Jungle Memories: Walking the Daydream

Zeitgeist Blue

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough Save: 1d20+6 9 well its not looking too good. Thats a dazed, bruised, staggered. And the grapple roll will be extremely tough to beat. 

Before going further, what would this be like, narratively, if Snakebite gets KOd or beaten by the beast? Im always happy for PCs to get knocked out and beaten now and again. 

Edited by Supercape

Well, Neil comes in to the rescue and pulls you out of the fire. Only, well, with horrific injuries to boot for you and him.

Huh, the fights can be really quick in this one when the Saving Throws are really low. The first roll I did got it Staggered + Stunned which would have let Snakebite go to town on it.

Want to keep the roll or use the HP?

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Hi @Supercape,

Need some help starting up? Here's Snakebite's downtime to rest from all the crazy. There are a few suggestions you could go do here.

1. Talk to Neil. Seriously, he's even more confused than you are since he doesn't have your visions. You can just write that Snakebite told Neil and we don't have to do the nitty-gritty of Snakebite backtracking the whole thread if you want.

2. Figure out something about the ring. It sure is an artifact of some kind and that Beast creature hinted about its use. But what has it been doing all this time?

Characters: Kayara, Creature, Neil

Visions: Kayara, Hakan, the natives

Things you have: The ring, a bunch of artifacts, a weird ceremonial dagger

Things you know: Kayara's crazy, the creature acts like a starving predator, Kayara's sacrifice went wrong, Hakan deliberately sacrificed her wrong but later on bound things to the ring, people get murdered in the temple, there was a cult that turned Hakan, Kayara's taunts are targetting Neil, the ring becomes warm/hot before a vision, the creature and Kayara have some kind of connection, the Moon and the Beast have some kind of hate relationship

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue

Happy to roll with whatever you guys wish from here. Certainly a very interesting position!

Ill throw out the option anywhere in this thread for Dust Devil to spend an HP on the inspiration use, and due to the Magic Mesa and his back story, get a particularly souped up answer. That can be narrated however you wish! (such as traversing the desert of infinity via the door of dreams etc etc)

Sorry, mispost wrong thread please ignore! :)

Edited by Supercape

Okay, roll me Medicine.

Also, Snakebite has Knowledge (Arcane Lore), so shouldn't she be knowledgeable on magical things? You can roll me that too and tell me what's the fluff on the type of arcane lore she has, and I'd give some guesses that Snakebite could have come up with now that she's musing on what's happening with her ring.

Finally, let's do a timeskip of the evening. You could post what Snakebite does for the rest of the evening if you want or I could in my next GM post if it can fit.

Snakebite is no stranger to the strange and hidden artifacts dead civilizations have left in their wake. This single man-made ring is of similar nature, though it is only a matter of understanding its specific function.

What Snakebite knows.

1. Hakan had created this ring using, according to the Paruma, already ancient magic he does not understand.

2. Both Kayara and the Paruma are bound to this ring.

3. It seems to weld itself to whoever enters the temple.

4. With it comes visions of the past.

5. Other weird things like Kayara's zombie-thing appearing, dreams about Neil coming at you with a gun and the jungle growing, and Doji as a young man seem to also be related to it.

Therefore, it seems that this ring acts as an absorber of past events. There are many ways to but the specifics of how this ring does escapes you. Perhaps it was from all the millennia it and the temple's inhabitants has spent, revisiting old memories. Perhaps it has gained the power over the years or had it from the start. In any case, it bleeds through into your head and you are beset with visions. 

From how the Paruma seems to have come ahead of you, perhaps the ring also acts as a beacon for those it is bound to. Maybe you dragged the Paruma here, or maybe even freed it from its temple-prison. But where has Kayara gone to then? Was the ring, and not the temple, the true prison after all?

As for ridding herself of it, you know not how. You also do not know why binds itself to people.

The Medicine roll's okay. Least you're of some help. I'll put that up in the next GM post.

Tell me what you'll be doing for the whole evening here or write it in your IC post. We may just write off the timeskip if you decide to do something crazy. If not, then crazy comes to you.

Edited by Zeitgeist Blue