Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The Bowles Household, Bayview, Freedom City
4th September 2018, around 10 am


Tomorrow was the big day when classes started at Freedom City University and it probably wasn't the best day to try and move into Dorms, but the Summer had been pretty challenging for a variety of reasons. So it would be sensible to be up and ready to start moving all of the stuff down to North End in the heart of Freedom City.


This wasn't the case with Melissa, however, who right now was face down, fully dressed snoring away. She'd meant to get an early night but had begun working on new chemical improvements, with her notes scattered around her sleeping form.

Share this post


Link to post

Outside of dreamland and back in the waking world, Baxter was busy being a responsible, well-meaning adult. It was a horrible sensation, but that didn't make it any less of a necessity. He'd been up early, squirreling away all of his own belongings for the coming school year. Melissa was *supposed* to be helping; instead, she'd been burning the midnight oil! He couldn't hold it against her - heck, he'd been in the same spot a few years back - but it was getting late. If they were going to get all this stuff done today, it meant poor Mel was going to have to miss out on the rest of that beauty sleep.

 

"Hey, Mel!" Baxter yelled from outside the bedroom door, giving it a few solid, resounding whomps to rouse her to attention. "C'mon! It's time to get up!"

Edited by SpicyWaffle

Share this post


Link to post

Bee

The door opened and a bleary-eyed Melissa looked out, her hair all piled up on one side. She was quiet for a moment, as quiet as she ever got, as her brain woke up. Then she gave a little yelp and slammed the door. There were general sounds of crashing and bashing that always resulted in Melissa doing anything in a hurry. The door then open and a more composed Melissa poked her head back around, looking a lot more composed.


"Good morning Uncle!" she gave Baxter a little peck on the cheek "How would you like to do things today?"

Share this post


Link to post

"We'll be doing things, uh..." Baxter began, though honestly he was just trying to get a glimpse beyond Melissa and into her room where the source of the ruckus originated. How could someone so small make so much noise? It was, if nothing else, utterly baffling. He began to ask, going so far as to open his mouth and arch his brow, but almost instantly shushed the thought away. Some things, perhaps, were better kept a mystery.

 

"I'd like to do things in as few trips if we can so we have time to settle in at FCU. Most of my stuff's all packed and ready to go, sleepyhead, so we really just need to get yours boxed up. Once we get everything in the car, we'll come back for the mattresses. Maybe we'll even steal the couch if nobody's watching," he jibbed, giving Mel a gentle, playful elbow. "Once our stuff's dropped off at the dorms, might be a good chance to take a real tour of the campus - y'know, the one the guides don't want you to see. Check out all the cool hotspots, find all the sweet places to party, maybe meet some of the freshmen settling in, that sort of stuff."

 

He shrugged his shoulders, giving his niece a wry smile.

 

"What? Moving doesn't have to suck. We could totally make it fun. You know, after the sucky parts are over."

Share this post


Link to post

 

Bee

"Oh I can use Dyne particles to shrink the couch and mattresses, I totally sure I've got the catastrophic energy discharge under control!" she scrunched up her face in thought before adding "You were kidding weren't you?" she gave a large smile as she finally realised.

 

"I've been good and packed ahead of time, well mostly..." she pointed to a pile of haphazard boxes, with the top one still open

 

She ran into the room, a riot of yellow and disorganised in the extreme, and began to quickly cram more stuff into the last box

 

"Please come in Uncle, I promise it's completely safe!"

Share this post


Link to post

"Famous last words," echoed Baxter. This was typically the part where he stepped inside and something exploded, or came crashing through a wall, or was just generally weirdly catastrophic -- not specifically in Melissa's case, but just in general these days. But step through the portal he did into Melissa's room, following his niece into the Inner Sanctum that was her small portion of the house.

 

"Huh. I'm honestly surprised. Would have thought you'd have about a kajillion more to pack," admitted the incognito Bee-Keeper, astounded that all but the last few remnants of Bee's own belongings weren't already set to go. "Maybe we really will have time to snag that couch!"

 

Scouring the room for anything that might still need to be stuffed into the lone remaining box, the apiary avenger added with a jovial wave of his hand, "Let me give you a hand, Mel. You point, I pack. Also, if we do take the couch, please don't accidentally blow it up with Dyne particles, Mel. Everyone needs a good couch in their dorm, but it's hard to explain a partially-blown-up couch to your roommates," he added, half in jest, half serious. He knew Mel could do it - she was a Bowles, after all! - and while he had the utmost faith in her, Baxter knew first hand that superpowers sometimes caused things go wrong; explodey, energy convex-y things being some of the chief offenders.

Share this post


Link to post

Bee
Melissa thought about her Uncles words for a few seconds before adding.

"Maybe a little more experimenting before we try it on the couch then, besides I pretty sure Mom really likes that one." she grinned

She then directed the packing of various objects, somehow knowing where everything was among the mess that was her room. The amount she was fitting into the boxes suggested that she was already using her Dyne particles, or more likely a very skilled packer.

"Right I think that everything, besides it's not like I can pop back when I need something!"

Share this post


Link to post

The Bee-Keeper III

 

"Sweet. Let's get this stuff in the car and hit the road!" clapped Baxter, probably more excited about this mini-road trip to the FCU campus than he should have been. Ever since the Terminus reared its ugly head again, he'd had to drop from his remaining courses for the semester. That doctorate was so close - so very, very close - but it was fine. There was something oddly poetic about finishing up his last few years back in Freedom City. It might have been nice overseas, but there was no place like home.

 

Scooping up a pair of boxes in each arm, the incognito Bee-Keeper motioned with his head. "C'mon. Shouldn't take long to get all this stuff in there, then we can hit the road."

Share this post


Link to post

Bee

Melissa eyed the boxes carefully before decided that caution was the best option and just picked up one of the boxes. It was at times like this that she'd solved the electrical discharge problem of shrinking objects, and the possibility of them going pop. It was a good reason to go to FCU and full set of labs to work on the problem. HIT might be more highly regarded but it wasn't where the supers tended to be, and she was going to be a hero like her uncle!


"If you want we can come back from some of it later, all a really need is a bag of clothes and essentials." she looked up at her uncle, just over the top of the box.

Share this post


Link to post

The Bee-Keeper III

 

Arching a brow, Baxter just gave a shrug in response, causing an uncomfortable shuffling of of the boxes between his arms.

 

"Alright. Cool. If you're sure, then I guess we're good to go," hummed her uncle, setting the boxes back down. Fishing out both his keys and a set shades from the pocket of his leather jacket, he slipped the sunglasses on with practiced ease before tossing a gentle nod towards the way to the front door. "I'm driving. You can pick the music, Mel."

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×