Sandman XI (Silver) - Quark - PL13 Hero (NPC Tier 2)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, pick an idea, but no matter which one you pick, if Quark is but an infant and indeed below average member of a race of jacked up supergenius overgods well beyond him and his int 40 and so forth, then they don't live on Earth, or indeed, in the dimension Earth is in. I don't want any of them on Earth and I struggle mightily as is with how they haven't sallied forth to kick Omega's ass already.

The Terminus invasion wasn't really like crisis as far as dimensions being smushed together, as far as it goes.

Quark isn't a normal one for this race. He's a genius amongst geniuses (Brainiac's people have 8th level intellect, he has a 12th level intellect). Unlike his people, who only do theoretical research, he uses his knowledge to help people out. They see him as somewhat of an outcast for this. A freak if you will. That's why they're not coming back to Earth anytime soon.

Added Weakness (mental effects; common, minor; -2)

Added Benefit (Super Memory)

Added Benefit (Int for Perform and Profession)

Is the "Super Memory" the same thing another char had, letting you Take 20 on Knowledge checks as if you had a Library on you at all times?

That second Benefit... no. Benefits typically let you switch the attributes for one skill. So you could do something like "Use Int instead of Cha for Perform/Keyboard."

Is the "Super Memory" the same thing another char had, letting you Take 20 on Knowledge checks as if you had a Library on you at all times?
Yeup.
That second Benefit... no. Benefits typically let you switch the attributes for oneskill. So you could do something like "Use Int instead of Cha for Perform/Keyboard."
I modeled this one after the one that several small animals get in the errata. Benefit (substitute Dex for Str for skill checks). Note that I'm not saying he replace his Intelligence with everything, but a few skills that seem more like knowledge skills in the first place. Should it really take Charisma to know how to play an instrument? Should it take Wisdom to know the ways around a business?

I modeled this one after the one that several small animals get in the errata. Benefit (substitute Dex for Str for skill checks).

Guess how many Str skill there are (in the Core book)?

Exactly one: Climb.

Should it really take Charisma to know how to play an instrument? Should it take Wisdom to know the ways around a business?

Perform checks aren't about how well you know a piece of music or how technically proficient you are (though those are factors), they're primarily to see how others react to your performance, which is why it's a Cha check.

Any (good) businessman would tell you Intelligence and Wisdom are both important: Int to know the rules and laws, and how to use or circumvent them as needed (which is more under Know/Business & Know/Civics), but Wis covers things like confidence in making (or resisting) deals and insight/gut feelings for which way the economy/markets are going (like Sense Motive, but applied to large intangible forces rather than people).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...