Forever Boy

• 2 weeks later...

1. Where is your hero from?

• Neverworld, a world of adventure and swashbuckling.

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

• Pretty and slim.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

• I tend to hover or fly most of the time, at least when I'm not actively trying not to.

4. What is your hero's motivation?

• To find adventure and friends. To find a way back to Neverworld.

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

• I am fearless and resourceful. I tend to get overemotional, which can lead to some rash actions.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

• I love adventure in all forms. I don't tend to hold a lot of hate, except for the Hooked Man. When I return to Neverworld, I will defeat him.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

• Mentally stable, but my emotions tend to run a bit wild.

8. What does your hero fear the most?

• Never returning to Neverworld.

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

• To return to Neverworld, where I will defeat the Hooked Man. 

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

• I don't really know much about the Earth yet, so I'm trying to find my place here, at least until I can return to Neverworld.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

• I try to let a person's actions speak for them. I try to get along with everyone.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

• The Pixies of Neverworld, the Lost Heroes of Neverworld, friends and other students at Claremont Academy, Claremont Academy itself.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

• No. I have had courtships in Neverworld, but none amounted to anything.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

• The closest thing I have had to a family was the Pixies and the Lost Heroes of Neverworld. The pixies raised me and taught me all my tricks. The Lost Heroes made me into a hero. I would do anything for either group.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

• Impulsive, emotional.

16. Is your hero a role model?

• I try to be, but I'm not sure if I am.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a relgious tradition?

• Not much. I don't really think about it, to be honest.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

• Back on Neverworld I was part of the Lost Heroes. Here on the Earth, I'm in Claremont Academy's Blue Squad.

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

• I am technically an alien on Earth, and I just love all the strange powers that people have here.

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

• Some times, it's fine to relax.

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
I Pan Barrie, the Forever Boy. Adventurer, hero, traveller between worlds!

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
The Forever Boy is pretty great for that, don't you think?

What is your full birth name?
Not sure. The Pixies called me Pan, and I took the surname Barrie while I was with the Lost Heroes. So Pan Barrie is the closest, I suppose.

Where do you live?
The dorms at Claremont Academy.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
Oh, I'm sixteen. I have been sixteen for a long, long time.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
It is Forever Boy, is it not?

How would you describe your heritage?
Out of this world!

How tall are you?
5'10''

What is your body type?
Slim and athletic.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
None!

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
I'm graceful and light on my feet. I usually care myself with confidence, but I can be stealthy, if there is a need.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
Fair, somewhat tanned skin, green eyes, dark red hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
I tend to wear it loose. I rarely care to use a brush or comb. Let my hair fly free!

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
I don't know, but it seems that others think so.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
None.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
Not as far as I know.

Do you have a dominant hand?
My right.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
I like mostly form fitting clothes. Green and red clothes are best, but I'm willing to go for other colors. I prefer not wearing anything too dark.

Do you wear makeup?
No.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I tend to fall on the lighter side.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
I tend to fly or float when I get excited. And I get excited pretty easily. Comes from my upbringing, I suppose. Pixies are kind of different compared to most humans, after all. I've had remarks, and it has annoyed some, but it is simply part of who I am.

History

Where do you come from?
I was raised by Pixies on Wish Isle on Neverworld.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
That depends. Is moving from one world to another major?

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
I'm loyal to Wish Isle, yes, but the other questions doesn't really apply.

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
Neverworld is wonderful! There's adventure everywhere!

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Wish Isle is on Neverworld. It was rather peaceful, with many creatures that is just considered myths here.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
Oh, I was very much a minority. I was the only human among the Pixies! And they did their best with me, they really did. 

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
Tricks and mischief tends to come naturally. Some like it and find it fun, others not so much.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
I don't know what happened to my parents or who they were. They likely abandoned me, and the Pixies found me.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
The Pixies flew, never realizing that I could not. I was left alone, thought myself abandoned again. Then they came back, and didn't leave my side until I left Wish Isle.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
So many! Stealing honey from a thunder bear comes to mind!

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
No school among the Pixies!

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
The Pixie Dust, I suppose. It is always with me.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
I had left Wish Isle to explore Neverworld. For a long while, I played tricks and created mischief. Then I saw the devastation that the Hooked Man and his Sky Pirates left behind.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
Sometimes. Being a hero leads to adventure, and I like to tell others that. I don't like to dwell on dark and solemn things, and this reason is just as good.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
Nothing I have done, but I still know nothing about my parents

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
I am, who I am. Why should I hide that, if not to play a trick?

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
I hide little from my friends. I trust them, after all.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
No record. I have stolen on both Neverworld and in Freedom City, but I am making amends. On Neverworld, it was simply for mischief. In Freedom City, it was to survive.

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 
I do not know.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
No, I was raised by the Pixies of Wish Isle.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
The Pixies are communal, they care little for standing. This does not really apply to them. They just did what they did, because they wanted to.

Where are your parents now?
I do not know.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
The Pixies tended to stay at Wish Isle, but some joined me for my later travels.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
It was great! They taught me all they knew, attempting as good as they could to teach me to behave as a human, even if they were Pixies. I last saw them retreating to Wish Isle, when I joined the Lost Heroes. They were happy for me, however.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
I do not know my parents, but I believe that the Pixies are proud.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
I don't know.

What was your birth order in the family?
I don't know.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
I really don't know.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
Wouldn't know how to, if I knew about any.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Not at all.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
The Pixies all took care of me, but the one named Tinker was probably my closest companion, always trying to keep me safe.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
No.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
I really wouldn't know.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
No.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
Maybe. I don't know. It is quite difficult for most to reconcile the fact that of how long I have been sixteen with a relationship, I have found.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Someone that shares my sense of adventure!

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
I am growing closer with many of my fellow students at Claremont. The closest right now would probably be Nicole, after she invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her, and Micah, my roommate. They are quite wonderful people.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
I don't really know. I suppose Tinker was my closest friend back home. She always watched out for me, and we could tell each other anything. Even when she complained about the other Pixies.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
My friends at Claremont at least, I hope! And I'm sure that the Lost Heroes are worried about me back home, if any made it out alive.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
I have had my shares of loves, almost all brief. Not many could handle that I was sixteen forever, while they grew older. They moved on, and so did I.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
The Hooked Man and his Sky Pirates are my greatest enemies. They're a threat to all of Neverworld, and what spurred me into heroics in the first place. I have fought them numerous times, winning and losing. My last fight with the Hooked Man sent me to Neverworld.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Oh, the Hooked Man is devious. He launches attacks in full force, he employs deception and manipulation. The Sky Pirates are not so subtle, but they do the bidding of their leader.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
My parents abandoned me. I don't even remember them.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Friends, adventure, freedom, heroics, in that order.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
If someone is my friend, I trust them. Its as simple as that.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
The Hooked Man, for the terror he has brought to Neverworld.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Being friendly and heroic. Being clever and adventurous. To believe and find wonder in the world around you. And I do believe I'm all that and more.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
I dislike when people are too serious, at least without a cause. Evil is a hard quality to understand. Why would they do such things?

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
I suppose that I have a secret identity as Pan Barrie while on Earth Prime. It does not matter much to me, but I have been told that it is customary for most heroes to have such here. Pan is the Forever Boy, and the Forever Boy is Pan, but I try to follow the customs. The students and teachers at Claremont know, perhaps a few others. It is honestly not a big deal for me.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I can be either, depending on the situation. I believe that I work well with others, though I do tend to choose my own paths, and I do not take well to direct commands or orders.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
I am a member of the Blue Squad at Claremont Academy. I trust my teammates completely, of course.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
I am a member of the Claremont Academy tabletop gaming club. I attend every meeting that I can.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
The Lost Heroes taught me much in our time together, and I suppose that they fit.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
I had heard that Ahab the Whalehunter was a great hero that sought to slay the Great White Whale. When I found him, he was a cruel man, as much a danger as the Great Destroyer itself. 

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
Yes! I love the adventure, I love saving others! What more do you need, after all?

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
No, I don't think so.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Finding a way back to Neverworld would be great, but just having adventures on Earth Prime will do as well.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
Continuing the adventure that is my life, of course.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
Not being able to return to Neverworld at some point. I fight through it. It won't stop me.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
A friend.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
I don't really care about such things. 

How do you generally treat others?
I'm generally friendly, but I often play pranks or tricks. I do try not to be mean about it.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Yes. And yes, but I won't let some bad experiences taint me.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
Oh, I am most definitely extroverted. And I am supremely self confident.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
As I would anyone else. There is more to persons than their looks, after all.

What are your most annoying habits?
I have some problems staying focused or still when I get bored, and my attention can, in general, flitter about a bit.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Not really.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
Since coming to Earth Prime I have found a great love for burgers, after being suggested I try one on my first day at Claremont. An excellent choice! And it really differs. I can scarf down food with the best of them, but at times I like to just savor the taste.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
They have this thing called Soda or Pop on Earth Prime. It is absolutely wonderful. So many different tastes!

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Ice cream. No question there.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
I am not a fan of Spinach. Or Octopi.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
Green and red! I don't like dark colors, or browns and greys.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
I'm open to just about anything. Especially something with a quick beat. Earth Prime has such wonderful varied music, and so many ways to find it!

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Roses.

Do you have a favorite animal?
I really like butterflies.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
The Pixie Dust that surround and empower me. It is a sort of possession, a gift from the Pixies.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
Oh, I'm fine with either, as long as its an adventure.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
If it involves hurting a friend or innocent.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?
Not really?

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
No.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
I do not.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
Yes. And I have.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
War. The Sky Pirates were pillaging a city. Innocents would have died, if I had not.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
When there are no other choice, and if it is to protect innocents or friends.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
It all depends on whether it was justified or not. I don't believe an enemy would have the same reason or conviction as a friend would.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
I would get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?
With a laugh.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I would take revenge. And yes.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Hurting or killing without just cause.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
I would spend time with friends, on one final adventure. What more would I need?

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
The Pixies taught me to fly and play tricks. The Lost Heroes taught me to fight.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
That was probably Tinker. She taught me to fly, and to play my tricks. How to form the Pixie Dust into so many effects. She was my friend, I suppose. We helped each other and journeyed together.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I am great at bluffing and mischief. I can trick most. As with much else, Tinker taught me such.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
I prefer to think of myself as an adventurer, I suppose. Not really anything to do for a living, however.

What is your preferred combat style?
Keeping distance, while staying mobile in the air. Using all the tricks at my disposal.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
Not as such, but I am considered a legend back on Neverworld.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
I would like to become a better swordsman. It'll come, one day.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I'm only happy to meet those more skilled than me! It is a new experience, a new opportunity to learn!

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, see what happens from there. I welcome any interruption, anything to create a distraction and adventure!

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
I like exploring, flying and just having adventures. They don't need to be hero related. I mostly picked all that up from being raised by the Pixies.

What do you do for fun?
I spend time with friends, I fly, and I have adventures!

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
I do! Well, kind of, at least. It is a costume here, but it was just the kind of clothes that Pixies gave me back home. A green form fitting suit that leaves my neck, face and lower arms free. My outer legs are red, as are my shoulders, stretching down to my solar plexus. There's a golden and red buckle at the front of the costume, and the look is completed with a green domino mask. A lot of the Pixies wore something like it.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
Mostly in reds and greens, generally form fitting clothing. 

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Just underwear, maybe a t-shirt if its cold.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
No.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
No.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Flying! Flying is always the best!

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make? 
No. 

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Honestly, I don't know, but I don't think so.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
For the adventurers I had and the good I did.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
No, not really.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
The cleverness of me.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
I tend to be impulsive, and if bored, I get easily distracted.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
You should let people earn their trust, instead of just trusting them right away. Adventure is well and good, but try and find something else that makes you happy.

• 3 months later...

Storytime

The night was dark in the small home. The fading light from the starts outside the window barely illuminated the young boy's room as he sat in his bed, his grandmother by his side.

"Grandmother, please tell me a story," the boy asked.

"A story?" the grandmother replied, a smile on her lips.

"Yes, please! You know the one! My favorite!"

"Your favorite, you say? And which one would that be?" Of course she knew. She knew her child well, after all.

"You know the one! Come on! The story about the Forever Boy!"

"Well, I suppose I do. I guess you have been good."

And so, she started telling the tale.

---

"Once upon a time, there was a boy. He was not just any ordinary boy, mind you. He did not live with his mother or father, like you or every other child out there. In fact, as far as he could remember, the boy had never even met them. "

"Did he ever miss his parents?" the boy asked. Of course he was not tired yet.

"Maybe he did, maybe he did not. He never told me. Now, no interruptions."

"As luck would have it, the boy was found by the Pixies while he was but a baby. So young, so small, all alone in the world. The Pixies were worried, but they could not find the child's parents. Despite their worry, they decided to leave the child behind. After all, while he might be a boy now, he would one day be a man, and the Pixies had learned to stay hidden from man. The boy  was silent, watching the bright lights as they flew about him, watching the glowing dust as it fell around him. And then he laughed. And the Pixies could no longer leave the child."

"The Pixies brought the baby to the Wish Isle, carried by dust, smiles and laughter. They named him Pan. There, the baby grew. He laughed, he learned, he flew. The Pixies were perhaps not the best to raise a child, but he wanted for nothing, and he learned much in the ways of trickery. He ran, he jumped, he swam and he grew. The baby became a boy, and the Pixies feared that one day, he would become a man."

"What did they do?" the boy's voice asked, hidden under his covers.

"Do you know why Pixies can fly and glow? How they never seem to grow and change? It is all because of their Pixie Dust. And sixteen years after they found the child, the Pixies gifted him with Pixie Dust. Like the Pixies, he would fly, and now, he would forever be a boy."

"For uncounted years, Pan continued to live amongst the Pixies. Like them, he was now forever. Like them, he revelled in fun and laughter, in tricks and games, in adventure and stories. Until one day, when he saw a magnificent ship on the sky. Pan had never thought about the world outside Wish Isle. Why would he? As far as he knew, Wish Isle was the world. He was intrigued, he was amazed. There was a whole world out there, one that he had never seen. The Pixies did not approved, but they were small, and they would not decide for the boy. And so, the Forever Boy flew out into the world."

The boy had peeked up from under his covers now, his long black hair standing in every direction. 

"He flew to New Avalon, where he followed the route that would one day become the Great Canal. He visisted Trader's Haven, flying amongst the shops and vendors, playing tricks on the guards and the working men. He would be seen, and he would disappear. He spent years in New Avalon, never aging, never changing, and the story of the Forever Boy spread."

"In Victori, he flew amongst the stars, his Pixie Dust trailing behind him, charting new stars across the sky. He was a light in the darkness, a story told to children. Behave, or the Forever Boy comes your way!"

The boy was shocked. "Was the Forever Boy bad?"

The grandmother smiled, shaking her head. "No, not at all. But some times, grown ups tell stories to make their children behave, do they not? The Forever Boy was laughter and smile, he was adventure and story. He met the people of the seas, he saw the turtle islands. He was everything that he wanted to be, on an endless adventure, never ceasing, never ending."

"And then, one day, he met a girl."

"WENDY!" the boy happily chimed in.

"Now, who is telling the story here?" She was not mad, of course not. "But yes, he met Wendy and her siblings. It was a coastal city, once a great and shining place of commerce. Until the Hooked Man and his Sky-Pirates came. They had all but destroyed the once shining city, reducing it to rubble. Few were left, and for the first time, the Forever Boy knew evil. He was horrified. How could he not be? After all, for longer than he knew, he had seen only good, and now, evil had come to his world. For a time, he travelled with Wendy and her family. He learned much in those journeys, he saw beauty and horror. He grew close with Wendy and her family. He protected them, learned of new ways to use the Pixie Dust that had once been used for nothing but fun and laughter. To Pan, time passed quickly, and one day, Wendy was no longer a child. She and her family had settled in a new place, and Pan bid his farewell."

"He flew through the night, he flew through the world. Now he knew evil, and his adventure had changed. As his tricks and jests delighted the world, he fought for us all. He fought the Sky-Pirates across the clouds. He traded blows with Whale Hunter. Even the Hooked Man himself would come to know and hate the Forever Boy! He became a light in the dark, flying across the sky, and for the first time since the Hooked Man first appeared, we knew hope."

The grandmother grew silent, smiling. The boy was almost sleeping now. Good. 

"But... grandmother... where is he now? The Hooked Man is still out there? What about the Forever Boy?" So tired, the words barely coming out.

The grandmother smiled, lightly stroking the boy's hair as he laid on his pillow, his eyes almost closed. "Oh, he is still out there, of course. Still on his never ending adventure."

---

With a sigh, the child gave in. And the grandmother stood up, a smile on her lips, before she abruptly turned away from him, made her ways towards the windows and threw them open, coming face to face with a glowing boy. "Hello Pan."

"Hello, Wendy. It appears that you have grown older still."

She smiled. Of course he meant no insult. "That is how time is, my boy. It catches up to all of us. Well, except for you, perhaps."

He returned the smile, landing windowsill, looking in at the boy. "You left out quite a few things, did you not?"

The old woman laughed, shaking her head. "He is a child. Let him have his innocence a bit longer." She paused. Something was wrong, she could feel it. "Why are you here? It has been years since your last visit."

Pan was silent for a moment. "We might have found a way to stop the Hooked Man. I hope so, at least. If we can find the Crocodile... Even he should not be able to stop it. We have a lead, maybe we can finally end it."

Wendy shook her head. "The Crocodile. I wish you best of luck, but you do realize how absurd that sounds, do you not?" 

Of course he knew. But it was an adventure, and the only thing that might work. And with his never-ending smile on his lips, the Forever Boy said "Goodbye, Wendy. I will see you soon." But even he knew that was a lie.