Jump to content
Tiffany Korta

Space Adventures: Silver Dream Machine

Recommended Posts

Deep Space, Lor Border Zone

14th Jyeshtha 2075

 

"I did not know that Terrans still had a nudity taboo!"

 

A bemused Sitara walked back into the cabin of the Kavaca zipping up her freshly donned jumpsuit, the ships proximity alarm providing a well-timed distraction.

 

The voice of Akazavani spoke as soon as Sitara entered the cabin, she could speak where she wanted in the ship and even had a holographic image for just such occasions. But she was being well behaved today, obviously, she understood Terran behaviour better than Sitara did.

 

"We're picking up a distress call from a Lor Navy ship, the Glorious Exploration of the Unknown."

Share this post


Link to post

Alex had been almost too excited to sleep! But it was nothing that the luxurious advanced material upholstry and reactive automatic enviromental controls couldn't overcome.

 

He'd woken up after 8 hours and spent the next 20 or so minuites exploring the various features of his room, particularly enjoying the sonic shower before getting himself dressed and stepping out into the cabin.

 

"Morning, sitara, akazavani...well relatively i guess." He mused as he stretched out a little.

 

He was about to ask if they had a gym on board or the like when he noticed the air.

 

"Something up?"

Share this post


Link to post

The Traveller

Sitara took the pilot seat and began to prepare the Kavaca to drop back to normal space.

 

"We've received a distress call from a Lor naval ship, I don't know how it works on Terra but we're obliged to offer assistance." to be fair she would always stop to offer help, but it made explaining easier, plus it was always an adventure even if occasionally it was a trap

 

 

"Well I do at least, you're welcome to stay on board, though it could be interesting for you to meet your interstellar cousins!"

Share this post


Link to post

"Its so weird that you're from earth but know nothin bout the modern day on it." He mused off handedly as he strapped himself into a chair following sitara's lead.

 

"But yeah, im up to meet some starmen and women, derring some do and the like!" He laughed a little

 

"Bet you'd like a break from teachin me how the appliances work too eh akazavani?"

Share this post


Link to post

 

GM Post

"I would be a terrible host and ship if I didn't keep you entertained." it was difficult to tell if Akazavani was joking or not "We are at the coordinates now."

 

The Kavaca dropped out of superluminal speed a short distance, in a stellar sense, from the Lor ship. It was a thing of beauty all elegant curves in a bright white as if the ship was carved from white marble. Though in the darkness of space it only shone where the Kavaca's lights fell upon it.

 

"No response from our arrival, I am only getting feedback from the comms. Lifestyle reading are faint but indeterminable."

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller

Sitara concentrated as she swung the Kavaca carefully around the ship using the lights to look at the state of the pure white hull.

 

"No outwards signs of damage or scorching from weapons fire, scans show the ship hasn't been here more than a day or so. Not enough time for the repair nanite to do there work."

 

It wasn't difficult to tell that Sitara was nervous about the whole things, lots of unknowns that could cause them all kinds of trouble. After a few more minutes she came to a decision and added.

 

"Akazavani get the ship to deploy a docking port but don't interface with the systems over there, I don't want you coming down with something!"

Share this post


Link to post

"Spooky....a ghost ship!" Facs chuckled a nervous chuckle as he unbuckled his seatbelt and stood up to pace a little as he did when he was nervous

 

 "you got a comm link i can borrow if we need to split up and look for clues?" He half joked as he examined the ship, it was difficult to gauge just how big it was without anything to compare it too but he got the feeling it was big enough to warrent splitting up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller

Smiling Sitara got out of the pilot's seat and the ship began the complicated dance of docking with the other vessel, it was early enough that the ship could handle everything itself.

 

"Akazavani please note that I'm deputising this Terran, which allows him full access to Praetorian equipment etc, etc. As we don't know what we'll find we're going to have to treat this as a potentially hazardous environment."

 

Walking to a series of lockers just outside the cabin she opened one to pull out what appeared to be a spacesuit, though much thinner than those you'd find back on Earth. As she held out the suit she pressed the wall which showed a display, altering it until it displayed instructions in English.

 

"You'll need to put this on just to be safe, just follow the instructions and you should be fine. It's adjustable to a point so don't go too crazy until we know what's happening. And don't worry I'll be docking the ship so I won't peek as you change!" she grinned as she said this

Share this post


Link to post

"Uh thanks!" He said a little shocked at the promise he wouldn't be peeked at whilst changing but largely unperturbed.

 

Quickly stripping and changing into the sleek spacesuit he takes a moment to chuck his clothes bundle back into the cabin he was using.

Share this post


Link to post

GM Post
As the display instructed the fitting of the suit, Sitara had chosen a voice that wasn't Akazavani so it wasn't too embarrassing, between her and the ship they flawlessly docked with the Lor craft. The airlock was almost perfect match for the ancient Delaztri craft, Sitara had pondered if the Lor hadn't picked up certain designs from that fallen empire. One day she'd have to take a look at that, maybe another bout of academics was in order.

 

With clunk that vibrated through the hulls of craft, bit no further in the vacuum of space, normally the two would exchange friendly data about each other if Sitara hadn't told the Kavaca not to exchange such things. She didn't want either the ship or its crew to pick up something nasty.

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller

With a final check, Sitara set the systems on automatic, making sure that they'd be aware of any potential problem coming there way. It was unlikely this far out in space, but someone else might have detected the distress call, ones with less noble intents.

 

Standing up she deployed the body armour that would protect her from any dangers of the ship. A beautiful thing of gleaming white covered in amazing flourishes so it looked like a work of art. Giving the Terran a few more minutes to get used to the suit she stepped around to the airlock.

 

"You ready to go?"

Share this post


Link to post

"Yeah, this thing is pretty neat!" Flexing his arms and twisting a little "feels like im wearing nothin' at all." He was rather impressed all in all with the futuristic jump suit and its space age materials.

 

"You done ya sensor sweep full spectrum scan thing for anomalous anomalies?"

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller
Pressing the panel the airlock began to cycle and the inner door began to open.

"It may look deceptive but that's a military vessel, the Lor like make their ships look pretty! It'll be shielded from most scans, and anything deeper might set off defences. The Kavaca is quite advanced, thanks to my efforts, but I'd rather not risk it this far away from any aid."

She stepped into the airlock and through the clear faceplate, Facsimile could see her give a broad smile.

"Besides where you sense of adventure!"

Share this post


Link to post

"Yeah, i think i saw one in a paper once, earth is pretty active for that kinda thing you know?" He added flippantly.

 

"More a fan of the art deco look thing but hey...warship is a warship...heck of a thing to borrow from."

Share this post


Link to post

 

The Traveller
"When we have the time you'll have to tell me about this Art-Deco thing, it's been a long time since I've spent any time on Earth. Apart from the one time I helped some Terrans get home, I lost some good boots that day."

She stepped into the airlock and gestured for Facsimile to enter the airlock as well. A thought occurred to her so before cycling the airlock she turned to give the Terran a gentle warning.

"Just a warning we don't know what we'll find inside the ship, it's one thing when it's an alien but quite another when they look just like you."

Share this post


Link to post

"Yeah...don't worry bout me, ive seen a lot of messed up stuff already, dark magic and knife happy lunatics." He responded just as gently as he steadied himself, slapping his cheeks lightly.

 

"Lets get this show on the road, don't wanna keep riddley scott waiting." He stated confidently as he stepped into the boarding tunnel and began the slow walk towards the lor warship.

Share this post


Link to post

 

GM Post

Airlock tended to look the same whatever species you were and the Lor’s ship was much the same as the Kavaca. Sitara with some skill removed a panel and forced the ship to cycle it’s airlock manually, apparently, she didn’t want to rely on the automatic systems just on case. After what seemed an age the inner airlock door of the ship finally opened onto the interior of the ship.

 

The sleek white lines of the exterior seemed to be mirrored inside with the corridors being a similarly sculptured and gleaming. There must have been systems they couldn’t see as unless you knew the ship you’d never be able to navigate the craft well.

Share this post


Link to post

"Haha, their superior intellect was no match for our puny bodies." He stated over dramatically as sitara hotwired the air lock and he walked out into the ships walk ways and looked around a little.

 

"Not the best interior decorating but hey, they know what they like and the stuck their ground i guess, even if it is a bit headachey..." he complained as looked down and up the seemingly endless corridor.

 

"They got some kinda holographic map thing on the walls?" He asked even as he tapped his fingers against it like the touch screen of some kind of smart device

Share this post


Link to post

The Traveller

Before he could touch the walls Sitara gently grabbed his hand.

 

“Let’s not wake the system up, just in case there are still defences active. The Lor share your capacity for quite nasty and inventive defences.”

 

With a few simple manipulations on her wrist panel, she bought up a hologram of the ship's layout.

 

“Luckily these ships tend to use the same layout, the bridge should be this way.” she gestured down one of the almost identical looking corridors “From there we should be able to shut down the defences and get a feel for what happened here.”

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh yeah right." Facs mumbled as he stepped back from the wall and looked down the corridors again for any signs of what might've happend.

 

"No sign of damage or struggle i can see here....whats our next move oh captain my captain?" He teased playfully to break up the eerie atmosphere of the ghost warship

Share this post


Link to post

GM Post

The Bridge was similar to the rest of the ship, with it clean and sweeping lines and a mix of physical and holographic controls. It was bathed in a red light that suggested that there had been some that was aware of whatever had been happening to the ship.

 

Though like everywhere they’d been no sign of the crew could be found, though no warm drinks or half eaten food was around to show how recently this had all happened. The screen seemed to be going through a series of complicated calculations and data flashed on the various displays, but it was difficult to tell exactly what they were doing right now.

Share this post


Link to post

The Traveller

Having trained as an Engineer for thousands of generation it didn’t take long for Sitara to figure out what had been going on, her fingers flying across the panels coalescing the data into a holographic image of the ship. In sort sequence the two pods at the end of the ship glowed bright blue before stopping suddenly, the image repeating again and again as the image played.

 

“It looks like they were about to go to warp when something happened, that was the energy burst and then the shipped stalled. Must have had time to give out a distress call and the main energy is still going, this a little on the weird side.” she looked at her Terran companion and gave a little smile “Sorry I get a little carried away sometime, did you understand anything of what I said?”

Share this post


Link to post

"uuh yeah I think; they were gonna use there faster than light and something went wrong and now they're all...not here because spacetime went weird ?"

 

Facsimile reasoned, it sounded like a plot from a old sci to show he used to watch.

Share this post


Link to post

 

GM Post

“The best option is to go take a look at there jump engines if there’s any leak over between dimensions it’ll be there! Let’s go take a look!”

 

As they got towards the rear of the ship, where Sitara explained the warp engines were located, the gleaming white corridors got a little less cleaner. But it wasn’t the dirty look of the workings parts of the ships there were circular marks around the corridor and the smell of ozone that suggested there had recently been a massive electrical discharge. Which couldn’t be good for anyone that had been around at the time.

 

“Well good news is that I’m not getting any organic residue, though I’m getting some very strange readings.”

Share this post


Link to post

"sweet no people jam is always a good sign.' he chimed optimistically as he examined his surroundings a little more.

 

"I know you said like no touching but that's like my whole thing...I can absorb properties and even information from stuff I touch." He explained as he rubbed his helmeted chin a little.

 

"I guess it's a matter of risk Vs potential rewards when the time comes to it." He offered "otherwise I'm a bit outside my depth here."

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...