Players Name:Golentan

Power Level:6

Characters Name: Edge

Alternate Identity: Jamie

Height: 4'2

Weight: 60 lbs.

Hair: Black

Eyes: Black

Description: Jamie (no known last name) is an orphaned child, living on the streets of Freedom City. He would be fairly ordinary, except that he is the wielder of a magical, sentient kukri that simply calls itself "Edge." Edge has many powers related to death and combat, and passes along its insights to Jamie. Edge's knowledge and powers have allowed Jamie to survive on the streets, become a minor super hero, and evade the authorities, but they frequently come into contention on the subject of killing. Jamie is opposed to any loss of life, for fear of leaving someone in a situation like his own, while Edge views enemies as fit only to be excised from the ranks of the living. While acting as a hero, Jamie has adopted his ally's name for his own, and wears a store bought black robe with a cloak and a ski mask with eyes cut into it.

History: Jamie can't remember anything before he was seven. He knows he had parents back then, because the nurses told him so. His family was involved in a car crash, which killed his parents instantly. Jamie barely survived, unconscious for a full week, and doctors didn't think he'd make it. He spiraled closer and closer to death, and he remembers that part vividly. His soul was walking through the land of the dead, trying to find his family, and in the process delving deeper and deeper towards oblivion. Finally, on the seventh minute of the seventh hour of the seventh day, he came across a tall man, wrapped in shadows. The man called himself Edge, and promised to help Jamie, guide and protect him, if he would promise to turn back. Jamie reluctantly agreed, and turned around into the light. The next instant he found himself awake in the hospital. His vitals rallied, and he made a full recovery in miraculous time. He concealed the Kukri that he had found in his bed, and two days before the doctors planned to release him into the care of Social Services he escaped into the world.

Stats:

Str: 6 (-2)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 8 (-1)

Combat:

Attack: +8

Defense: +8 (+4 flat-footed)

Initiative: +4

Grapple: +6

Saves:

Toughness: -1

Fortitude: +11

Reflex: +11

Will: +8

Skills:

Knowledge: Streetwise 2 (+2)

Notice 2 (+2)

Feats:

Powers:

Device (Edge: Easy to Lose) 30, 92 points

Power Feats: Restricted 2 (Only people Edge likes [effectively only Jamie])

Enhanced Skills 13 (Acrobatics 8, Climb 6, Concentration 6, Escape Artist 6, Intimidate 4, Notice 6, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 10) 13 points

Enhanced Feats 15 (Acrobatic Bluff, All Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Elusive Target, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Power Attack, Redirect, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Uncanny Dodge (Visual)) 15 points

Enhanced Attack +8 16 points

Enhanced Defense +8 16 points

Enhanced Saving Throws (+11 Fort, +11 Refl, +4 Will) 26 points

1000 Strikes: Strike 4 (Extras: autofire 2) 13 points

AP: Precision Blows: Strike 4 (Extras: autofire, penetrating) 12 points

Death Blow: Drain Constitution 10 (Extras: No Saving Throw) 32 points

AP: Crippling Blow: Drain Strength 10 (Extras: No Saving Throw) 30 points

AP: Paralyzing Blow: Drain Dexterity 10 (Extras: No Saving Throw) 30 points

Deflect 8: Slow Projectiles/Melee only (Extras: Move Action) 16 Points

Speed 2: 3 points

AP: Leaping 2: x5

Drawbacks:

Complications: Must make opposed Will Save vs. Edge(the Device) to avoid killing foe: Both saves are at +4, so whichever roll is higher wins.

Disability: -1 toughness (1 point)

Tradeoffs: +8 attack/+4 Save DC, +10 Defense/+2 toughness

Costs: Abilities (-6) + Combat (00) + Saves (4) + Skills (1) + Feats (00) + Powers (92) - Drawbacks (1) = 90 Total Cost

How old is Jamie now? If I read your history correctly, Jamie's escaping from the hospital at the age of three? I'm not really believing that a three-year-old could effectively hide a kukri from hospital staff and escape from them, even with the weapon's super powers. I'd need to have his origin moved up a couple years, to at least six, before I'd consider approving him. I can believe a kindergartener (barely), but not a toddler.

The Drain power is well over your PL. Giving it the No Saving Throw modifier doesn't mean that it doesn't count against the PL limits. I also wouldn't approve a power that is a two-hit kill against the majority of the PCs here.

Your current tradeoff is +8 Defense/+4 Toughness.

If I were you, I'd be very concerned about losing the device. Someone who succeeds at a disarm attack has rendered you completely incapable of fighting. I would probably make this a hard-to-lose device and cut out some points from inside (such as reducing the Drain and lowering his saves).