slow dance. The young redhead had no formal dance training, so she just sort of bopped along to the music, making random punching moves and throwing in the occasional spin because it did fun things to her dress; it was rather silly and utterly endearing.

Then despite her best efforts, she snuck a quick peek into her date's mind; she furrowed her brow for a second, then shook her head and smiled as she continued her semi-awkward dancing. "Adam, you worry too much. Ah like you; you don't need to try and be somethin' you're not." She shrugged. "Boys...have thoughts; hell, we all do. Ah've been a telepath since ah was ten years old; there ain't too much that can shock me anymore. Ah know you've got your secrets, and those are yours to share if and when you want; ah know not to open any doors your keepin' locked." Then she paused in her dancing, reached up and placed a soft hand on his  faintly scarred cheek. She shook her head; there were hints of tears in her eyes, but she was smiling. "But you don't need to be perfect; you just need to be you. So let lose...be yourself. No one's watchin' but me." 

And with that, she let out a whoop and returned to her energetic flailing.

Edited by Heritage

Dio

"He hears, but does not listen, not to me. Dragons are pets, have been all his life, I've been saying and doing all I dare and all I get is that blank smile of his before he forgets altogether. Besides, I leave, someone with a shorter fuse might take my place and take his head off."

Her finger drew a vague area around the map where several circles lay marked. "So, what kind of center are you looking at? Maybe we should go. What's the worst that could happen in a Fall dance?" Nicole asked with a knowing smirk. She very well knew what was possible.

Then she cocked her head to the side as the music wafted into the roof. "Huh, what do you know. Astrid actually got to play. She was practicing that in our room."

"Cheugh" the dragon let loose a puff of smoke from its snout "Unknown. But I have suspicions. According to school records, this place is haunted by a vengeful spirit. I suspect its prison is somewhere on school grounds and, well...it must be possible to reach for the more-normal members of the faculty. Letting such a creature roam free is not something our good Matriarch Summers would dream of."

One eye turned to Nicole "What better way to get into the Halloween cheer than freeing one of the Earthbound? Can't be less exciting than polishing Sieur Stolid." The curling green tail flicked out to tap Salvo's armor on the faceplate. As the pounding beat thrummed through the air and roof, Dio gently began to tap his blunt claws in time with the rhythm. "Chrn, very tribal. Crude."

Sun Dragon

Leroy had found the pair a nice spot where the pounding music was distorted and muffled, arranging a snack plate and pair of juice cups with extravagant care. Tucked into the corner of the auditorium, he'd so far kept up a leisurely thread of conversation that carefully wound away from anything too personal. 

"I wonder why they have us split into teams?" Leroy was watching Corinne/Zenith and his squadmate Pan spin and sail through the air, a warm smile thinning the scars on his cheeks "Look how happy they are, but their training and missions will be apart, with little chance to use that bond." Sighing, he relaxed against Judy, pleasantly warm through his thin clothes. 

"Judy," 

He glanced sidelong at her, almost shy "Would you like to join me for something off-campus? Not tonight, and I know winter means you and Ashley must go elsewhere, but perhaps in the Spring?"

Edited by Ari

"Yes, well, um, special training is important," Judy extemporized nervously, brushing some of her hair behind her ear. "Ah don't think Ah can go back to your dimension with you," she said, "not without a lot...of other stuff happenin' first." Maybe Ashley would be okay with it - after all, Leroy's dimension sounded safe enough, and surely the President's daughter needed to know a few things about parallel worlds. "But if you want to take me somewhere, I'd love to go," she said with a smile. " Maybe in the meantime, Ah can take you a few places around town." 

"Sheeze, I may have dodged a bullet here," Nicole mutters under her breathe, listening to Dio wax poetic about Leroy's treatment of the dragon. If she didn't know any better she'd peg it down as slavery, but she did and it sounded exactly like that!

That did not endear the Sun Dragon much to the mage-smith.

"But you care about him?" She gingerly poked. "That's why you haven't left him faster than you can burrow through the ground?"

In any case, all this talk about Leroy left a bad taste in Nicole's mouth and she was eager to put her mind somewhere else. Like magic, a spirits, and haunting Earthbounds. It made her eyes glow thinking about all she could dissect from such a creature, literally and figuratively. No telling what a vengeful ghost had absorbed for all its time inside a school filled with superpowers.

Nicole tsk'ed in disapproval as Dio tapped Bellios' faceplate and she adjusted her glasses with a finger.

"If you out it that way, you make it sound like anything's better than staying up here." She glanced sideways at the rooftop door, where Astrid's music was wafting from. Sure, tribal. That was one way to put it.

"You're asking for my help, aren't you? And I bet you came here already knowing what my answer would be."

There were a bunch of others who wouldn't be sacks of potatoes to carry against spirits. There were certain skill sets that would affect them. You wouldn't look to physical might for these kinds of things.

Then smiling, she looked back at Dio. "Yes."

Sun Dragon

"I would love to see it. Especially with someone else. Freedom City is a wondrous place,  respite from so much of the troubles that stalk this world. It is full of marvels unknown, even after all these flickering centuries. But it can be cold." Leroy smiled, but his melodious voice belied it as he went on "Even without Dio in view, or in mortal guise, they can see at a glance I am not like them. They are not afraid, or suspicious, but there is a gulf between us I cannot cross. They know all they need at a glance."

"You know what I mean, Judy. Perhaps more than I do. Everyone at the barest remove, unwilling to get closer, because they believe they already know you."

He nestled an arm behind Judy's neck, bringing their faces closer as his voice dropped almost to a whisper, his breath sweet and crisp despite the artificial flavors and sweeteners they'd both been drinking. The sounds of the auditorium, already muffled by the architectural quirk of their corner, dropped to a low rumble.

"Judy," Leroy said, his skin shimmering in the dancing lights, his golden eyes warm and tender, "together we could overcome that. Anything. You are strong and kind, beautiful inside and out."

Bending to her and cupping her chin with his free hand, he kissed her gently on the lips.

Edited by Ari

My first kiss! For a moment Judy didn't care that it wasn't exactly the right time or the right place, or even the right boy if she was totally honest with herself. What mattered was that Leroy was very handsome, and the feeling of his lips on hers was absolutely wonderful. But then she did care, because she had to, because she had responsibilities that went beyond her secret identity and her father's job, and she gently (albeit reluctantly) pulled away. "That was very nice," she whispered, her lips a little swollen from the kissing. "Ah like you a lot, Leroy." She glanced up and frowned over Leroy's shoulder at Ashley, who had suddenly gotten a lot closer but was not actually looking in her direction. 

• 2 weeks later...

White Lioness

Àjàṣorò spent a few minutes watching her room-mate and other friends enjoying the events of the night, taking a few moment to just stop and taking everything in showed her just what a good time everyone was having. She couldn’t help but smile at this revelation, her combat teacher would be proud that she stopped and calmed herself rather than rushing into action as was her want to do. All in all she was feel much better about herself.

“Either was I feel it was a nice gesture, until situations suggest otherwise!” she was aware that not everything like this ended well, though she wasn’t going to let it get to her either way

“Is it considered a faux pas to dance by yourself? My sources seem to contradict each other on this matter.”

"I guess I wouldn't know," Elizabeth said, almost laughing. "I don't think I've danced since I was a little kid dancing with my dad." That was a good memory, and it put a smile on her face before she thought to continue. "I bet that if you chose to anyway, though, and really went for it, only dumb people would think anything bad about you. It might depend on the song, though," she added, cocking her head at the lovebirds. "If it's a love song or something, you probably can't dance that alone without weird looks. Something upbeat, though, I say you go for it and dare anyone to stop you!"

The other Elizabeth had started to respond to Ashley - something along the lines of not being that much younger than Ashley could have been - when she caught both the kiss and Ashley's transparent move to be closer. Needling was fun, but that was a drama she decided was very much not her business nor something she should stick her nose into...yet.

She smiled, shrugged, and moved off to get that drink, since the other her didn't seem to be doing as she'd been told.

• 2 weeks later...

White Lioness

“Well, then I think I’ll go have a dance before I turn into a pumpkin or something!”

Smiling she made her way to the dance floor and found herself a little space for her to have a little dance. She wasn’t a natural dancer, despite the best efforts of her past tutors to teach her the traditional dances of Dakana, but she possessed a natural grace and rhythm that came through her attempts.

Never one to be self-conscious she embraced the moment enjoying the music, tomorrow there might be gossip about her dancing alone but that was something to worry about tomorrow.