[IC] What Lurks Beneath the Fens

endwaar

Echohead

"You mean...the club?" asked Echohead, taking a guess. "They did this to you? Needles and...other things?"

Sharp eyes? Sounds scary! Sound like torture!

He shuddered. 

"Sounds horrible. Sounds worse than horrible. Look, we are here to shut it down. Permenantly" he explained, more firmly. "Nobody should have needles. We aren't going to make you go back. But we need to go there, all the same..."

The man's thoughts were jagged, cutting things, terrified and wary. However, Echohead's words seemed to get through to him, and he calmed slightly - enough for Echohead's question to penetrate the fog of terror that soured the man's thoughts. The horned man paused, breathing heavily, and stared at Echohead. "Y-you're not from the labs? I thought... they said it was a drink, but it was more... so much more." 

Echohead received images of the location of the club he had been seeking, of dancing flashy bodies, and of a barman serving drinks in the back. The phantom sensation of one of the drinks sizzled in his throat, and the images resumed in a dark lab, with needles and sharpness and- the thoughts cut off, the bone-barbed man shaking his head vigorously. "W-who are you then? Why are you here?"

Echohead

"I am G-man, my friend. Here to save the day". 

He wasn't sure of that, not by a long shot. His relationship with AEGIS was not simple; an affliate, a loose cannon, a tool. But he needed them and, whilst they did not need him, they certainly found him useful. 

"Look, there's nothing to worry about. In fact, now is the time to stop worrying. It is, in fact, your lucky day" he explained. 

"Can you tell me what happened? The more I know the better" he asked, gently. "We need your help to stop this. And find out whats going on. Perhaps find out whats going on before we stop it..." he said, getting his order right. "Otherwise we can't stop it. Whatever it is..."

It was a bit of a gabble, but he said it gently and calmly, with a meek smile on his face. 

The Scarab III

Given the choice Kamala would have continued the ruse a little longer, they couldn't be completely sure that the guy wasn't playing them to find out who they were. But it was Echoheads operation and she was there to help him out, not that she wasn't ready for when trouble started, as trouble always seemed to start where supers were involved. Still, she couldn't help but give him her own opinion on the problem.

Be cautious here, we don't know how he's connected to all this she warned him telepathically.