Racing Death OOC

EternalPhoenix

Wait, I'm confused. Who's where so far?

Supercape posted as if Rev was with Sofia and Dom, but then Tarrak posted as if Chrome was with Rev, but at the spot where Dewstar's working. And it's kind of snowballing from there.

Those are 2 different locations, yeah? So who's actually going to which one? 

The way I read it (and wrote the initial order of events), everyone entered at one end. Sofia and Dom peeled off pretty early, and Dewstar's down the other end. It's not a short location, being easily over a dozen mechanics bays lined up next to each other. Rev stayed with the brother and sister duo, but Chrome kept going down to the other end where our assassin is. I do not know what Ex is up to, though it seems like he's in between the two locations. Taking A Third Option, as it were.

Edit after rereading: Or I really, really have no idea what Ex is doing.

Edited by EternalPhoenix
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, EternalPhoenix said:

Before @Tarrakhash posts, @KnightDisciple I'm not trying to pick a fight with the Raven. So...if that's overdoing it or...I dunno...let me know how I can fix it so Dew's not starting a fight.

Alek isn't going to immediately start fighting, though he is absolutely much more on-guard at this point. I need to get moving but I'm going to post some rolls later, he's going to use feat combos to make a check. 

If its ok with you EP, spending a hero point to get triggered 1 feat on Rev's boost. Fluffing that to say that Sofia and Rev rig an emergency pull cord to the drivers seat that if activated gets the Boost 4 effect (increasing Speed to Rank whatever). Of course, may want to use the complication Rev has of accidentally overdriving / damaging the engine when its activated, depending on drama!

That is, if Sofia agrees of course!

On 1/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, Supercape said:

If its ok with you EP, spending a hero point to get triggered 1 feat on Rev's boost. Fluffing that to say that Sofia and Rev rig an emergency pull cord to the drivers seat that if activated gets the Boost 4 effect (increasing Speed to Rank whatever). Of course, may want to use the complication Rev has of accidentally overdriving / damaging the engine when its activated, depending on drama!

That is, if Sofia agrees of course!

That fully depends on what Rev says to convince her to allow it. :D

On 1/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, KnightDisciple said:

Gonna use a Hero Point for Beginner's Luck in 5 ranks in Knowledge: Arcane Lore. So between that and Int, a +9, with another +4 if we let Eidetic Memory show up. I have OOC suspicions but Alek should roll: 26, 30 if EM applies. Trying to determine just what Dewstar/Daria is.

Well, obviously, she ain't from around these parts. :D But that's a good roll, and I'll give you plenty for it.

Spoiler

Bluntly, she's an subspecies of elf. There's a lot of names for them. Forest Elves. Wood Elves. Bosmer. Silvan Elves. They appear on a number of different worlds, but this Earth is not among them. They're talented, as a general rule, at archery, stealth, and tracking. They do not usually have the ability to teleport. They certainly aren't normally thieves or assassins, either. They especially don't have canines that sharp. Or flinch slightly every time the sun touches bare skin. Or look vaguely hungry whenever someone visibly full of vitality walks by.

Yeah, she's definitely some kind of vampire, too. And the odds are great it's not a type found on this Earth. Not having any actual training in this area, Alek can't analyze  any further.

So, what I cut the first time, plus a bit more as I think you need it.

Spoiler

Duncan's files don't indicate any superpowers, in fact the opposite is true. The reason he wanted help is that she is a master of stealth and escape artisty, and simply will not stand and fight if she can avoid it. He also makes specific mention of her professionalism at that point. She was never the type to endanger innocent lives so she could get away. In fact, she went out of her way not to. And there were always rumors of her actually helping people for no readily apparent reason. The help was to corner her properly, as he simply couldn't manage it with just himself.

Callie's additions make mention of her having superpowers now and wondering if Duncan had missed them. A footnote to that (a note [To The Lady Raven, From A Grey Fox] answering a question asked in an encounter between them) confirms that no, she didn't have powers back then. The powers noted are shadow teleporting, full invisibility, and draining vitality with a touch. As stated, however, her personality hadn't changed a bit. Thus, Callie couldn't corner the woman on her own either, and forcing her to fight would have been much more dangerous than in Duncan's day. With higher technology on the job, Callie managed to confirm occasional heroic behavior and the reason behind it. Dewstar never worked for free. The level of compensation varied from nearly nothing to a king's ransom, but every single time Dewstar was seen doing anything (or the act was attributed to her) she was being compensated in some way. It wasn't always money, either. Now and then it was to earn a favor or for mere personal satisfaction (which varied from killing someone who managed the impressive feat of enraging her to just playing tricks on those with unnecessarily large egos). Sometimes two or all three motives combined.

To put it an OOC way? She's a very, very chaotic neutral rogue, minus the chronic betrayal of allies and kleptomania aspects. Which can confuse the living hell out of any Batman type. Thief? Yes. Killer? Yes. Outright evil? There's a more complicated question. I do understand that in the Freedomverse she's most def getting the criminal supervillain lock her up treatment, but that doesn't mean a hero can't have somewhat mixed feelings on the subject.

• 1 month later...