Violence is Golden

GM

The air was predictably cooler out here, even if they were not high up. It was almost pleasant; the stars shone bright and free of the cities light polution. 

Inside the penthouse, through the glass, Fax could see Skulll pacing up and down, nusring his nose, and finally scrambling for his phone, frantically dialing the number over and over again. He could not hear him through the glass (predictably, Skulll as a musician had sound proofed his apartment to the max. To the ultra max, even), but Fax could certainly see him screaming and shouting down the phone. Angry. Desperate. Confused...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a vulgar creature he is

Alex's foggy involuntary thoughts beggining to slip through his brains as he observed for a short while.

He would have to do this quick so he began immediately probingfor enterances along the door seems and hinges.

Squeezing onea self so utterly flat as to slip through a gap no wider than a hair was an odd experience to be sure but he was some what numb to it as he swirled silently over skullls head.

Edited by Exaccus

GM

"Help! Help! They sent two policemen! I had to protect myself! Seriously! Like you said...you know...the spells! Oh please babe! PLEASE! I NEED YOU!" cried Skulll into the phone. 

Now inside the penthouse, and with senses alert, Fax could smell blood and sweat. And then, with eyes (or what passed as eyes in his most peculiar form), he could see blood. A trial of blood. Two trials of blood, in fact, leading to a closet with a bloody handle. 

Something bloody had gone on. 

"OK OK...I'll wait. But come quickly! What shall I do..." cried Skulll into the phone, before he was cut off. He started pacing around the flat, wringing his hands. 

that lives were now on the line helped focus Alex's mind, with a clarity honed from outrage at the cowardly and barbaric marcus skulls behavior he set into action almost instinctively, whirling through the air he made his way into the closet, gliding through the bloodstained fabric of the carpet with silent grace and into the darkness waiting for him headlong, before he did anything he would need to ensure that the police officers were alive.

He had always and always would choose to preserve the lives of bystanders over battling with villains but once he ascertained their condition he would have to decide how to go about that task.

GM

The two police officers were stuffed in the closet, broken and battered. Breathing, as far as Alex could tell, but they looked like they might stop bretahing at any time. They were at least mercifully unconscious, but every pore was bruised, they was blood everywhere, and several bones looked suspiciously broken. 

He was hardly a doctor, so judging exactly how unwell they were was beyond him. But any fool could tell they were in extremely bad shape and needed medical attention...

He was horrified and all thoughts of avenging himself on marcus vanished like snowflakes in a furnace.

He needed to act quickly so quickly he acted!

Returning to flesh for the briefest moment his hand shot to his shirt and air-turned flesh turned again this time to fiberous material!

Acting quickly he unravelled himself and began to cocoon the officers within himself his fiberous insides working to bandage and compress the injured officers as best he could.

Once that task was done however he turned his attention to his escape, now almost comically rotund in his core body and carrying two injured officers within himself he would need to move quickly, carefully and decisively!

Edited by Exaccus

GM

"What the hell? Is this the revenge of the mummy? A really fat mummy?" gasped Skulll as he caught sight of Alex. 

Skull stumbled back, aghast at the site and aflood with panic, he could barely mumble anything. 

But he could mumble something. 

"Invictus Terriblus!" he screamed in a metal wail. No, normally this would be just some bad faux-spell that someone had learned of a kids magic show. Or, for instance, hypothetically, a series of childrens books and films. 

But the Penthouse was defended.

Enchanted and defended. 

And Alex felt a wave of energy beyond normal senses congeal in the air around him, seeping off the walls and from the floor. A wave that caused a most vigorous rearangement of his internal organs...

Alex felt his his fibres twist and knot and snarl with the power of the faux magic words but they were his body and his to command so he quicklt undid the damage.

He would've loved to trade barbs with marcus but his body was begining to tinge pink with blood so he opted to simply point threateningly at him, in secret launching a super fine threat that latched into the weave of his own clothes and then barrelling for freedom the most direct method available; The balcony.

He felt no hesitation or fear, just calm focus as he leaped over the railings and spreading and unraveling his arms into flaps began to glide towards the nearest hospital like a majestic, if chubby manta ray.

GM

Skulll, for his part, leant over the side of the penthouse aghast at the scene. 

"What? It didn't work? I'm truly fu---"

A gust of wind spurred Alex and the police officers further away and out of earshot. Alas, he could not hear Mr. Skulll protest about how fudged he was. And it did seem that he was fudged. Royally fudged. 

Fortunately it was not far to the nearest hospital, at least by gliding over traffic (even at this time of night, this was Freedom City. there was traffic). He landed elegantly just outside, to the aghast and amazed faces of the paramedics and health staff outside. 

One drunkard with a black eye and bleeding nose from falling in his face, dramatically dropped his last brown bag containing his last bottle of industrial cleaning alcohol. He might just be turning over a new leaf...

"Please help me, i have two badly injured officers cocooned within me." He stated as his arms spam back to humanoid dimensions and shapes, his voice begining to shake as the adrenalin wore off and the tiredness began to take over him.

"I....i don't have any training i just did what i could, what they taught at work place safety." He explained "they need help. Please help them!"

GM

Despite the most unusual of circusmtance, there were two extremely ill (critically, in fact) policemen in front of them, and in such a situation the well drilled operation kicked in. Stabilise. Canulas and drips went in, bloods taken, and before you knew it, the men were out of danger. True, badly injured and needing a cart load of medical care, but alive. 

"You did a good job, son. I mean...er....whoever you are....Bandageboy? Mr, Mummy?" said an upbeat paramedic as the policemen got wheeled into the Intensibe care of the hospital. 

"Im just a concerned citizen doing his best, and you folks are my heroes right now."  He sighed relievedly as he fell onto his rear a mix of relief and building exhaustion he fell to the ground.

And looked at his hand "now i've got you mikey, dancing on my line, ill catch up with you and your blue haired friend sooner or later." He mumbled.

And began the long walk back towards his bike.

GM

And so....

It was a short bike ride back to the penthouse. And it was perfect toy timed, for as Fax pulled up he spotted Marcus Skulll, still holding his broken bleeding nose, scuttling out. He was wearing a hoodie and dark glasses but Fax, knowing his walk and his face...and recent history....could recognise nice him.

He was making a run for it....

Facsimile was prone to pondering his course of action, however briefly but now he was tired and if he was honest with himself, quite angry so he decided now as as good a time as any for improvisation so pulling ahead of marcus he parked up and as subtly as he could, slipped himself into the shadows of an alleyway, he'd let marcus get away too many times now and endangered the lives of many people with his decisions.

So as soon as marcus passed him by a elongated arm would shoot out and pull him into the darkness where he would get his answers, one way or another.

Slamming marcus against the brick wall like the punk he was as his hand slimmed down to an almost invisable edge of razor sharpness and gouged into the wall next to him.

"Where. Is. She."

GM

"Aaaagh"  screamed Marcus at the sight of Fax. He started playing air guitar...a quite absurd action until one recall3d his chainsaw guitar and his movements...an air guitar and an air chainsaw, making frantic chopping mimes at Fax.

'The Goddess of bones will never be betrayed!" He screamed defiantly. "She haunts the dead ground, grinds dead bones to dead dust, amongst heads of stone hahahaha!" He said, his body shaken into a spasm, his eyes full of mad devotion...

"I see...so some kind of graveyard." Facs banadages ruffled as they unraveled in a spiraling mass revealing his fiberous interior.

"I almost wish you still had your moronic guitar so i could tenderize you like the punk you are....ill settle for putting you away." He snarled as he engulfed the form of marcus within his own.

And made for his bike, the presinct would be his last stop before home and bed.

GM

"Graveyard? Graveyard? I didn't say Graveyard did I? I meant Graveyard, I mean Graveyard" he blabbered almost incoherently as Fax sped off. 

At the Precinct...

"Let me go...mmmmf....assault....mmff police brutality!" complained Skulll as the pulled up. 

"We haven't even touched you yet" laughed one cop outside, his hnandcuffs eagerly awaiting...

"Last stop, everyone off, remember to keep your baggage with you." Responded in the uncaring tone of someone too tired to focus now he'd smothered his anger out.

Its fire no longer filling his limbs he hoisted himself from the bike and made his way over to the waiting officer, disgorging marcus unceremoniously.

"Enjoy your stay, punk." He spat in tired contempt giving a nod of acknowledgement to the officer.

"Might wanna give him a cavity search, i caught him makin a run for it who knows what he has with him...goodnight officer."

And with that he got back onto his bike and rode for his home and the bed that waited for him there.

GM

And so, the next day, more early than a sleepy head would prefer...

At this time of year the sun was well risen, even in the early morning, and warm sunlight streamed into the city and residences. It was hot but a cool breeze elegantly swam through the city. A beautiful day. 

And Pixie was banging on Alex's door. She held two strong aromatic coffees in each hand, and in her mouth she held a bag full of most delicious Megadonuts. The ones with Doublechoccy Choc-o-chocolate cream on the outside. 

"Wave upfff...Schlleepyhead!" she yelled through her mouth, her teeth still gripping the Megadonut bag. 

"Hey penny, Gimme a sec and i'll be right down." Alex yawned from his bedroom window overlooking the front lawn.

And one quick shower and getting dressed later he was at the door to let his new friend in.

"My folks and brother are out of town at the moment, so I've got the place to myself." He mentioned "stayed for the concert and a break from richard." He explained "make yourself comfortable."

The lloydd family home was bright and comfortable surburban detached house, unremarkable but a family home.

GM

Penny Coin (aka the Puzzle Pixie) entered, fresh faced, and threw (not literally) some donuts and a hot coffee at Alex. With that, she took of her hat. 

And there they were, two tapered ears just like a pixie, or elf. She did appear to have that fae blood. 

"Whaddya find out yesterday?" she asked. "I was up half the night poking at the puzzle box. And ended up getting locked in a very strange maze. And going to a very very strange place indeed...." she shuddered. "But that's the Puzzle Box playing tricks on me. I think that I can get further inside with a key. A key of bone...." she said. 

"And I think I know where it might be. The top of that woman's staff...."

"Nice." He responded still a bit of a zombie from his long night out on the town and the stresses of hero work.

"Made use of some contacts of mine, ran into marcus in a bit of a incriminating situation so i handed him in to the FCPD after a bit of questioning." He explained in summary, there was no need to go into grotesque detail after all specially not over breakfast.

"He said the "goddess" of bones was in "the dead lands, grindin dead bones to dead dust amongst heads of stone." And the like, full cultist crazy talk but enough self preservation left to answer me and try to escape arrest."

Though he was not a massive fan of coffee the bitter taste helped hone his senses.

"Cute ears by the way." He added in his caffine fugue.

GM

"Sure sure" sighed Penny, twitching her ears. "Not for regular company however. I get bored of pretending I am a Star Trek FAn who has had their ears surgically modified" she explained, a little sour at the thought. 

"Well I'm glasd Skulll got his justice anyway. Although I wonder what Broken Wishbone will do know...will they break up?" she sniggered, some coffee going up her nose and causing her to sneeze violently. She wiped her running nose on her long sleeved t shirt leaving an ungainly smear on the sleeve which seemed not to bother her. 

"Graveyard is it then? During the daytime? Doesn't sound very dramatic timing...."

"Yeah it would be...but we got bit of work to do before hand so it'll probably be early evening before crunch time."  He explained with a grin as he flopped back into his armchair.

"Two people don't a cult make, gonna have to scout them out a bit and figure out how many bozo's i gotta juggle and exits i gotta block, maybe hit up some friends for a special something to mimic depending on situation...you know magic right? Any idea why felix didn't get his brittle bones smashed?"

GM

"Yeah I'd been thinking about that" replied Pixie, putting on her thoughtful face. "Maybe because he has brittle bones?" she said. "I mean, pretty much everyone there, in the mosh pit, is pretty robust, right? Young, strong. Or at least, strong boned. Otherwise you wouldn't be getting into a mosh pit in the first place" she summised. 

"Yet Felix, well he always had those smashed up legs, right? Never stopped him from doing anything. Bold. Kinda cute" she said, going red. "I mean...sort of kind of cute. Ummm. Anyway, he's right by the centre of the smashed bones and the spell, or curse, or whatever it did, had no effect on him. Like it didn't think it was worth it..."

"Either that, or he is hiding some big dark secret mystery!"