Diamondlight

"Thing can always get worse" replied Diamondlight, firmly but with a glint in his eye and a cold smile on his lips. 

"But I love a gamble. If the cards always fell your way, there would be no point in playing" he explained as he landed. Truth was, it was a much more comfortable flight than he had anticipated. 

"And now, its time to turn over a few cards and see what we are dealing with" he said, full of anticipation. 

"I don't want you to think me a coward, but after you, sir!" he said, smoothly. "If there bee any traps here, they might not sting if the owner. In other words, being dressed in Beekeeper armour might spare you any trap or pit!"

"Let'zz hope luck'll bee a lady tonight," shrugged the Bee-Keeper as he lead the way into swingin' den of sixties swag, careful to walk briskly but not too briskly so Zoss could keep up with the flashlight. He really hoped he hadn't just jinxed himself.

"But I don't get it. There'zz zzuppozzed to be zzomething wrong with thizz plazze. It juzzt lookzz old and dilapidated."

In the end, the searching of the two men led them back into the vault Diamondlight had discovered. All was as he had left it - the decades-old bags of cash, jewels and other items that must have come from the bank's safe deposit box, and of course the statue of that Hindu goddess. A statue that was, as the two men approached it, beginning to emit a distinct buzzing sound. As they watched, the black bees on the statue's body began to slowly vibrate in a deep, almost bass rhythm like insects waking up from hibernation. And then - and then the statue opened its eyes and spoke in a voice full of the cultured refinement of the sub-continent. 

"BEE-KEEPER." She fixed her gaze upon Baxter, eyes glowing, raising her voice over the buzzing sound emerging from her apian adornments. "YOU HAVE RETURNED!

The Bee-Keeper III

Shock is an emotion that comes in many levels. At the lowest tier is the kind that happens when your friends throw you a surprise party and you honestly didn't see it coming. Then there's the next level, when a girl you thought you didn't have a chance with genuinely says yes to a date, even though you're a complete spaz. After that comes the one about finding out you have superpowers or something like that.

Then there was the level where Bhramari,  the Hindu Goddess of Bees, spoke to you directly. You know, the sort of thing that registered an easy seven on a scale of one to five.

"Uh... hi," the obviously-not-the-right-Bee-Keeper stammered as he gave Diamondlight an equally confused look through his body language, genuinely at a loss for words for a moment. "That'zz, uh... that'zz me. The Bee-Keeper. Yup. Back and trying to figure out what'zz actually wrong with thizz plazze other than it'zz jam-packed full of loot. And you're either Bhramari, or a really, really convincing robot."

Baxter was honestly hoping it was a robot, but given his luck, it was probably fifty-fifty on that front.

Diamondlight

"A really convicing robot, I think" said August. 

"I haven't met a Hundu Goddess before. But I don't they would speak like that. And I do think a convincing robot left by the Beekeeper would" he explained, quite bluntly, carefully studying Bhramari. Or the thing that looked like Bhrami. 

He said no more. The modern day beekeeper was more likely than he to get responses and information. 

But he kept his eyes and ears wide open.