Triakosia

Dancia stood to one side looking up at the statue, her eye covered by sunglasses as she was lost in thought.

“He’s been such an influence in my life, yet I never got to know him. On this Earth I’m the last survivor of his world, a link to the culture, yet I’ve never felt I’ve earned the right to use the name...” she paused to gather herself before continuing

“Not so long ago I got to visit an Earth where we must have arrived at the same time, they met and at some point fell in love. Katie is his daughter, with the other me, and as far as I know they died fighting to save that Earth. I wonder if they have a statue of her standing beside him?”

"That would be kind of sweet," Casey said with a slight nod. Of course she'd read all about Centurion, both before and since her transformation, but she'd never felt the same sort of kinship with him at Tria did, perhaps for obvious reasons. She'd always looked to her father for inspiration, even if they didn't always agree on everything. Lots of things, it seemed these days.

Noticing the odd group in robes, the blonde heroine shaded her eyes as she used her amazing vision to get a closer look at them. "Is that some sort of church group of some kind...?"

• 1 month later...

Triakosia

Dancia was quiet for a few minutes, she didn’t expect anyone else to have the same reaction it wasn’t even something that she couldn’t quite put into words. It was just something you got used to over time, and never quite all of it really.

Some would call them more a cult. It’s easy to see supers as above normal humanity, we soar above the Earth bringing them justice from above. And Centurion was the best of us, he died to save us all!” she managed a faint smile

I’m not normally quite so hyperbolic or prone to speeches. I guess the anniversary got to me a little. That’s why your here to get their views on them, as balanced as you can.”

"Oh, okay; I can do that." The eager young intern dug around in her bag and pulled out her trusty Tascam DR-40X, a graduation gift from her mother. Casey then headed over to the group with long, confident strides. As she approached the gathered 'worshipers', she waved and smiled . "Good morning! My name is Casey Blankenship, and I'm a journalism major. Would anyone be willing to talk about your gathering here today? I promise not to take up too much of your time."

• 3 weeks later...

GM Post

The little group were a little surprised at Casey’s arrival and went into a huddle for a few seconds as they discussed things among themselves. After a few moments they’d obviously come to a discussion and one of there numbers stepped forward.

The young South-Asian woman, barely younger than Casey herself, smiled as she put down the hood they’d all been wearing.

“Hi there, I’m Vijaya Joshi. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have!”

Triakosia

Sitting a short distance away Dancia watched as Casey took the direct approach, she’d picked this group as they were a little mostly harmless. She couldn’t quite buy into their beliefs, but she admired there dedication.

She kept an ear on the conversation as she listened to the general hustle and bustle of the city, nothing major was going right now and besides there were enough heroes about to deal with most problems today. Maybe it was a good chance to work through a few things as well, it wasn’t like she could go to shrink about how complicated her, most heroes really, lives could get.

"Thank you very much, ma'am. Would you mind spelling your name for me? And I do I have permission to quote you?" Once the preliminaries were out of the way, Casey went into journalist mode. "Ms. Joshi, you and your friends have come out on a very special day. Can your tell us what the Centurion means to you? And are those feelings exclusive to him, or do they extend to other so-called heroes who are active today?"

Obviously this interested her on at least two levels, as both a regular citizen and as a heroine herself; she was looking forward to getting this group's perspective.

Edited by Heritage