Golgotha Tenement Blues OOC

angrydurf

Neat and tidy all in a row!

Setting  new scene as of arrival at the warehouse for HP etc.  I think I got the awards and luck right lemme know if I missed something.

Round 1  

BossMan         15                       Unharmed

Strix                  14        2HP       Unharmed

Judex               13        1HP       Unharmed

Thorne             12        3HP       Unharmed

He'll make an attack at -4 to launch a bolt through Strix's heart.  getting a 19  that's a DC 20 Toughness check.  In addition to the normal damage it will incapacitate Strix if he fails the save.  (Earning him an HP)

Strix will be up after my IC

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Mister Strix

Move Action: Demoralize the Bossman.

Intimidate check at -5: 14, or 16 if Strix's Deathly Aura comes into play.

Free Action: Switch his Vampire Power array to the Autofire slot.

Standard Action: Charge the Bossman with an unarmed attack.

That's +2 Attack and -2 Defense.

He'll All-Out Attack for another +2 Attack / -2 Defense.

Attack roll: 29.

If that hits, then it's a DC24 Toughness save, +1DC for every 2 points over the target number.

He's at +5 Defense until his next action.

That'll be DC 26

Toughness save:  1d20+5=23

He is bruised:

Round 1  

BossMan         15                       Bruised x 1

Strix                  14        3HP       Unharmed

Judex               13        1HP       Unharmed

Thorne             12        3HP       Unharmed

Judex is up @KnightDisciple

*edit* giving Strix an HP because the guy fear warded in prep for his arrival.  Not because I forgot to do the intimidate part no not at all ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Grumblefloof @KnightDisciple @Tiffany Korta

Let me know if you want to do some further investigation of the location or try to get more out of the prisoner.  His mind is pretty toasted from the supernatural effects that have hit him and the price of coming down of the magic he used.

DC 20 Search to find out more about what the operation was dealing in, DC 20 Knowledge Arcane lore to figure out the source of his power.  Or you can try to use powers directly on him for pre-postcog, mind reading deep probe etc.

Knowledge (Arcane) check with Jack of All Trades: 8. Nope.

He's got +15 Search, so if he can take 10, he gets 25.

Definitely taking a drink from the bad guy to use Mind Reading and Postcognition. Let me know if you want any rolls for the latter.

Mind Reading check (opposed by Will save): 27.

Will save is 12  and rereading mindreading two more for more intervals just in case:  22, 28  for efficiency I'll just use your initial roll vs those checks which gets you to the 5 min interval so probably all the questions you want to ask.

Surface thoughts are mostly scattered nonsense about the city falling into hell and demons consuming it, Judex or Strix hunting him down, and the lieutenants he mistreated coming to get even now that he's been publicly humiliated.  He's probably going to flee the city but isn't sure he'll be allowed to.  He's a tiny bit out of touch with reality.

Do you want to do the search or the postcog before the mind read?

Alright info from a postcog in the IC.

I can answer questions here and you can search right after that or ask questions first.

When you  (or someone else) makes the Search DC, you'll find the boxes are about evenly split between high grade drugs, a wider variety tham most operations that specialize in one drug of choice.  This is pretty split between coke, heroin, meth, and assorted designer drugs.  In the office, unlocked, there are cut versions of the above, but with a distinct rusty tinge and a slightly coppery taste/smell.  Below the office is the door and keypad Strix saw in his postcog.

A DC 25 search reveals the name of the company that owns the warehouse to be Odyssey Imports on some paperwork in the office.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Thornes Arcane Lore can reveal more about the magic put on the building as well as that used by the Boss.  It was all borrowed power.  He's a minor league practitioner with a much more potent patron that lent a fraction of their power to him to support this operation.  Not enough of a signature to trace it to the source but enough that you'll recognize it if you encounter it again.