Space Adventures: Silver Dream Machine

The Traveller

Sitara considered all the options for a moment before finally speaking

“The good news is this doesn’t look like the ships AI, in fact, I think the system might be down because of whatever happened to the ship. Unexplained power burst fit with a jump engine discharge.”

She checked the information on the holo on her wrist before adding.

“Besides I doubt the wall systems work down here, they expect their Engineers to know where everything is on a ship! So feel free, if trouble starts I’ll be here to help.”

"haha, thanks...I am a bit more capable than I look but it's nice to have back up." He commented as he removed one of the suits gloves and flexed his fingers in the air of the cabin for a moment and moving it slowly towards the wall.

It wasn't a certain thing that the wall interface wasn't present so he kept cautious as he brushed his fingers over the metal and down towards the control panel looking for anything anomalous to his touch.

GM Post

Compared to the almost sereneness of the ship now Facsimile was filled with memories of a ship in chaos, alarms blaring and various Lor running down the corridor. It looked like a typical scene from one of the many Earth Sci-fi shows and movies.

Suddenly there was a wall of electricity running down the corridor, sweeping away everything as it did, until it passed the point they were and no more Lor in the area anymore. Though for a moment he thought he’d seen a form of a humanoid made out of the streaming electricity...

"hmm well....it seems whatever got them they knew well enough to run away from at least...some wall of electricity that seemed to sweep away everything it passed over, might have even been aware and intelligent from how it seemed to be chasing them down....think I even saw a vaguely humanoid figure in it." he recounted as he pulled away and rubbed his temples "still not used to doing that you know?" He explained as he shook it off.

"But yeah Electricity seems to be it's thing, put on your gumshoes if you got any."

• 2 weeks later...

The Traveller

Sitara had travelled the universe for many years and seen and heard many strange things, and this didn’t even reach the top ten of that strangeness. She’d heard of similar tales through her centuries of travel.

“Well, that complicated thing! The good news is that the crew are probably stuck in a dimensional pocket, the bad news is that it protected by creatures that exist between dimensions.”

With further scanning, she nodded as she reached a conclusion.

“As I thought the area of most instability is around the engines, that’s our best chance to recover the crew. But those creatures are going to give us some trouble that's for sure. You ready for this?”

• 3 weeks later...

GM Post

The corridors might appear to be simple metal but it was something special a composite of metals and plastic, though forced to be neither, with little crystal embedded that carried the signals throughout the ship. As well as the echoes of the ships electronic systems there was also a pull towards the engines, towards the jump space that the ship held within its very structure.

As they got closer to the engineering he could start to see almost imperceivable electrical trails going back towards the engine core, it should be possible to see where they’d all gone.

"trippy material...hmm. I think I can see...lightning creature tracks though, going that-away." He pointed at the electronic trails that cut through the air.

"If these things took the crew we should find em there right?" A safe guess, assuming they were still alive of course, he knew very little about these entities after all.

"Is there normally some kinda shield thing that keeps these things at bay that got blew out when the generator went down?" He asked as he plodded along, hands raised and at the ready to defend himself and sitara from any ambushing electro-entities.

"I mean you seem to know what they are and want, has this happend before?"

• 3 months later...

The Traveller

Sitara smiled at the questioned, it showed an interest in what was going on and she always valued that.

“On many worlds there are tales of seas where ship are grounded by strange and unusual phenomena. Same goes for space...” she paused, always enjoy the drama of telling a good tale

“But there are actually creatures that lived in the folds between space and subspace, I’ve encountered similar beast a couple of times. It doesn’t often end well! Still this time you’ve got me, which success dramatically!”

"Cool so they're like gophers then...only electric and spooky instead of fluffy and tiny gotcha." Facsimile reaffirmed with a hearty thumbs up.

"I've had an encounter with a electricity guy back when I was just getting started, Bolt the living lightning I think they was called...fast and angry as heck." Problematic to fight too but that went without saying.

"These things take well to being punched or are alternative tactics called for?"

The Traveller

In her travels she had encountered many creatures and it took her a few moments to recall the Earth creature, not on she’d ever encountered but she’d seen similar on many worlds. She racked her brain for a few moments for a good analogue from her time back home.

“More like a spider, they feel the vibrations of the ship entering subspace like a web. Luckily we’re indigestible to them, but we still want to get the Lor out of their nest.”

They were close now according to her holomap, so soon they’d see what they faced.

"Well that could be cute or horrifying." Facsimile mumbled as he touched his fingers to his belt and transformed from an engine to a solid steel figure  "hope they're more jumping spider and less nightmare nope spider." 

He shifted his stance slightly as they drew closer, less of a relaxed and upright walk and more of a battle ready coil as he kept his eyes on as much around him as he could.

"I'm guessing these things are pure instinct if they're just attacking whatever sets them off? "

• 2 weeks later...

The Traveller

Sitara didn't pause as she accessed the panel for the door the Engineering, it must have closed as a safety feature when the accident happened. Whilst focused on the panel she was still paying enough attention to answer the question.

“Good question! And the answer is we don’t know, they happen rarely enough that we can’t gauge there intelligence. Beside they’re so alien in nature I’m not sure we’d even be able to tell.”

She stood up as the panel made a friendly little beep, with a satisfied look she smiled at the teen before deploying her power pike and asking

“You ready for this?”

With a nod of his heavy metal head along with cacophonous clang of his steel fists slamming together and even sparking ever a little he smirked a silver toothed smile.

"I was born ready."

Despite his bravado he had come to acknowledge that his greatest strength came from his adaptability to situations as they arose and he already had a few plans to follow through with incase good old clobbering with metal meat hooks didn't carry the day.