Golgotha Tenement Blues OOC

angrydurf

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strix with a 21 outside the building will catch initially that the fire escapes are basically unusable from lack of maintenance, misuse by residents and in a couple places near Sams floor intentional sabotage.  Fits with the planned arson he saw in the earlier thugs memories.  While the roofs are clear he will catch sight of a steady stream of low rent thugs in the style of those you fought in the church heading into the main entrance shortly after the others go inside.

Liam with a 21 will not that the halls are a bit too empty and while a few people peek out of doors as you pass they quickly shut and lock them.  Something has spooked or warned alot of the residents and they are making themselves intentionally scarce.  At least one of the junkies huddled in the stairwell have shoes that are far to nice for the role they are trying to play.  Probably lookouts.

Rosa's medicine will find that while the womans heart rate is subdued as if in a very deep sleep she is breathing and doesn't seem to be in distress at the moment.  The tracks on her arms probably give a better answer of what she's on then anything Sam will admit.

basic idea being going down will probably mean fighting you way through whoever got sent in after you all.

I'm a little fuzzy on our action economy at the moment, but I'm going to assume I can step out of the door and to one side, and then still also activate this power from The Fear of The Lord array:

Emotion Control 7(Extras: Area  [General, Shapeable, 7 5ft cubes]; FlawsLimited to Fear, Action [Full]) [7PP] (Holy) ("Is Clean And Enduring Forever")

Shaping would be the first guy through the door and back out into the hall, but not hitting Doc Thorne, Strix, or the civilians we're protecting. I can say this is held/delayed/triggered by the first person into the room. It's a DC 17 Will save. 

The plan for Mister Strix is to have him grab all 3 civilians and either jump directly up to the roof, or over to the nearest building. He could even zig-zag a little, hitting the side of the next building and then jumping up from there. He's got Wall-Crawling, Leaping (90ft standing long jump or 45ft standing high jump), and enough Super-Strength that his Light Load is 612 pounds, which I'm almost certain is higher than the weight of this entire family.

Just lemme know when to post IC.

Alright sorry this languished while I was clobbered by the RL monstar.

Strix can get them to the roof of either this or a neighboring building.  This building means still needing ot get them down somehow, neighboring building means possibly being stuck if the doors are locked or at the least being noticed in the descent.  Up to you where you take them though.

The illusion will buy time to get them up there and the fear added in will end up giving you guys a surprise round as they hold off on going in and risking breaking the illusion.  I'll get a quick IC up for that and then Floaty can get his IC while we get init sorted for hallway fight

and npcs go on 8

For cinematic flair and ease of rolling I'm lumping the minions into groups of 5. They'll be effectively making combined attack/aid actions with one as designated hitter to effectively bump PL by 2 from 4 to 6 offensively that will erode as they are injured.  up to 5 at a time can be taken out by takedown attack at melee range.  AOE can hit more.  More groups will arrive/be encountered periodically as this will be a mobile fight if you all try to fight down to ground floor and get out.  DC to hit is 14, 12 flat footed.

Initiative: surprise round  

Dr. Thorne       17  (Unharmed, 4HP)

Judex               15  (Unharmed, 5HP)

Mr. Strix           10  (Unharmed, 4HP)

Minions!             8  (5 groups of 5)

Dr. Thorne is up

Group at the door rolls toughness.  19, 16, 22, 6, 17  first minion actually toughs it out stopping the takedown cascade before it begins.  

go ahead and post the result if you like and Mr. Strix will be up.  You can consider them lightly armored with like biker leathers or what not.  Not exactly a no sell but he keeps his feet possibly held up by the other minions.

Mist Form was the most recently used AP in Strix's array, so I'm assuming that's still the active power.

I'm also assuming that the 500ft of movement he has with one move action is enough to get up and over the roof, inside, and down the stairs.

Free Action: Activate Mist Form (Flight + Insubstantial).

Move Action: Fly up onto the roof, through the cracks in whatever access panel there is up there, and down the stairs.

Free Action: De-active Mist Form.

Free Action: Switch array slots.

Standard Action: Use Emotion Control (Fear).

Anyone who can't see him is unaffected.

Anyone who tries not to look at his face gets a DC18 Reflex save. If they succeed, then they avoid the effect, but he has total Visual concealment from them.

Anyone who fails that Reflex save, or who doesn't try to avert their eyes, needs to make a DC18 Will save.

His Emotion Control is Distracting, so he's flat-footed until his next action.

If they're minions, then don't they suffer the worst possible effect no matter how much they fail the save by?

It's a Shaken/Frightened/Panicked attack, so if they're minions, then anyone who fails by 1+ is Panicked.

M&M2E Core:

Panicked: A Panicked character flees as fast as possible, or cowers, Dazed, if unable to get away. A Panicked character defends normally, but cannot attack.

Ultimate Power:

Failure by 10 or more means the subject is Panicked, dropping any held items and fleeing blindly from the source of the fear. A Panicked subject unable to flee cowers and does not attack, most likely using Total Defense instead.

So your call as to how many, if any, are "in a position to flee" and start running, versus how many drop and go fetal.

Note: Also, it's not a Selective Area, so either of the PCs could get "hit" if they're in a position to be able to see him.

Yea I wasn't sure if you were going for a generalized panic or setting up for attacks.

Stairwell itself is not in LOS of the apartment with a couple doorways between so easy to not hit the PCs

Minions in the stairwell not so lucky.  About ten are in LOS a group on the stairs and one around the door into the hallway.  

10#1d20: 10 # 16 [1d20=16] 18 [1d20=18] 13 [1d20=13] 1 [1d20=1] 20 [1d20=20] 12 [1d20=12] 3 [1d20=3] 5 [1d20=5] 16 [1d20=16] 1 [1d20=1]

All but two are panicked and those two are not gonna be able to do much with the rest of them trying to run away or hide.

Tiff Thorne is up if she's gonna go this round effectively.  If not I'll get an IC for the minion up tomarrow.