Tiffany Korta

Space Adventures: Silver Dream Machine

Deep Space, Lor Border Zone

14th Jyeshtha 2075

"I did not know that Terrans still had a nudity taboo!"

A bemused Sitara walked back into the cabin of the Kavaca zipping up her freshly donned jumpsuit, the ships proximity alarm providing a well-timed distraction.

The voice of Akazavani spoke as soon as Sitara entered the cabin, she could speak where she wanted in the ship and even had a holographic image for just such occasions. But she was being well behaved today, obviously, she understood Terran behaviour better than Sitara did.

"We're picking up a distress call from a Lor Navy ship, the Glorious Exploration of the Unknown."

Alex had been almost too excited to sleep! But it was nothing that the luxurious advanced material upholstry and reactive automatic enviromental controls couldn't overcome.

He'd woken up after 8 hours and spent the next 20 or so minuites exploring the various features of his room, particularly enjoying the sonic shower before getting himself dressed and stepping out into the cabin.

"Morning, sitara, akazavani...well relatively i guess." He mused as he stretched out a little.

He was about to ask if they had a gym on board or the like when he noticed the air.

"Something up?"

The Traveller

Sitara took the pilot seat and began to prepare the Kavaca to drop back to normal space.

"We've received a distress call from a Lor naval ship, I don't know how it works on Terra but we're obliged to offer assistance." to be fair she would always stop to offer help, but it made explaining easier, plus it was always an adventure even if occasionally it was a trap

"Well I do at least, you're welcome to stay on board, though it could be interesting for you to meet your interstellar cousins!"

"Its so weird that you're from earth but know nothin bout the modern day on it." He mused off handedly as he strapped himself into a chair following sitara's lead.

"But yeah, im up to meet some starmen and women, derring some do and the like!" He laughed a little

"Bet you'd like a break from teachin me how the appliances work too eh akazavani?"

GM Post

"I would be a terrible host and ship if I didn't keep you entertained." it was difficult to tell if Akazavani was joking or not "We are at the coordinates now."

The Kavaca dropped out of superluminal speed a short distance, in a stellar sense, from the Lor ship. It was a thing of beauty all elegant curves in a bright white as if the ship was carved from white marble. Though in the darkness of space it only shone where the Kavaca's lights fell upon it.

"No response from our arrival, I am only getting feedback from the comms. Lifestyle reading are faint but indeterminable."

The Traveller

Sitara concentrated as she swung the Kavaca carefully around the ship using the lights to look at the state of the pure white hull.

"No outwards signs of damage or scorching from weapons fire, scans show the ship hasn't been here more than a day or so. Not enough time for the repair nanite to do there work."

It wasn't difficult to tell that Sitara was nervous about the whole things, lots of unknowns that could cause them all kinds of trouble. After a few more minutes she came to a decision and added.

"Akazavani get the ship to deploy a docking port but don't interface with the systems over there, I don't want you coming down with something!"

"Spooky....a ghost ship!" Facs chuckled a nervous chuckle as he unbuckled his seatbelt and stood up to pace a little as he did when he was nervous

"you got a comm link i can borrow if we need to split up and look for clues?" He half joked as he examined the ship, it was difficult to gauge just how big it was without anything to compare it too but he got the feeling it was big enough to warrent splitting up.

The Traveller

Smiling Sitara got out of the pilot's seat and the ship began the complicated dance of docking with the other vessel, it was early enough that the ship could handle everything itself.

"Akazavani please note that I'm deputising this Terran, which allows him full access to Praetorian equipment etc, etc. As we don't know what we'll find we're going to have to treat this as a potentially hazardous environment."

Walking to a series of lockers just outside the cabin she opened one to pull out what appeared to be a spacesuit, though much thinner than those you'd find back on Earth. As she held out the suit she pressed the wall which showed a display, altering it until it displayed instructions in English.

"You'll need to put this on just to be safe, just follow the instructions and you should be fine. It's adjustable to a point so don't go too crazy until we know what's happening. And don't worry I'll be docking the ship so I won't peek as you change!" she grinned as she said this

"Uh thanks!" He said a little shocked at the promise he wouldn't be peeked at whilst changing but largely unperturbed.

Quickly stripping and changing into the sleek spacesuit he takes a moment to chuck his clothes bundle back into the cabin he was using.