Cultural Competence (IC)

Chromium paused, a slow raise of his eyebrow the only sign of the consternation he thought but his feelings were writ all over his face. Confusion, interest, suspicion, caution and a little bit of hope slid across the silver face until he opened his mouth, then shut it again and then frowned,"I have a few questions...you talking about a house or a neighbourhood? And how obvious would a porsche be in the area? And what's the catch?"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Neither a'those things - but there's parkin' and they probably won't notice you if you put yerself in the right spot." It didn't seem like she was going to share more information than that on the score of where they were talking about, not until she knew Chromium was on her team. "The catch is that we look out for each other. That's all. Life's hard enough without a lot of backstabbin' and workin' against each other." She had moved, during the conversation, up to the top of one of the shipping containers without leaving any trace of exactly how she'd done it. "So whaddaya think, Chromium? You in?" 

Chromium smirked and shook his head,"And who would have thought I'd find a super 'team' to join in Bedlam of all places?" He looked up at her on her new perch and chuckled, clearly she was demonstrating she had some powers as well...not just a paintball gun,"Oh, I'm in as long as I don't become everyone's favourite form of transport and that's it. I want to learn things and I want to be helped to grow. As long as you're doing that and not just making use of my powers to meet your own goals that's fine."

s i

He thought about mentioning he wouldn't do bad stuff, no bank robbing, no crime...he was a hero...but perhaps it was better to let her show him what they did before he declared his allegiance. She had to be  better than the Jigsaw man if she was fighting him. He remembered stinky mentioning the blonde woman and Wadjet as his targets so that made him a little more relaxed about it.

"We got our own forms of transportation," said Anna with a little wave. "I only learned to drive so I could...well, never mind." She didn't want to explain that she'd learned to drive so she could take her kid places without using her powers; that had been decades earlier anyway. "And I got power aplenty, between me and the other girls." No use letting him know how many of them there were; not yet. "I been on teams before," she added, back at ground level with the boy. "And one thing I found," she said, looking up at him. "Is that there are a lot of powerful people out there who want to do us a world of dirt. But if we stick together, we gotta  real chance of owning this whole thing. Glad yer on the team, kid." She smiled. "Lemme give you an address, and you can meet us there tonight..."