Head West

GM

The Sonic blast hit Yasser square on with full force. On any other man, it would have broken ribs and quite possibly more. But in Yassre's case, the sonic energy sent fizzing sparks to every point of the compass (and, given the hyperdimensional lensing of such esoteric energy, that may well have been more than four). 

Yasser flew across the room and landed on some rather expensive Persian cushions. 

"I will....never....surrender! I....am....DAKA MAN!" he mumbled, proudly. 

The fact that his eyes were pointing in different locations did lessen the magnificence of his proclamation. 

And with that, he fell unconscious. 

Meanwhile, the Scarab could hear the sound of his cronies boots on the floors and stairs, advancing on her position. 

And she could see the corrupted energy of Yasser fizzing, sparking, escalating. No longer held back by his mind, they looked like they were growing increasingly uncontrolled!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scarab III

Problem-solving was Kamala’s jam, especially in a crisis situation, and her mind was already prioritizing the necessary actions.

“SAFIYA monitor and record the energy signatures involved, inform me if they begin to approach critical.” with a few eye movements she activated a loudspeaker she’d been added on to the suit, her voice hopefully echoing through the building.

<“There is an explosion building with enough power to flatten this building! I suggest you leave it at the soonest opportunity.”> she hoped they’d believe her enough to leave, though she expected someone would come to challenge her

Finally, she set herself on the main task, looking for options to contain or disperse the energies being released. And she wasn’t planning to leave the man behind despite what he’d tried to do.

GM

The Energy levels flicked this way and that. The Scarab could see the sparks flying off Yassers unconscious corpse in infra red and ultravoilet, and most probably a whole heap of EM signatures. 

Either way, it didn't look good. 

She could hear the footsteps stop - at least momentarily. There was the sound of agruments in arabic, which became quickly as hot as Yasser. Some wanted to run, some felt a loyalty to Yasser. She could hear a scuffle break out...

...but right now, it seemed Yasser was about to explode. And explode badly. The only solution that she could see was to invert the detonation. Make him implode rather than explode. Although what would that do to Yasser? In any case, it was better than him getting torn to atoms in an explosion. 

Now, if only she could work out how to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow....!

The Scarab III

Working quickly Kamala took off the backpack that contained the power sources and generator for her force field, setting it down and began to adjust the setting. With another quick calculation she set the field to start just above the skin of the man, containing the energy within for the potential explosion. With a smaller area she reduced the field size to increase the strength of the bubble, hopeful enough to save them all.

With no time to flee with a quick prayer she waited to see if her calculation were spot on or not.

GM

Yasser fizzed, and Yasser sparked. It was a cacophony of fizzing and sparking, and - with the addition of sonic power, a most cacophonic cacophy. 

Three of Yassers henchmen, armed with Dara-rifles, came tumbing into the room. One look at their faces was enough to indicate they were already having second thoughts. 

There was a moment of sweat on brow, a moment of breath held most tightly...for one horrible moment it looked like the most might of explosions might level Cairo. Or even beyond. 

Pop!

It was the most impressive on anti-climaxes.

Bar the sound, and a few sparks on the ground, Yasser had plain dissapeared from sight. Quite possibly, he had dissapeared from the universe. 

"Where did he go? What did you do? Who are you?" came the bubble of angry and scared questions from Yasser's henchmen.  

The Scarab III

No, no, no, no! Realising what was happening Kamala tried her hardest to halt what was happening, despite everything he’d done she didn’t want to kill the man. Despite however the last minute adjustments, it was all in vain and he apparently evaporated. It might be that he was still somehow alive, these things worked in strange ways, but for now, it was little comfort. She’d wanted a little time to process what had happened, but his followers did give her the time. Standing up, and quickly setting her backpack to its default setting, before turning around to view them.

“The Daka crystals are unstable if put under any kind of stress, I tried to stabilise his structure but I could manage the task.” it was more or less the truth

“I suggest you drop the weapons before they begin to act similarly.”

She didn’t need to worry to them because of her jammer, but she didn’t want to fight any longer then she needed. There had in her mind been enough fighting today.

GM

The three men looked at each other. They were scared, sure. Panicked, even. But they weren't sure that dropping their weapons was any safer than keeping them in their hands. 

They looked at each other. They looked at the Scarab. They looked at the last faint glow that Yasser had left behind. 

They looked at each other again. 

"<Remember Ahmed? When he tested it?>"

"<Remember? I had to mop up the mess....>"

With memories activated and evidence mounting, fanatic loyalties melted. 

Three daka guns dropped to the floor, and they all ran from the building as fast as possible...

The Scarab III

With what had just happened she was more than happy that she didn’t have to fight any of them. Instead, she was able to remain stoic as part of the Scarab persona.

“In case there's any residual energies I strongly suggest that you all exit this building as quickly as possible, I have people out there that will be able to help you with any potential problems.”

She was pretty sure that at least one person out there was interested in the people, rather than the once powerful Daka crystal which no part was safe to fall into anyone hands. Except maybe her own...

GM

The building emptied with the speed of panic and despair, which, as it turned out, was pretty darn fast. Yasser had dissapeared! The holy crystal of Daka had evaporated! A superhero was here!

And Agent Fields was outsides, examining her WEST scanner. 

"Well I'll be damned!"

She had seen the energy spike, and for a moment had made her peace with the universe, thinking that Cairo was about to be destroyed. Frankly, the readings had been so worrisome that not only was she going to make her peace with the universe, she was wondering if the universe needed to make its peace with...well....something even bigger. 

*Everythings back to normal...the readings went....really strange....what happened?* she said over the radio, to the Scarab. 

The Scarab III

Kamala paused for on a second to make sure the others had left before quickly pocketing one of the slithers of Daka crystal and destroying the rest. She felt a twinge of guilt at concealing the slither but everything she’d experienced told her that no one could really be trusted to hold onto any of the crystal. Beside her if she could she owned it to try and recover the man she’d watched disintegrated, and that would require further study.

“The crystal became unstable and disintegrated, take him as well I believe it was because he’d been somehow bounded to the crystal. Unfortunately, all the crystal become unstable and disintegrated once the main crystal had gone.” she explained once she’d stepped out.

GM

"Could have been worse" replied a grateful agent Fields. "I mean, we could be dead. Or Cairo could have exploded..."

She wiped her brow. 

"Could have been even worse than Cairo exploding. And it could have been even worse than what even worse than Cairo exploding would have been. And frankly, it could have been ever worse than that. Nobody really understands where these Corrupted Daka Crystals came from, or what they can do" she said, bluntly. 

"You have the thanks of W.E.S.T" she said, more brightly. "We need people like you on our side..."

She paused, before laying out the bait and attempting to reel in...

"Now, we just need somebody like you to help track down where those Energy weapons got transported to...."

Continued in...

Edited by Supercape